GardenStateBaller

SFA 2020 Schedule

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They‚Äôre the reason the bad debt write-off was created ūüėȬ†

Do you honestly have an honest bone in your body?  Credibility?  Rhetorical of course. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No matter what wreckage it leaves behind?  All the people and small businesses ripped off for thousands of dollars.  People who got sucked in to the scam and lost their jobs.  All for a get rich quick scheme?

The wheels of justice turn slowly.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Severino said:

No matter what wreckage it leaves behind?  All the people and small businesses ripped off for thousands of dollars.  People who got sucked in to the scam and lost their jobs.  All for a get rich quick scheme?

The wheels of justice turn slowly.

GSB's motto.. bumper sticker and tee shirt is in the mail

image.png.28eb8c61e113c97e9b8f94b54d82d928.png

Image result for i support scumbags

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Biff does a great job of taking in mostly kids who would have been highly recruited athletes anyway and making it all about himself, always has been. Not a lot of talent development going on, just taking kids who would have been great if they played at SFA or some random public school. I guess I just have more respect for the coaches who take what they're given and make something out of it. To me taking a kid who can't get out of his own way his freshman year and developing him to the point where he's playing college football at any level is real coaching, not taking credit for developing a middle school All-American you won a bidding war for who would have been great already.

The big problem with Biff is that when he was at Gilman at least some of his lesser instincts were suppressed because there were genuine quality people there in the administration and on the coaching staff, and I say that as someone whose family has gone to McDonogh for generations. He wouldn't have dared to talk trash on twitter or wear a wife beater on the sidelines at Gilman because the AD and Headmaster had the balls to tell him no. Biff really only had one blowup at Gilman and it's when he got ejected from a game at UMD where Gilman was getting destroyed by Manatee. He's got no oversight at SFA, they need his money too badly.

Just to hammer home my "buying the best players isn't the same as actually being a good coach" point, Biff has an atrociously bad record all-time against schools that are even close to him in talent. Against teams ranked higher than his team since 2009 his record is 1-15. He's 6-14 against teams ranked in the top 100 nationally in this same time period. 91-4 against teams ranked outside the top 100 though. With all the talent he has it makes me think the main problem is coaching.

• Thanks 4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

Biff does a great job of taking in mostly kids who would have been highly recruited athletes anyway and making it all about himself, always has been. Not a lot of talent development going on, just taking kids who would have been great if they played at SFA or some random public school. I guess I just have more respect for the coaches who take what they're given and make something out of it. To me taking a kid who can't get out of his own way his freshman year and developing him to the point where he's playing college football at any level is real coaching, not taking credit for developing a middle school All-American you won a bidding war for who would have been great already.

The big problem with Biff is that when he was at Gilman at least some of his lesser instincts were suppressed because there were genuine quality people there in the administration and on the coaching staff, and I say that as someone whose family has gone to McDonogh for generations. He wouldn't have dared to talk trash on twitter or wear a wife beater on the sidelines at Gilman because the AD and Headmaster had the balls to tell him no. Biff really only had one blowup at Gilman and it's when he got ejected from a game at UMD where Gilman was getting destroyed by Manatee. He's got no oversight at SFA, they need his money too badly.

Just to hammer home my "buying the best players isn't the same as actually being a good coach" point, Biff has an atrociously bad record all-time against schools that are even close to him in talent. Against teams ranked higher than his team since 2009 his record is 1-15. He's 6-14 against teams ranked in the top 100 nationally in this same time period. 91-4 against teams ranked outside the top 100 though. With all the talent he has it makes me think the main problem is coaching.

I agree that on balance Poggi is not a very good head coach.

But a simple refutation of your first point is that a kid who can't run straight as a freshman isn't likely to need college football as a vehicle to improve his life. At the very least, Poggi is giving talented kids a much better situation than they would've had normally. Those kids are much more likely to need college football to gain access to a good college education and/or a shot at an NFL career.

9 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

Here is the story from Manatee's 44-14 win in Maryland over Gilman where Biff got ejected.

• Thanks 2

On 3/26/2020 at 2:08 AM, eaglesinsider said:

I’d say the 35-7 dismantling of IMG last season wipes out your whole hypothesis above. 

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’d say the 35-7 dismantling of IMG last season wipes out your whole hypothesis above. 

