“CoronaVirus is overblown press-created hysteria”

NorCalRuss

9 hours ago, Bormio said:

It may slow the spread a little, and that might help mitigate the overloading of our healthcare system - but the in the end, I do not think it will prevent the spread of the disease much at all, if any.

I think it worth it to slow the spread, as you point out, giving  healthcare less "spikes" to deal with. 

• Like 1

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, The Guru said:

They're advocating doing nothing if it hurts Trump.

That's one of the most unattractive things about conservatism. They're nihilists about everything that doesn't either benefit conservatism or their bottom line.

the flock really does not know they are sheep

read the posts here

if they want to believe something, they make themselves believe it. Period. Even if it;'s stamped "lie."

What do you have against nihilists? I like to think of myself as one. 😖

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

The guy who processes unemployment claims for a living is trying to argue pathology with an actual doctor.

The guy who went to online college is taking turns with the dumb angry redneck dangling from his sack, and I'm here for it. 

Pretty good end to the weekend lol.

Imagine the fun that could be had chilling with 66, los, nooner, Cajun in a pub...4 brothers...  ladies would be gravitating to the group I’m sure... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

read the posts here

if they want to believe something, they make themselves believe it. Period. Even if it;'s stamped "lie."

Speaking of sheep....Pot. Meet kettle. Like all of the common, low-information types, your rhetoric is consistent with the easily-influenced, group think that is the collective mentality of the soft-ass general public. There are people spending 5K for fucking masks! 5K!  ...and there's literally one person (who already had a myriad of health issues) that's died in the US from this thing. ONE! 70 cases total with all of them simply being monitored. It's like you guys WANT this to be something that it's...for at least at the moment...it's not. This administration and the CDC are on it. EVERYTHING (and then some) is being done that can be done. Stop being the town doomsday crier that perpetuates the hysteria already. Jeez. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

So true, true, true and rhetorical question.

You just don't like the indirect blowback that may come and so you criticize the media for reporting news.

That seems like a you problem.

Here's the reality. One is an actual doctor. While the other is a fucking dumbass lunatic...... And we know that it isn't you with the MD after your name. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

read the posts here

Next time your vagina bleeds, call it a DJThurtmyvagina pandemic so you liberal clowns all over the world can go get checked out. Lose trillions more from the economy, hide in your pink bunkers until we find out weeks later that its nothing new and you always been bleeding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Here's the reality. One is an actual doctor. While the other is a fucking dumbass lunatic...... And we know that it isn't you with the MD after your name. Hope this helps. 

Li Wenliang was a doctor too.  How's he doing now?

You are as dumb as a stump!

It's painful watching you be the forum billy goat.

4 hours ago, Blueliner said:

This administration and the CDC are on it. EVERYTHING (and then some) is being done that can be done. Stop being the town doomsday crier that perpetuates the hysteria already. Jeez. 

Well all of this fun aside, I am about to find out firsthand how serious this will become.  I work at Overlake.  We have the one confirmed case and several suspected ones that we're waiting on the test results.  I have staff that work in the ER; yesterday, one of them was told to stay home for the next two weeks for self monitoring.  My staff member used proper PPE and washed their hands after their encounter with the patient(who presented at the ER already wearing a mask) that tested positive, however because they shared a pen and a clipboard that they could not account for, they were sent home.   I have heard the phrase "out of an abundance of caution" about a million times over the last day and a half.  If I have acted like I am in the know a little bit over the past few days, now you know why.  And if I suddenly disappear during the week, you will also know why.....but I am not worried.  Concerned, but its nothing that is going to keep me up at night.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Imagine if these sick fucks cared as much about the babies they kill every day?

Coronavirus deaths in America since Friday.... One

Abortions in America since Friday over 63k.

Fuck you and your concern for human life.

First move of every dipshit is to change the subject.

Enter dipshit.

4 hours ago, BigDrop said:

A lot of you find humor in people suffering and dying.  This isn’t funny-it’s sick.  

In 2009, H1N1 had already been declared a pandemic, infected 1 million Americans and killed 1000 for many months before President Obama took action.

The #Media was silent.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Speaking of sheep....Pot. Meet kettle. Like all of the common, low-information types, your rhetoric is consistent with the easily-influenced, group think that is the collective mentality of the soft-ass general public. There are people spending 5K for fucking masks! 5K!  ...and there's literally one person (who already had a myriad of health issues) that's died in the US from this thing. ONE! 70 cases total with all of them simply being monitored. It's like you guys WANT this to be something that it's...for at least at the moment...it's not. This administration and the CDC are on it. EVERYTHING (and then some) is being done that can be done. Stop being the town doomsday crier that perpetuates the hysteria already. Jeez. 

Yeah, I am a herd animal like you. God Bless you.