3/19: 4,200 infect 5/6 1,2 mil infect & 73K dead, 6/25 2.4 mil infect & 123k+ dead

BigDrop

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm afraid you maybe are missing the point a few of us have been making for days and days already.

... Hind sight is 20/20 yadda yadda yadda. 

Blah blah blah blah blah. 

I just hope all the lives lost are worth the money people save or make in the markets after playing the realities down for weeks on end. 

Let me help you.

Based on all the information and expert advice he had in mid-march, he took " the measures we are just now getting enacted."

Too bad he didn't have that same information and expert advice in February. 

And not taking those measures had nothing to do with concerns about the markets.

• Thumbs Down 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:15 PM, BigDrop said:

Do not continue to allow people to come on here and question what governors and administrators  all over the United States are doing to save lies.  This is real.

I am no longer updating the numbers in the title.  Ten days as noted are frightening enough. I cannot and do not want to imagine the next ten or twenty or .....

Stay inside and stay safe.

• Thanks 2

On 3/30/2020 at 9:51 PM, Slotback Right said:

Let me help you.

Based on all the information and expert advice he had in mid-march, he took " the measures we are just now getting enacted."

Too bad he didn't have that same information and expert advice in February. 

And not taking those measures had nothing to do with concerns about the markets.

He did have the information though, of course there could have been conflicting views, but, the administration chose to walk through the roses rather than plan worst case scenario. 

Osterholm gave them the same information he gave us in Joe Rogan's podcast, around January 20th. They chose to look the other way and hope it went away. Osterholm gave the same information to the multinational investment firms around the 24th of January. 

The administration didn't start even barely beginning to act like they may start taking this thing seriously until after the markets tanked due to "their" big selloff. 

It all seems pretty convenient to me. Especially knowing they had the information mid January. They had it. Osterholm went on the Rogan experience and told us all on the tenth of March. Including telling when he told the multinational investment firms and the Trump administration. 

I guess he could be a party to the hoax though. Just another liberal trying to bring the president down. 

I'm pretty over all of it now to be honest. I'll worry about what I can personally do about all of that in November. We should all start thinking about what our futures hold now, and stop bickering over ignorance that we can't change at all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He did have the information though, of course there could have been conflicting views, but, the administration chose to walk through the roses rather than plan worst case scenario. 

Osterholm gave them the same information he gave us in Joe Rogan's podcast, around January 20th. They chose to look the other way and hope it went away. Osterholm gave the same information to the multinational investment firms around the 24th of January. 

The administration didn't start even barely beginning to act like they may start taking this thing seriously until after the markets tanked due to "their" big selloff. 

It all seems pretty convenient to me. Especially knowing they had the information mid January. They had it. Osterholm went on the Rogan experience and told us all on the tenth of March. Including telling when he told the multinational investment firms and the Trump administration. 

I guess he could be a party to the hoax though. Just another liberal trying to bring the president down. 

I'm pretty over all of it now to be honest. I'll worry about what I can personally do about all of that in November. We should all start thinking about what our futures hold now, and stop bickering over ignorance that we can't change at all. 

You, we and the world may know now that this Osterholm guy is the go-to man in the future.

But that is 20/20 hindsight, is it not?

You keep talking about Osterholm like he was the only guy on the planet with the education, experience and credentials to be making calls about any of this. Our official go-to guys are the CDC, NIH, USAMRIID.... If they had been making the same calls as this Osterholm guy and Trump just kept ignoring them, well, that's one thing. If he generally followed the CDC recommendations, that's another.

We were unprepared with masks due to depletion of the national stockpile during H1N1.  It was never replenished. This is conveniently ignored.

Vaccine work began in mid-January.

Test kits have been done by various nations and there was an initial fuck-up with the production of ours due to a bad ingredient/reagent.  Somehow this was Trump's call and Trump's fault (and interestingly, apparently the ones the Chinese have been exporting are pieces of shit with ~30% accuracy rates).

I suppose Dementia Joe would have listened to Osterholm and ignored everyone else?  Would the Dems have slammed down travel restrictions earlier? I seem to recall the travel restrictions immediately being described as jumping the gun and racist.  The worst hit place in the country - by far - is run by people who have held Trump in absolute contempt for years, but how much smarter were they?  "Don't be racist, hug a Chinese person". "Don't worry, go about your daily business". "Make sure to be woke and crowd as many of yourselves as possible into Chinatown for the New Year's festival"... 

• Thanks 3

That 60/49% Gallup poll has the demoRATS on full panic mode.

Take Trump off tv

Blame everything on Trump

Hint another investigation into Trump on the way.

Fucking idiots will never learn. You know who has lower approval ratings than Trump? The MEDIA. The HOUSE. 

Trump is a lock in November, these dumb asses better start planning for 2024 and Ivanka.

• Like 1

Anyone know the details behind the 30,000 ventilator demand from New York? Cuomo has been very aggressive about it and critical of the federal help (despite a clear warning and ignored warning in 2015 that a pandemic could require 15k ventilators in NY).

