Talk around town Rush Propst asking for

Ga96

14 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

180k a year plus a new truck tie coach the wildcats. 

Yeah. Pay the man. 

150+ young men signed letters of intent during his 10 year tenure in Norman Park. I'd say you can scratch the first year and call it 9 years. More than 15 per year on average. 

Won a lot of football games. Went from being a laughing stock as a program to being a nationally relevant program. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I just texted RP a pic of the above post. His reply was “That’s insane.” #fakenews 

Hes been denying and avoiding answers about him and the cats since people said they seen him at the cats vs packers game. Besides I said it was the talk around town. You trust prospt as much as his ex wife did while he was cheating. 😂

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

For sure the few years before Rush got hired. One could argue further back than 5, but, at least that many. 

Okay I'll give you that one when Rab's favorite coach was there in Cokely but before that wasn't Jim Hughes your coach for about 20 seasons and he had a few teams that held national rankiings along w/ Richard "The Guard" Jones 94' team that won a state title.  Not sure if I'd even go as far as laughing stock, maybe a down season or two but that's a rough tag with so  many good sesaons surrounding Cokely's tenure.  Idk, you're from that school and I was looking at CC from a Warner Robins point of view.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Okay I'll give you that one when Rab's favorite coach was there in Cokely but before that wasn't Jim Hughes your coach for about 20 seasons and he had a few teams that held national rankiings along w/ Richard "The Guard" Jones 94' team that won a state title.  Not sure if I'd even go as far as laughing stock, maybe a down season or two but that's a rough tag with so  many good sesaons surrounding Cokely's tenure.  Idk, you're from that school and I was looking at CC from a Warner Robins point of view.

There was quite a few dark years after Coach Hughes to be honest. More than 5. I just say that we were a laughing stock for the last 5 or so. The last couple of coaches anyway. Singletary and Cokely both. If I'm being totally honest, we were getting left behind during Hughes last few seasons as well. Between Cokely and Singletary was close to a decade. Add in Hughes last couple of years and yeah. 10 years probably. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Lord Jim retired at the end of the 1999 season.  Colquitt had a problem.  They could promote their DC or their OC and have a pretty good nucleus.  A lot of us thought the OC would have made a better HC...but when all was said and done...the DC was promoted with Lord Jim's blessing.  And frankly...nobody raised any flack about it cause Mike was a SOLID guy.  

The OC stepped down when he didn't get chosen and Mike made the decision to change the offense...BIG TIME.  He went to the Wing T.  Probably because McEachern had beaten him so bad with it in the 1998 semis.  But it was a disaster for FIVE years.  Mike got five years because he was a TRUE Packer who had given a large part of his life to the Packer program.  He never won a single playoff game.  Going from Lord Jim's performance to his...well...he flamed out.

Then came the con artist.

Three more years of something that only could be described as "football chaos".  A lot of longtime Packers tried desperately to give Commander Cokely the benefit of the doubt.  It was a LOST cause.  Here is where Hawg is getting his "laughing stock" from.  It's not even an exaggeration.  When Rush took the remnants of the program over in 2008...most people don't know just how bad it was.  What Rush did was more than a miracle.  The man is a force of nature whose talent and ego are equally sized.  Wherever he lands...the man can coach.   His antics can be debatable...his decisions can be debatable...but his damn coaching record is simply amazing.

Rufus>>

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Lord Jim retired at the end of the 1999 season.  Colquitt had a problem.  They could promote their DC or their OC and have a pretty good nucleus.  A lot of us thought the OC would have made a better HC...but when all was said and done...the DC was promoted with Lord Jim's blessing.  And frankly...nobody raised any flack about it cause Mike was a SOLID guy.  

The OC stepped down when he didn't get chosen and Mike made the decision to change the offense...BIG TIME.  He went to the Wing T.  Probably because McEachern had beaten him so bad with it in the 1998 semis.  But it was a disaster for FIVE years.  Mike got five years because he was a TRUE Packer who had given a large part of his life to the Packer program.  He never won a single playoff game.  Going from Lord Jim's performance to his...well...he flamed out.

Then came the con artist.

Three more years of something that only could be described as "football chaos".  A lot of longtime Packers tried desperately to give Commander Cokely the benefit of the doubt.  It was a LOST cause.  Here is where Hawg is getting his "laughing stock" from.  It's not even an exaggeration.  When Rush took the remnants of the program over in 2008...most people don't know just how bad it was.  What Rush did was more than a miracle.  The man is a force of nature whose talent and ego are equally sized.  Wherever he lands...the man can coach.   His antics can be debatable...his decisions can be debatable...but his damn coaching record is simply amazing.

Rufus>>

Idk if Funderburke would have been good as a head coach or not. Maybe. He probably deserved a shot. 

He and I shared the same first football coach although, I think Darrell was a couple of years ahead of me. Ricky Reynolds started a fire in a lot of young men that still burns today as they are now getting gray in their own beards. Ricky and his brother Dale both. Great men imo. 

Pretty sure we shared Roy "Birdog" Saturday as a coach as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk if Funderburke would have been good as a head coach or not. Maybe. He probably deserved a shot. 

He and I shared the same first football coach although, I think Darrell was a couple of years ahead of me. Ricky Reynolds started a fire in a lot of young men that still burns today as they are now getting gray in their own beards. Ricky and his brother Dale both. Great men imo. 

I believe the thought process by several of us was that Darrell was a better organizer and planner.  He could have probably saved the offense and promoted Jimmy Francis to run the defense...but...that was not the direction we took.

Not being able to score points with the Wing T ultimately killed us for five years.  

Not knowing what the hell was going on...doomed us for the next three.

People around our region have NO clue what Roy Saturday meant to the Packer program.  There was a coach who could "sniff out" talent and prepare it for the next level.  Simply put...invaluable.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. Pay the man. 

150+ young men signed letters of intent during his 10 year tenure in Norman Park. I'd say you can scratch the first year and call it 9 years. More than 15 per year on average. 

Won a lot of football games. Went from being a laughing stock as a program to being a nationally relevant program. 

But is he allowed to coach in ga?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You just couldn't let him catch you calling him BIRDDOG. Many a kid did tons of pushups for calling him that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

But is he allowed to coach in ga?

Idk. Lol. I've heard it said that his certs are actually active and current until 2023. 

Whether or not they're still prone to being suspended due to the ethics complaints against him, or, whether that's all under the bridge and he's good to go... I just don't know. 

I've heard it said both ways. They were suspended, but, due to process and legal fight, the suspension never officially went into effect is one thing being said. The other is that the appeal to the state got him cleared up.  Without him saying, I'm not sure which is true. 

• Thanks 2