2020 Out Of State games so far

Ga96

26 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Too had they couldnt get that game in Houston. They would be perfect against Shadow Creek. Maybe they can play them next year and have another top OOS team play North Shore 

Not next year, I wanted to see this NS/SC match up since last season.  The schools are fairly close so it could end up being a decent rivalry 

2 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

I don't know... but this North Shore RB (Xavier Owens) looks like a beast!   Fast, quick, great balance and vision.

Yes he is good, they have a underclassman, Rashaad Johnson that will be a solid backup to to Owens as well.  They’ll be talented at RB. 

I think it could be a rivalry like NS and Manvel use to be.  This SC team returns a lot in the skill positions.   They’re a very talented team as well if they can just fill in in the trenches. 

6 hours ago, Reb72 said:

West Monroe will again play Ridgeway (TN) and Longview (TX)...  if they end up playing Edgewater (FL) in the BOB that could be 3

Ridgeway isn’t exactly a Memphis powerhouse. That will be a breather for W. Monroe. If they were gonna play a Memphis team they should’ve played Whitehaven or MUS or, at least, Christian Bros. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Ridgeway isn’t exactly a Memphis powerhouse. That will be a breather for W. Monroe. If they were gonna play a Memphis team they should’ve played Whitehaven or MUS or, at least, Christian Bros. 

I was in Memphis in 2010 one Friday and I watched Ridgeway play Whitehaven and the teams were so small I thought it was a JV game. I wasn’t trying to be funny or anything. I honestly thought I went to the JV game but people swore it was a varsity game. It didn’t help that neither team could do anything. Game finished 7-0 Ridgeway 

3 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

agreed, I think Ridgeway likes to schedule some decent competition to get them ready for district/playoffs and WM is always willing to pay teams that agree to travel both years in a series...  Ridgeway has played Pulaski Little Rock and Olive Branch (MS) before I know

32 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

agreed, I think Ridgeway likes to schedule some decent competition to get them ready for district/playoffs and WM is always willing to pay teams that agree to travel both years in a series...  Ridgeway has played Pulaski Little Rock and Olive Branch (MS) before I know

Yeah they went to Texas a few years back and played Skyline. Coach must like traveling 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I was in Memphis in 2010 one Friday and I watched Ridgeway play Whitehaven and the teams were so small I thought it was a JV game. I wasn’t trying to be funny or anything. I honestly thought I went to the JV game but people swore it was a varsity game. It didn’t help that neither team could do anything. Game finished 7-0 Ridgeway 

If you find yourself at a Ridgeway vs. Whitehaven high school football game then you should really reevaluate your life choices.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Guru said:

If you find yourself at a Ridgeway vs. Whitehaven high school football game then you should really reevaluate your life choices.

Haha. I was heading to Little Rock the next day and since it was Friday night I wanted to catch a Memphis HSFB game. 

i know, I know, if I find myself in Little Rock I need to re-evaluate my life choices. I did. Haven’t been back since 😆

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

They are an Edison High (Miami) and those type schools....

Ridgeway played Dallas Skyline in 2011 as well...got worked in that game. Skyline was Top 25 that year and #4 in TX.

"To Be The Best You Have To Play The Best"

#anywhereanytime

Edison is on the rise, got a new turf field and fieldhouse and are already attracting several transfers into the program

Luther Campbell got that program on the rise 

9 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Yes, props to Ridgeway for scheduling the way they do. They’ll take on a powerhouse for the money. Whitehaven and MUS have been the most successful teams out of Memphis, but, let’s face it, Memphis is WAY better at basketball. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 3:19 AM, Omaha Vol said:

Richmond hosting Jones in Rockingham should be interesting. IMG should beat DF by 10+. Mallard Creek will depend on who they play.  

Dutch Fork lost a lot!!!  Then again IMG may still be getting acquainted with one another the first few weeks of the season.

• Haha 1

On 2/25/2020 at 7:57 AM, Reb72 said:

They also played Dallas Skyline several years back and got beat pretty easy.