This organization, out of the University of Washington and funded by Bill Gates, is saying 30k ventilators is nearly the expected peak national requirement.  New York's peak estimate is well under 10,000 per IHME.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

New York:

Resources needed for COVID patients on peak date

All beds needed
75,224beds
All beds available
13,010beds
Bed shortage
62,214beds

ICU beds needed
11,621beds
ICU beds available
718beds
ICU bed shortage
10,903beds

Invasive ventilators needed
9,297ventilators

2 hours ago, concha said:

You, we and the world may know now that this Osterholm guy is the go-to man in the future.

You keep talking about Osterholm like he was the only guy on the planet with the education, experience and credentials to be making calls about any of this. Our official go-to guys are the CDC, NIH, USAMRIID.... If they had been making the same calls as this Osterholm guy and Trump just kept ignoring them, well, that's one thing. If he generally followed the CDC recommendations, that's another.

We were unprepared with masks due to depletion of the national stockpile during H1N1.  It was never replenished. This is conveniently ignored.

Test kits have been done by various nations and there was an initial fuck-up with the production of ours due to a bad ingredient/reagent.  Somehow this was Trump's call and Trump's fault (and interestingly, apparently the ones the Chinese have been exporting are pieces of shit with ~30% accuracy rates).

I suppose Dementia Joe would have listened to Osterholm and ignored everyone else?  Would the Dems have slammed down travel restrictions earlier? I seem to recall the travel restrictions immediately being described as jumping the gun and racist.  The worst hit place in the country - by far - is run by people who have held Trump in absolute contempt for years, but how much smarter were they?  "Don't be racist, hug a Chinese person". "Don't worry, go about your daily business". "Make sure to be woke and crowd as many of yourselves as possible into Chinatown for the New Year's festival"... 

You keep saying that Trump was called racist for the travel restrictions but I don't remember that happening at all.  I remember some saying that it didn't make sense at that point because it was already here.  I think you are making shit up again.  The rest of your rant is just nonsense.

5 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

You keep saying that Trump was called racist for the travel restrictions but I don't remember that happening at all.  I remember some saying that it didn't make sense at that point because it was already here.  I think you are making shit up again.  The rest of your rant is just nonsense.

Of course you don't.

38 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I don't care if you don't remember.

And nonsense? I think you mean "facts".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, concha said:

Trump had 3 years to bring inventory back to optimal level.  They both were negligent.  Enough of the finger pointing and hang wringing. Fix it and move on ... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Trump had 3 years to bring inventory back to optimal level.  They both were negligent.  Enough of the finger pointing and hang wringing. Fix it and move on ... 

He was busy taking care of Obama's other fuck ups. No one saw this coming

24 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

"Enough of the finger pointing"?

Are you fucking kidding me?

🤣

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thc6795 said:

He was busy taking care of Obama's other fuck ups. No one saw this coming

The office of preparedness and response is in charge of the stockpiling, it’s been a budget line item for years.  

linked is the FY19 budget request for Dept of health and Human Services , the piece in question is on page 92.  Fascinating stuff with additional links for those wanting to do their own research. They state that what they are requesting isn’t enough to meet stockpiling requirements

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/fy-2019-phssef-cj.pdf

• Thanks 2

Clearly making "money" is a lot easier than making "masks" and "hand sanitizer".

....in reference to trump claiming this country will never go broke or run out of money. Why?...."we just make more/print more money".

Someone needs to check and make sure we at least have enough "soap". Pay that person a $100,000 a year.   

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

The office of preparedness and response is in charge of the stockpiling, it’s been a budget line item for years.  

linked is the FY19 budget request for Dept of health and Human Services , the piece in question is on page 92.  Fascinating stuff with additional links for those wanting to do their own research. They state that what they are requesting isn’t enough to meet stockpiling requirements

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/fy-2019-phssef-cj.pdf

And I suppose then that this occurred in multiple years under the last guy (the one who actually depleted it), right?

12 hours ago, concha said:

..and people thought crying concha's football "excuses" were lame....(ohio st/st xavier)

He raises the BAR daily.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, concha said:

And I suppose then that this occurred in multiple years under the last guy (the one who actually depleted it), right?

Greg Burel retired as the dir of the SNS in Jan, had been dir for years under both admin 

stated the SNS is not the cure all for emergencies, their mission has always been to be a stop gap measure temporarily until state agencies or private sector could get things manufactured on their own

the states have their own plans and stockpiling measures, they bare some blame 

he testified to Congress and OMB numerous times throughout the years about their shortfall, it was left unfunded to pay for other gov priorities. Congress deserves some blame 

heres a podcast with the former Dir talking about a lot of this stuff.  It’s a good listen instead of just clinging to anything that farts Obama’s name

https://homelandprepnews.com/featured/46028-exclusive-conversation-with-former-strategic-national-stockpile-director-about-the-u-s-governments-covid-19-response/