New here and saw this.  Who was higher ranked?  SFA or IMG?  Probably the only time a Poggi-coached team beat a higher ranked team was DBP @ Navy-Marine Corps stadium.  Eagleinsider mentioned that he was 6-14 against top 100 teams.  IMG is one of the six wins.  Doesn't disprove his point at all.

Also, does Poggi have a deal with you to be his (SFA) hype man?  I've read enough to know that you don't hype any of your client teams more than SFA.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peanut Gallery said:

New here and saw this.  Who was higher ranked?  SFA or IMG?  Probably the only time a Poggi-coached team beat a higher ranked team was DBP @ Navy-Marine Corps stadium.  Eagleinsider mentioned that he was 6-14 against top 100 teams.  IMG is one of the six wins.  Doesn't disprove his point at all.

Also, does Poggi have a deal with you to be his (SFA) hype man?  I've read enough to know that you don't hype any of your client teams more than SFA.

I was at that Gilman/DBP game.or shall I say monsoon. Re SFA, It’s just because they’ve been in the news so much of late due to their domination. I’m a prophet of all the privates. Have been for 10+ years. USA is also a priority right now. All of our clients benefit greatly from our marketing, promotion and PR services both in and out of season. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’m a profit of all the privates. Have been for 10+ years. USA is also a priority right now. All of our clients benefit greatly from our marketing, promotion and PR services both in and out of season. 

Prophet or profit?  Freudian slip?  Accidentally telling the truth?

• Haha 6

46 minutes ago, Severino said:

Prophet or profit?  Freudian slip?  Accidentally telling the truth?

You already know that I don't make a penny from any of my clients. Don't have to. #essentialemployee 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You already know that I don't make a penny from any of my clients. Don't have to. #essentialemployee 

Are you still going to give your fed check to USA Academy?

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2020 at 4:58 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

On 3/25/2020 at 6:31 PM, AztecPadre said:

Do you honestly have an honest bone in your body?  Credibility?  Rhetorical of course. 

Following closely in the footsteps of his ‚Äúidol,‚ÄĚ the bankruptcy¬†king.

#learningatthefeetofhismaster

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

One win against a lower ranked and bad (by IMG standards) IMG team doesn't impress me. It's about the whole body of work with Biff, and the whole body of work says that he's much better at cutting checks than coaching. 16 games against higher ranked teams is an NFL season and he's won 1 of them. Biff is the 2007 Miami Dolphins of coaches.  His teams always are one trick ponies and it works 99% of the time because their players are so much better. If you run into someone who can stop it then they've got nothing else to go to.

It's always been that way. In the Gilman days it goes all the way back to Ambrose Wooden and then Darius Jennings/Cyrus Jones and on to Kai Locksley. If they run into a team that has someone who can play with their dude on an equal footing, they lose. That's been his m.o. forever. 2009, 2019 it doesn't matter.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

One win against a lower ranked and bad (by IMG standards) IMG team doesn't impress me. It's about the whole body of work with Biff, and the whole body of work says that he's much better at cutting checks than coaching. 16 games against higher ranked teams is an NFL season and he's won 1 of them. Biff is the 2007 Miami Dolphins of coaches.  His teams always are one trick ponies and it works 99% of the time because their players are so much better. If you run into someone who can stop it then they've got nothing else to go to.

It's always been that way. In the Gilman days it goes all the way back to Ambrose Wooden and then Darius Jennings/Cyrus Jones and on to Kai Locksley. If they run into a team that has someone who can play with their dude on an equal footing, they lose. That's been his m.o. forever. 2009, 2019 it doesn't matter.

Last year it was Blake Corum.. same deal stop Blake you win..

8 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

Will you be impressed if they beat Cen10, DV and IMG all on the road this season? Tough task for any hsfb team. My feeling is if they beat Bama you still wouldn't be impressed. #hatersgonnahate #IGTBAP #PGL

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Will you be impressed if they beat Cen10, DV and IMG all on the road this season? Tough task for any hsfb team. My feeling is if they beat Bama you still wouldn't be impressed. #hatersgonnahate #IGTBAP #PGL

• Haha 3

This was a really good thread on a depressing night.  Thank you, eaglesinsider, for several superb posts as well as interesting insight.  

Poggi in a wifebeater t shirt put a smile on my face.