Reuters: "Slavery not a crime for almost half the countries in the world--study"

Testadura

http://news.trust.org/item/20200212132545-vdpzu

"Although laws allowing slavery have been scrapped worldwide, many of the 193 U.N. member states have not gone on to explicitly criminalise slavery"  Brits with their s'ses

SJW brigade . . . spring into action.  this seems more worthwhile than payback or tranny surgeries.

I have to take a dump

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Slavery is a stain on anyone’s history. Some of the worst things man has ever been associated with. 

One thing in regards to slavery in America that doesn’t get enough credit is there were tons of white people who fought and died to END slavery. 

America isn’t the scum piece of shit country the lefties want you to think. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Slavery is a stain on anyone’s history. Some of the worst things man has ever been associated with. 

One thing in regards to slavery in America that doesn’t get enough credit is there were tons of white people who fought and died to END slavery. 

Some of the biggest accomplishments were also done thru slaves

Great pyramids come to mind 

Most of the 600000 americans who died over slavery were white 

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Some of the biggest accomplishments were also done thru slaves

Great pyramids come to mind 

Most of the 600000 americans who died over slavery were white 

white devils you mean.  I know my history and yours, too.  My co-clerk after teaching at Georgetown Law worked for 15 yrs at the So Po Law Ctr; so, we know it's good.  He know defends enemy combatants in the DOD:

Allegations of racism[edit]

The Southern Poverty Law Center classifies Farrakhan's Nation of Islam (NOI) as a hate group and black separatist organization.[75] As the leader of NOI, Farrakhan has preached the organization's theology that blacks are superior to whites.[75] He has said whites were created 6,600 years ago as a "race of devils" by an evil scientist named Yakub. At an event in Milwaukee in August 2015, Farrakhan said: "White people deserve to die, and they know, so they think it’s us coming to do it." [76]

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Out of America's 244 years as a sovereign nation, 189 of those years it operated with discriminatory and oppressive laws on the books.  It's been racist most if not all of its existence.  That's a fact  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Out of America's 244 years as a sovereign nation, 189 of those years it operated with discriminatory and oppressive laws on the books.  It's been racist most if not all of its existence.  That's a fact  

that's what I've been saying, and none of these guys listens to me

and I think it's closer to 194 years--not to quibble

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Why is 1969-1970 the break year for you? 

not really, Nixon and his racist bombings of the brown man still went on

and there's still bad laws on the books.  just says always, and don't break out the years.  let them come back with a number, and you can arrive somewhere in the middle

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

One thing in regards to slavery in America that doesn’t get enough credit... people who fought and died to END slavery. 

51 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Anyone see the disconnect yet?

giphy.gif

Horse's very valid point is a tangent, depreciated by the pesentation...

as most will still interpret  'IT' as being 'overly inclusive'.

Just sayin'

😐

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Troll said:

giphy.gif

Just sayin'

😐

America’s racist history shouldn’t be depreciated because of my word choice of using “it” as opposed to “America”.  The country’s ugly racism runs deeper than to be so easily depreciated over the use of pronouns.   

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Troll said:

giphy.gif

Just sayin'

😐

the only disconnect I saw was your brain from your post

inscrutable like the White Whale, just w/o the metaphor, allegory, and beauty

are you on pain killers?

Just now, Horsefly said:

America’s racist history shouldn’t be depreciated because of my word choice of using “it” as opposed to “America”.  The country’s ugly racism runs deeper than to be so easily depreciated over the use of pronouns.   

Look again...it easily can.

There is blaming the asylum, and then there is blaming the inmates...

Nolebull was pointing out the difference...

Replying with "it",  only furthers the commingling and confusion, and does not really address the point, now does it?

As I said your point is very valid, but you can depreciate it, if it is not presented correctly. 

That's just the 'disconnect'.... it does not make what you say 'wrong'.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I think most people know history.  so, pls drop that non-issue.  what's your point?  where are you going with this?

then, we can have a real debate. 

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

Replying with "it",  only furthers the commingling and confusion, and does not really address the point, now does it?

As I said your point is very valid, but you can depreciate it, if it is not presented correctly. 

don't reply; it just encourages him, and then he doubles down with more mishmash.  my head hurts

pretend you missed it.  he's disconnected, and he pretty much admitted where he's housed

• Thanks 1

Just now, Troll said:

overturning the open practice of slavery did nothing in preventing the shackling of blacks under the rules of Jim Crow, black codes and peonage (another 100 years).  We went from the frying pan to the kettle.  Slavery under a different name.  That’s my point 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

For starters I was responding to troll.

And what do you want me to drop and what debate do you want to have?  

drop the we-forgot-our-history stuff.  assume that we haven't forgotten because we read and listened in school like you did.  where are you going, what's the point?  is it a prelude?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

overturning the open practice of slavery did nothing in preventing the shackling of blacks under the rules of Jim Crow, black codes and peonage (another 100 years).  We went from the frying pan to the kettle.  Slavery under a different name.  That’s my point 

all good points...

still does not address whether you are blaming the inmates or the asylum...

or Nolebull's Point

There are good points here on both sides,  That they get commingled so as to be misunderstood...

was my simple point...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troll said:

all good points...

still does not address whether you are blaming the inmates or the asylum...

or Nolebull's Point

There are good points here on both sides,  That they get commingled so as to be misunderstood...

was my simply point...

He said America is not the scum shit country leftist want you to believe and used whites dying to fight against slavery as evidence.  However, in spite of their efforts, America still found a way to oppress blacks for another 100 years!  There were people in place that made it their mission that regardless of “freedoms” blacks didn’t hold equality to whites.

the good deeds of those whites that died for emancipation don’t exonerate those that helped usher us into America’s 100 year apartheid  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1