Best college football team from 2000-2010

FootballGuy

It's Saturday.....so I figured I'd watch some classic college football games from the 2000s.

Think about the 2001 Miami Hurricanes, 2004 USC Trojans, 2005 Texas Longhorns, 2006 Florida Gators, and the 2009 Alabama Crimson Tide. Oh, and the 2004 Auburn Tigers. All these teams won the natty except for Auburn, and if you know your college football, you'll remember that Auburn was screwed out of the national championship in 2004. 

Out of these teams, which one do y'all think was the best? 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

After watching the highlights, I agree with you. They were stacked in 08

Yeah man basically NFL deep at basically every position.    To add to the list below...

Janoris Jenkins  Pro bowl CB Giants (maybe the best Cb of the bunch)

Cam Newton  Pro bowl QB Panthers (backup)

Chris Rainey RB Steelers

David Nelson  WR Bills

Deonte Thompson WR Ravens

Will Hill S Giants

Cornelius Ingram TE  Eagles (injured early season)

Jeff Demps RB who passed up on the NFL to run track

Brandon James KR PR.  (He was the best return man we've had and ahead of future NFL kick returners like Harvin and Rainey)  

08 gators.jpeg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Almost all of the teams on your list were stacked though.  None were unbeatable IMO.  

Now if I had to pick one of those teams, I'd go with that 2001 Miami squad. Now them boys were something else!!!

I loved watching vince young and reggie bush play. cadillac williams and ronnie brown (auburn) is arguably the greatest running back duo in college football tho.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Now if I had to pick one of those teams, I'd go with that 2001 Miami squad. Now them boys were something else!!!

I loved watching vince young and reggie bush play. cadillac williams and ronnie brown (auburn) is arguably the greatest running back duo in college football tho.

Can't go wrong with any of them really.   

Really like that 01' Canes team. The one spot they were not great at IMO was QB. Dorsey was a good game manager, but had a below average arm. More of a support, "don't fuck it up" guy, but 2 minute drill with the game on the line, not my first pick to win it.

40 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Really like that 01' Canes team. The one spot they were not great at IMO was QB. Dorsey was a good game manager, but had a below average arm. More of a support, "don't fuck it up" guy, but 2 minute drill with the game on the line, not my first pick to win it.

And since we're talkin about quarterbacks, here is where I'd take the 05 Texas Longhorns.....mainly because of Vince Young. Great player and shoulda won the heisman, but unfortunately a guy named Reggie Bush existed at the time lol

22 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

And since we're talkin about quarterbacks, here is where I'd take the 05 Texas Longhorns.....mainly because of Vince Young. Great player and shoulda won the heisman, but unfortunately a guy named Reggie Bush existed at the time lol

Yes VY gave Texas that championship pedigree. Hard to argue that he was a stud. But Bush, dude was Techmo Bowl player in college. As a UCLA fan gotta admit I was rooting hard for VY and the Horns.

Reggie Bush played against 8 opponents who finished 90th or worse in total defense that season. Including 3 teams who finished in the 120's. out of 125 teams!!! 

So of course he looked great. He literally played against the worst defense teams in college history. He padded stats against the worst of the worst. 

Plus he had the best throwing QB in college that year, best offensive line, and countless of other future NFL players on the roster. 

Its like banging a bunch of nasty ugly chicks and saying your some big time Mack daddy!! ?

7 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Yes VY gave Texas that championship pedigree. Hard to argue that he was a stud. But Bush, dude was Techmo Bowl player in college. As a UCLA fan gotta admit I was rooting hard for VY and the Horns.

And that championship game (USC vs Texas), in my opinion, was the best one I've ever seen still to this day.

But it was crazy how good Reggie was. It seemed like he scored every time he touched the ball.

On a side note, I would have loved to been playin for USC at the time.....because of all those "benefits" they received at the time lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Reggie Bush played against 8 opponents who finished 90th or worse in total defense that season. Including 3 teams who finished in the 120's. out of 125 teams!!! 

So of course he looked great. He literally played against the worst defense teams in college history. He padded stats against the worst of the worst. 

Plus he had the best throwing QB in college that year, best offensive line, and countless of other future NFL players on the roster. 

Its like banging a bunch of nasty ugly chicks and saying your some big time Mack daddy!! ?

Key word is "finished"

Of course those 8 teams are gonna look shitty on defense after he and USC got done playing them. USC was an offensive juggernaut at the time.

Key word is "finished"

Of course those 8 teams are gonna look shitty on defense after he and USC got done playing them. USC was an offensive juggernaut at the time.

That's only 1 game out of 13/14. If they were good defenses overall the other games they played would have averaged it out. 

He won the Heisman by having  500 all purpose yards against Fresno State