3/19: 4,200 infect 5/6 1,2 mil infect & 73K dead, 6/25 2.4 mil infect & 123k+ dead

BigDrop

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I don't see anything really being done.... A lot of bickering, bullying. and bullshit. As in any war the frontline personnel are doing all they can do, that's about it. 

I think we should look ahead and make sure we at least have enough body bags and a place to put all these people. 

I've been came to terms with this. A lot of people are gonna die over the next few weeks. When you live close to a place where it is happening, you don't need all the bullshit on the national news or a daily lot of bullshit from the president and his cronies. 

I guess people that live so far off in the deep woods to not have a case yet, or know anyone with a case, may have needed the president to finally come clean before they'd buy it. 

It's so crazy that Michael Osterholm told every bit the truth and had all this covered weeks ago, and the administration just finally yesterday came around to being fairly honest about the situation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I've been came to terms with this. A lot of people are gonna die over the next few weeks. When you live close to a place where it is happening, you don't need all the bullshit on the national news or a daily lot of bullshit from the president and his cronies. 

I guess people that live so far off in the deep woods to not have a case yet, or know anyone with a case, may have needed the president to finally come clean before they'd buy it. 

It's so crazy that Michael Osterholm told every bit the truth and had all this covered weeks ago, and the administration just finally yesterday came around to being fairly honest about the situation.

Exactly!

• Thumbs Down 1

Asymptomatic carriers. Worse case scenario really. People that have the virus, but either aren't sick yet, or never will really feel sick and just think they're suffering allergies going around and sharing the love. 

Pretty scary. 

What about these cruise ships with bodies on them? Friggen crazy that they've been out on the water with people sick and dying on board. Also pretty wild that they were still allowed to run new cruises, even a couple of weeks ago. People being interviewed as they boarded talking about not caring at the same time the government was down playing it. 

• Thanks 1

I also wonder why it's so much more deadly in Albany/Dougherty/Lee County than in the rest of the state of Georgia. 

I'd be curious to know if it's just because a lot of older and unhealthy people attended those two funerals or if it's just that a deadlier strain is what started there. I do know that they've been sounding the alarm for over a week that they're out of beds, even makeshift ICU beds, so, the toll will be rising as they have to make those difficult decisions. 

The secondary ICU they're trying to get running at the old shuttered hospital isn't ready yet, and they'll probably have to staff it with military doctors and personnel. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

That's the thing.. No one knows not even the President or his advisors. The situation is fluid and will/has changed as it develops.. Easy to criticise what should have been said or done after the fact. This is not a movie or video game where the script is written. It changes as we go.. Everyone is doing the best they can and everyone needs to stop blaming and take care of their responsibility in the effort.. No one is to blame but nature,, not even a batmuncher

To some extent this is true.

When someone like Osterholm told the administration what to expect, and they poo pooed it, even while a dumb ass Georgia boy like me understood what he was saying to be true, and steady unfolding to be more and more true, then, yeah, people are going to point the fingers and deservedly so. The only people getting their feelings hurt only care about politics or the markets and not human life at all. That's not the truth, that's the God damned truth.

However, we are at the point now, where, none of it matters. People that remained unsure and were pleading, begging for the truth got it several weeks late. Now they have the truth. That's the best part I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

And this is gonna go on for months (I hope not, weeks I can endure)... I tried getting tested but no symptoms....

Crazy times.

BGW

We'll probably be dealing with this forever really. Just like the flu, except at this early juncture, we have no natural immunities to this thing. Until we survive this initial spread, we are in this social distancing purgatory. 

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I also wonder why it's so much more deadly in Albany/Dougherty/Lee County than in the rest of the state of Georgia

Dougherty County ranks pretty close to last in total health in GA. Might be part of it. I'm no doctor or expert on the subject though. 

https://www.walb.com/story/37726050/where-does-your-county-fall-list-ranks-ga-counties-by-health

• Thumbs Down 1

56 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Easy to criticise what should have been said or done after the fact. This is not a movie or video game where the script is written. It changes as we go.. Everyone is doing the best they can and everyone needs to stop blaming and take care of their own responsibility in the effort.. No one is to blame but nature,, not even a batmuncher

It's easy to criticize when the President said it was contained and that at 15 cases the number would go down.

This is highly irresponsible behavior from someone who was clearly just winging it at the time and had no understanding of how serious the situation was and would become.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

20 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

yeah and so would anyone else in that position... 

Nonsense.

I guarantee that none of the doctors and other experts in his inner circle were telling him that it was contained or that at 15 cases the number would soon go down.

He just made all of that up.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

I kinda a like social distancing.. I haven't had to shake a strangers hand or (gasp)  hug them in a month.  I am perfectly fine with a 6' what up hand gesture?  lol

I don't mind the social distancing, however, I do like social interaction too, so, it's a little odd to say the least. 

On my fishing trip this weekend, the closest I got to anyone was at a drive thru for breakfast and money changing hands at a marina. Boats have to be 50 ft. apart on the water,and a FWC officer was out there with binoculars watching. 

Strange times. 

22 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

You have someone better in mind? do tell?  What's fucked up , really fucked up, is neither party has anyone better to offer than the clowns on parade today... seriously Trump or Biden is the best we can come up with in a nation of 330mil plus?  naw the politicians aren't the problem we are.. we elected these buffoons...

This is pathetic apologizing at it's finest.

"Nobody would be able to do better! They're all terrible! Trump's just like the rest of them!"

Which is totally untrue.

• Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

fuck it everybody dies. You doom and gloomers are right. There is no hope. 

Lol. I don't think everyone is gonna die, but, a lot of people are. Nothing wrong with just being honest about it. At least if you know in advance, it's easier to deal with when it happens, and, when the truth is told up front, people can only blame themselves for not following the proper protocols when worst case scenarios come true. 

I'm generally a very positive person, and it may seem all doom and gloom or whatever, but, as a general rule, I always plan worse case scenario into my plans for everything. Going on a trip? I plan for what I'm going to do if I have a flat, a transmission or whatever. I know those things can happen. I don't need some president or anyone else pumping fake sunshine up my ass trying to make me believe none of those things can happen. It's not what should be being done, because when the bad scenario does happen, then we look like fools with a broken transmission and no money for a tow or repair. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

yeah I am sure he made everything up...cuz thats what orange people do.. your a bigot

I love the irony of the feckless Trump apologist claiming that everybody else is wearing a tinfoil hate when they claim that no expert would've advised him to say what he said.

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lol. I don't think everyone is gonna die, but, a lot of people are. Nothing wrong with just being honest about it. At least if you know in advance, it's easier to deal with when it happens, and, when the truth is told up front, people can only blame themselves for not following the proper protocols when worst case scenarios come true. 

I'm generally a very positive person, and it may seem all doom and gloom or whatever, but, as a general rule, I always plan worse case scenario into my plans for everything. Going on a trip? I plan for what I'm going to do if I have a flat, a transmission or whatever. I know those things can happen. I don't need some president or anyone else pumping fake sunshine up my ass trying to make me believe none of those things can happen. It's not what should be being done, because when the bad scenario does happen, then we look like fools with a broken transmission and no money for a tow or repair. 

What "war" have you ever heard of where they don't tally deaths and casualties....

Answer.....zero. 

We were winning this "war" for about 15 minutes.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What "war" have you ever heard of where they don't tally deaths and casualties....

Answer.....zero. 

We were winning this "war" for about 15 minutes.

I'm not sure it was ever winnable, but, taking the measures we are just now getting enacted would have made a bigger difference enacted in Feb.1 than mid March. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1