Duncanville, TX Getting a Pretty Good RB from Louisiana...

RedZone

RB Keyon Pugh transferred to Duncanville from Oakdale, La......not many know who this kid is, but they will soon. Louisiana does RBs!

5-11 190 lbs 4.4

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CRJW6

Don't have any details of the transfer......other than what was reported on the Bayou forum.. Pugh's twitter also indicates he did transfer to Duncanville.

"Keyon Pugh has left the state and enrolled at Duncanville high school in Texas. He rushed for over 2000 yards last season and led the area in rushing in playing only 10 games. He started his career and started as a DB in Kinder as a freshman and transferred his Junior year to Oakdale. Big loss for Oakdale but huge gain for Duncanville. I wish him the best. Great kid."

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Looking at Duncanville's offers (247sports) in the 2021, 2022 and 2023 classes they currently do NOT have a RB listed.

RB Keyon Pugh could possibly be a plug and play transfer and will obviously get a ton more exposure at a Duncanville than he ever could at Oakdale.....a win/win for both maybe.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

RB Keyon Pugh transferred to Duncanville from Oakdale, La......not many know who this kid is, but they will soon. Louisiana does RBs!

5-11 190 lbs 4.4

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CRJW6

Don't have any details of the transfer......other than what was reported on the Bayou forum.. Pugh's twitter also indicates he did transfer to Duncanville.

"Keyon Pugh has left the state and enrolled at Duncanville high school in Texas. He rushed for over 2000 yards last season and led the area in rushing in playing only 10 games. He started his career and started as a DB in Kinder as a freshman and transferred his Junior year to Oakdale. Big loss for Oakdale but huge gain for Duncanville. I wish him the best. Great kid."

Looks much smaller than 5'9, played against low level comp as I noticed there wasn't a DL that weighed more than 200lbs. Kid looks very fast. I would've liked to see him catch out of the backfield as I can see him being dangerous in space for Duncanville.  I struggle seeing him as a every down back on that level of competition. Think he'd do damage from slot, KR, PR.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It will all be based on how well DV’s OL does 

He's definitely going to be stepping up in competition the first day he puts the pads on at Duncanville. Not sure if that was his/parents plan or what.....don't know anything at all about the situation. BUT, he's there and he's started running track for Duncanville too. I don't think he's a big track guy though.

That said I don't think the Duncanville fans are going to be saying who is the slow guy at RB this year if he sees the field......I'm going to follow the story a little.

Keyon Pugh holding helmet.

bandicam 2020-02-16 07-30-13-202.jpg

7 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Looks much smaller than 5'9, played against low level comp as I noticed there wasn't a DL that weighed more than 200lbs. Kid looks very fast. I would've liked to see him catch out of the backfield as I can see him being dangerous in space for Duncanville.  I struggle seeing him as a every down back on that level of competition. Think he'd do damage from slot, KR, PR.

Never underestimate the small school Louisiana RBs.........

Clemson loves their's.....

.Maxpreps has him at 5-11 185 lbs. He probably isn't that, I don't know. 

Duncanville graduated their Top 2 RBs this year......the Bayou kid should be as good as those guys.

Trysten Smith, Duncanville, RB, Central Arkansas (5-9 203 lbs)

https://247sports.com/Player/Trysten-Smith-46079320/

Camaron Gray, Duncanville, RB, Mary Hardin-Baylor (5-6 165 lbs)

Word on the Texas 6A forum is Duncanville will be pretty great on defense, but replacing much of their offense.......simple scouting report.

44 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Never underestimate the small school Louisiana RBs.........

Clemson loves their's.....

.Maxpreps has him at 5-11 185 lbs. He probably isn't that, I don't know. 

RB size can be over valued many times.  If the dude is fast with some wiggle he can play for just about anyone.  Being tough with speed and wiggle helps also.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

I’m not too concerned with his size, DV will beef him up some.  I could see him around 190-195 by season. 

• Like 1

RB Dillan Monette from 5A Acadiana (5A Champ here) is a little guy.  

Listed at 5-5 140 lbs. He's actually  a little bigger than that. 

He clocked a 4.38 forty and is tough as nails.  Headed to Army. 

https://247sports.com/player/dillan-monette-46040858/

Acadians's other RB is also headed to Army,  but he's a big RB. 

Size is in the heart. 

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

RB Dillan Monette from 5A Acadiana (5A Champ here) is a little guy.  

Listed at 5-5 140 lbs. He's actually  a little bigger than that. 

He clocked a 4.38 forty and is tough as nails.  Headed to Army. 

https://247sports.com/player/dillan-monette-46040858/

Acadians's other RB is also headed to Army,  but he's a big RB. 

Size is in the heart. 

RB Dillan Monette is one of those little RB's that can bench twice his weight. You know the type if you follow football. 

7833002_5e68853806f54335bf36f0dd6d125bbe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 7:45 AM, RedZone said:

BUT, he's there and he's started running track for Duncanville too. I don't think he's a big track guy though.

Keyon Pugh holding helmet.

bandicam 2020-02-16 07-30-13-202.jpg

Duncanville's 2 transfer RBs Hicks (Cedar Hill) and Pugh (Louisiana) early 100 times. 

Those times are from all of Duncanville's track team who have run the 100 meters in meets so far.

Hicks and Pugh pretty even and both should be 10.8 to 10.9 guys if not faster later in the year.

Mens

100 Meters
1. 10   Pierre Goree 10.82PR Feb 22 DeSoto Nike Invitational
2. 12   Ryan Starr 11.04PR Feb 22 DeSoto Nike Invitational
3. 12   Ennis Rakestraw 11.06PR Feb 15 Duncanville Bob Alpert Invitational
4. 10   Chris Hicks 11.25PR Feb 15 Duncanville Bob Alpert Invitational
5. 11   Keyon Pugh 11.45PR Feb 22 DeSoto Nike Invitational
6. 12   Micah Keeton 11.57PR Feb 15 Duncanville Bob Alpert Invitational
7. 11 * Elijah Keeton 11.61 Feb 27 Kennedale Gary Dugger Invitational
  10   Damyrion Coleman 11.61PR Feb 22 DeSoto Nike Invitational
9. 9 * Clifford Foster 11.96PR Feb 27 Kennedale Gary Dugger Invitational
10. 9 * Lontrell Turner 12.01PR Feb 27 Kennedale Gary Dugger Invitational