“CoronaVirus is overblown press-created hysteria”

NorCalRuss

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing more ignorant than arguing against Racism by showing more Racism.  Only a dumb racist would think he's making a point.   Thanks for proving my point about America having a lot of racist in authority.  🤣  Louisiana only exist to make sure Missicreappi remains the most poor and ass backwards State in America. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Thanks for proving my point about America having a lot of racist in authority. 

Well, have some more "point" then since that's your only function here.

A Texas city commissioner who used a racial slur to describe two African-American prosecutors resigned on Friday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/texas-official-resigns-after-referring-black-prosecutors-n-word-n808541

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

She was a "medically high-risk patient in her late 50s", per dictator trump.

We are lucky there's only one of those in the state of Washington and America. 

Trump isn't exactly the most trusted news brand. I know that may be a surprise to the folks on the back pages of prepgridiron.com because their lives clearly revolve around everything he says and does. 

Screenshot_20200226-205710_Flipboard.jpg.311c591c79929f58fa229b714d833226.jpg

xD

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Well, have some more "point" then since that's your only function here.

A Texas city commissioner who used a racial slur to describe two African-American prosecutors resigned on Friday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/texas-official-resigns-after-referring-black-prosecutors-n-word-n808541

Fucking Racist go blow a dude with coronavirus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2020 at 4:10 PM, NorCalRuss said:

“There are people walking around with it that don’t even know they have it It’s so mild. So it’s going to be much more widespread than we knew. It's going to be much milder than we knew. The 1.7% fatality rate is going to fall,” he said. As for the media’s coverage, he also doubled down on his opinion. “Where was the press during the Mediterranean corona outbreak, where the fatality was 41%? If they wanted to get crazed about something, why didn’t they get crazed about NERS or SARS?" he asked. "This is an overblown press-created hysteria.””

You crazy rats already started to blame Trump for this, cost this country and the world trillions of dollars of this. Cost yourself thousands of dollars....

I was reading the Europe press today and it made me think of this post, this thread.

Russ, without flaming, this post, thread is INSANELY ridiculous.

Honest, you just can't walk through life believing whatever it is that serves your bias. 

You are no good to yourself nor family nor fellow American like this. 

I don't like TRump, teh man is slime. I do not then abandon reason and echo a cults dogma.

Dude, honest, you need to be better.

Peace out. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Trump isn't exactly the most trusted news brand. I know that may be a surprise to the folks on the back pages of prepgridiron.com because their lives clearly revolve around everything he says and does. 

Screenshot_20200226-205710_Flipboard.jpg.311c591c79929f58fa229b714d833226.jpg

xD

look at the trust factor for Fox News. 

Fuclkin scary that Americans are as malleable as the Germans pre WW2

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

this is not a big deal, we know we would start to have fatalities... many fatalities likely.

Personally I'd like to see TRump be more aggressive about this. 

Why are we waiting to ban large gathering? 

Like NBA games, March Madness, NHL games - because someone thinks - without evidence - this might be beneficial?  When you can get it going to the grocery store?

22 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The point is limiting the spread is likely impossible.  Some will get it, some won’t.  And the mortality is quite low.  We do not go nuts over a flu epidemic.  While there is a vaccine - it is nowhere near 100% effective.

We'll find out in the next two weeks how well it can be limited.  Evergreen, where the Washington patient died, is about to quarantine at least 40 employees for the next 14 days, about 9 are providers.  Overlake, about 10 miles south of Evergreen, is putting about 10 employees on self watch ("stay home for the next two weeks and let us know if you develop symptoms") with one provider going on 14 day in house quarantine.  He tended to the patient over at Evergreen.

The California hospitals are doing the same and it looks like UC Davis is doing it on a bigger scale.

Oh, and there is no vaccine for this strand.  This will be an interesting week.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rippers said:

We'll find out in the next two weeks how well it can be limited.  Evergreen, where the Washington patient died, is about to quarantine at least 40 employees for the next 14 days, about 9 are providers.  Overlake, about 10 miles south of Evergreen, is putting about 10 employees on self watch ("stay home for the next two weeks and let us know if you develop symptoms") with one provider going on 14 day in house quarantine.  He tended to the patient over at Evergreen.

Oh, and there is no vaccine for this strand.

One thing that the WHO is onto, and I think I'm more inclined to trust them than our folks at the current time due to ridiculousness from the administration, is, the death rate for the Iran outbreak is out of line with all the other listed countries. 

The WHO thinks Iran may be just under reporting the actual number of infected because the death rate percentages in other places are around 2% while the percentage in Iran appears to be at 7%. 

Certainly bares watching to see if the numbers change for Iran or if this is a strain that mutated to be worse on the host. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-29/iranian-coronavirus-cases-jump-as-more-officials-infected

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rippers said:

The California hospitals are doing the same and it looks like UC Davis is doing it on a bigger scale.

Oh, and there is no vaccine for this strand.  This will be an interesting week.

People without symptoms can transmit it. The incubation is long.  It appears to be readily transmissible.  Cases found today could already have spread to hundreds.  Who are spreading it now.  Quarantine of contacts seems reasonable, but is almost certainly futile.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

One thing that the WHO is onto, and I think I'm more inclined to trust them than our folks at the current time due to ridiculousness from the administration, is, the death rate for the Iran outbreak is out of line with all the other listed countries. 

The WHO thinks Iran may be just under reporting the actual number of infected because the percentages in other places are around 2% while the percentage in Iran appears to be at 7%. 

Certainly bares watching to see if the numbers change for Iran or if this is a strain that mutated to be worse on the host. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-29/iranian-coronavirus-cases-jump-as-more-officials-infected

So when there are no available providers, the hospitals can close shop.

Edit: this was for @Rippers

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The WHO thinks Iran may be just under reporting the actual number of infected because the percentages in other places are around 2% while the percentage in Iran appears to be at 7%. 

Obviously if the mortality rate is higher and it starts killing young adults, the problem is much worse.  Then it is the 1918 flu.  Mortality rates can be exaggerated if you are not counting mild cases in the denominator.

3 hours ago, Bormio said:

People without symptoms can transmit it. The incubation is long.  It appears to be readily transmissible.  Cases found today could already have spread to hundreds.  Who are spreading it now.  Quarantine of contacts seems reasonable, but is almost certainly futile.

I agree.  If (well, probably when) it explodes in Washington State, the epicenter won't be Evergreen.  It will most likely be the Life Care Center in Kirkland where the female patient, who is in satisfactory condition as of now,  came from.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

These days, considering we're talking about Washington state, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's a woman who THOUGHT she was a man...or vice versa.

Uh, its pretty liberal up here but it is still not California.   I do see your point though.