Sign in to follow this  
noonereal

Pizza

When was the last time you ate pizza?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. When was the last time you ate pizza?

• Today
    • Yesterday
    • This past week
    • Two weeks ago
    • almost a month since
    • 2 months ago
    • 3-6 months ago
    • 6 months - 1 years ago
    • I never eat it

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Can’t say I blame you, my head was on a swivel the whole time with the co-eds. Can’t remember the Gold and Black painted dive downtown for Breakfast but the menu had a dish named after a Texas QB. Always good there.

One co-Ed in particular, in activewear tights image is burned into my skull. 

BGW

LOL...wound up dating a professor's daughter there...

Yea, that distracted me just a little bit 🤷‍♂️

BTW: since they stopped the 'actual' nude olympics decades ago....you probably misinterpreted the reference...🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

LOL...wound up dating a professor's daughter there...

Yea, that distracted me just a little bit 🤷‍♂️

BTW: since they stopped the 'actual' nude olympics decades ago....you probably misinterpreted the reference...🤣

No, that went over my head. I had no reference to it. 

But, considering the culture there and reflecting on my collegiate experience I can see it happening. 

BGW

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

No, that went over my head. I had no reference to it. 

But, considering the culture there and reflecting on my collegiate experience I can see it happening. 

BGW

Born Boiler

Born Boiler Redshirt Freshman

Long ago, in the red-bricked land called Purdue, in the shadows of Ross-Ade Stadium and Mackey Arena, lurked the ancient courtyard of the classic grand dorm known as Cary Quad. There, on the first sub-zero night of the second semester, an annual unsanctioned gathering would snowball into “The Nude Olympics.”

Thousands would flock to Cary … Betty Co-eds and Jugheads alike, most of the latter drawn by a fetching catch-phrase that surely was first coined on Madison Avenue … “There’s supposed to be girls in it this year.”

And, despite all members of the fairer sex showing nothing but better sense, again, the event would begin with a bang -- a cap pistol or a fittingly unsanctioned firecracker -- and a mini-mob of madmen would be off and running, wearing shoes, hats and nothing else.

Lap after lap around Cary’s crowd-lined oval walkway would follow, counter-clockwise as well as counter-wise, followed by more and more laps, with various frosted participants dropping out for their dropped trou.

Finally, after 45 minutes or so, with an inspired half-dozen marathoners having far exceeded the best efforts of local cross-country teams of the times, the survivors would link arms and cross the finish line together, as if to show that all were winners, drawing cheers and beers from the huddled masses … and interviews by a local radio station, the only thing undercover, its call-letters temporarily changed to WHOO WHOO.

Yes, the founding fathers of the Big Ten also became the founding fathers of Streaking.

Oh, say, does that invisible banner yet wave, o’er the band of the free, and the race of the brave?

🤣 
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Fuck pizza! Eat calzones.

20200330_122953.thumb.jpg.83daff2a4bb5f1d2637d54442ad54f0c.jpg

Hate eating food like that from a to go box, but, it's a sign of the times. The marinara was a little lack luster but the crust was wonderful as was the filling. 

Now you're talking! That looks like what I get in Newcastle, Colorado, at a place called Hogback Pizza.  $10 includes three ingredients (I get sausage, artichoke hearts, black olives) and mozzarella, and ricotta cheese.

91039726_10156724169741637_4106379864762 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Now you're talking! That looks like what I get in Newcastle, Colorado, at a place called Hogback Pizza.  $10 includes three ingredients (I get sausage, artichoke hearts, black olives) and mozzarella, and ricotta cheese.

91039726_10156724169741637_4106379864762 

Sounds like you've been there more than once. Newcastle?  What gives?

Just now, maxchoboian said:

Sounds like you've been there more than once. Newcastle?  What gives?

Yes I have. My work took me there often, and also, whenever I returned home from a vacation in that direction, we'd stop there. And, now that I'm reminded of it, I'd be on my way, if it weren't for this virus situation. I live 80 miles away from it.

I guess that makes it a 160 mile trip to Newcastle for you. But if you do make it out that way, right now they are open 11-9 Monday thru Saturday. Closed Sunday. 

Hours or services may differ due to COVID-19 

19 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

I guess that makes it a 160 mile trip to Newcastle for you. But if you do make it out that way, right now they are open 11-9 Monday thru Saturday. Closed Sunday. 

Hours or services may differ due to COVID-19 

Maybe for the 2021 JC World Series, or sometime to Moab, I'll stop in Newcastle.

9 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Maybe for the 2021 JC World Series, or sometime to Moab, I'll stop in Newcastle.

Went to Moab 4 years ago with the Mrs...can't wait to go back. Awesome place! It's featured in a Subaru commercial now.

• Like 1

Yesterday.

Made a trip back down The Buzzery for a bottle of Pyment sweet mead and got a Grateful Goat white pizza with goat cheese, banana peppers, spinach, pineapple, mushrooms and red onions. 

20200508_123940.thumb.jpg.2e19f40ea10e28083a11ac046bba033a.jpg

20200508_123948.thumb.jpg.3d020076133d539693fa001c9e3e76cc.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yesterday.

Made a trip back down The Buzzery for a bottle of Pyment sweet mead and got a Grateful Goat white pizza with goat cheese, banana peppers, spinach, pineapple, mushrooms and red onions. 

heck yea, stuffed white pie...👍

A couple of those ingredients are wack, but the rest of it should carry the taste..

BTW...Here's a typical "small" calzone  from the other day

IMG_0476.thumb.JPG.deaf5662920578b77151dbc50b17179b.JPG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Troll said:

heck yea, stuffed white pie...👍

A couple of those ingredients are wack, but the rest of it should carry the taste..

BTW...Here's a typical "small" calzone  from the other day

IMG_0476.thumb.JPG.deaf5662920578b77151dbc50b17179b.JPG

I coulda done without the pineapple on that pie. They partnered up with a local goat farm called Gratefull Hill to source the cheese hence the name.

Surprisingly enough, the goat cheese was pretty good scattered on there. I just went with their signature pie ingredients for that pie. Told them to make it just like it was advertised.  

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I coulda done without the pineapple on that pie. They partnered up with a local goat farm called Gratefull Hill to source the cheese hence the name.

Surprisingly enough, the goat cheese was pretty good scattered on there. I just went with their signature pie ingredients for that pie. Told them to make it just like it was advertised.  

smart  move...I generally order what the cook produces best, not what I think he should do to it. 👍

and I agree, the cali style pineapple is what I might have dropped 👌.

Worked in a restaurant long ago that made the BEST white pies....and I think it was the fresh garlic'd  asparagus that  set it apart from most 🤷‍♂️.  Probably never would have tried that otherwise...   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’ll never forget @TheMaximumHornetSting asked the Jersey guys the best place to Get a ChiTown Deep Dish pizza in NJ

Deep Dish pshhhhhh

Fuhgeddaboudit

just a footnote...but when you need something 'filling'...

a sicilian slice does not count as 'deep dish'.....

just sayin'

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yesterday.

Meat on the side for dessert?

bgw

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm still waiting for my answer 

you won't find many....

Probably have to go to a chain joint like Uno....🤷‍♂️

Tastes like frozen prepackaged crap from a box...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

you won't find many....

Probably have to go to a chain joint like Uno....🤷‍♂️

Tastes like frozen prepackaged crap from a box...

I’ve got to get to NJ then if ya’ll folks think Uno is tasteless.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1