Ga does not pass Bill to limit recruiting

HooverOutlaw

39 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Metro Atl calls the shots.

It was a facade anyway. That rule was worded in a manner that pretty much left a huge enough loophole that kids could still play back to back seasons in two different schools regardless of the reason for their transfer or what their old school wrote on the forms.  All they had to do was transfer at the right time of the year and they could miss no games at all. 

As a side note, they should open a vote for open transfers if they aren't going to limit them or handle them appropriately and evenly across the board for all schools. 

54 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It was a facade anyway. That rule was worded in a manner that pretty much left a huge enough loophole that kids could still play back to back seasons in two different schools regardless of the reason for their transfer or what their old school wrote on the forms.  All they had to do was transfer at the right time of the year and they could miss no games at all. 

As a side note, they should open a vote for open transfers if they aren't going to limit them or handle them appropriately and evenly across the board for all schools. 

Let me ask you this: Do you think GHSA would've cracked down even harder on transfers if Jamyest Williams, DeAngelo Gibbs, Tony Gray, Breon Dixon and others transferred to Colquitt? 

The main thing I'm taking from this whole situation is that GHSA doesn't want there to be a "imbalance of power" pertaining to high school football, and the only reason I feel they even started this whole ordeal is to appease to complaining coaches. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Let me ask you this: Do you think GHSA would've cracked down even harder on transfers if Jamyest Williams, DeAngelo Gibbs, Tony Gray, Breon Dixon and others transferred to Colquitt? 

The main thing I'm taking from this whole situation is that GHSA doesn't want there to be a "imbalance of power" pertaining to high school football, and the only reason I feel they even started this whole ordeal is to appease to complaining coaches. 

If those guys transferred to Colquitt, Colquitt would be sanctioned until the end of the world!