3/19: 4,200 infect 5/6 1,2 mil infect & 73K dead, 6/25 2.4 mil infect & 123k+ dead

BigDrop

5 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

The number was 18,000 in my Thursday headline.  Tonight is 32,000. By tomorrow night this will have doubled in four days.

Something is screwy with the NY #’s.  They rose 5,000+, but are not reflected in the case total - which is likely over 38,000.  Earlier they had added 58 deaths, which is reflected in the US total - but now the NY total is no longer showing the 58 deaths today.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

Something is screwy with the NY #’s.  They rose 5,000+, but are not reflected in the case total - which is likely over 38,000.  Earlier they had added 58 deaths, which is reflected in the US total - but now the NY total is no longer showing the 58 deaths today.

I notice something similar in the latest Georgia numbers release. 

The release updated twice per day does not line up with the number of confirmed cases that I received from the Q102 dj inside Pretoria Fields that said she had numbers directly from Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital that placed confirmed cases in that hospital in excess of 100. 

The official state release said 53 as of 7 pm.

Idk why there are conflicting numbers. Perhaps the doctors are saying they are recognizing cases at the hospital from experience at this point but the tests haven't officially been finished. Idk. I do know that the CDC has now shown up there as well. 

14 hours ago, Bormio said:

They are hitting on a reasonable strategy for testing.  If you are mildly ill, assume you have it and stay at home isolated (which means from your family members too).  Do not get tested.  It uses up PPE.  If you get sicker and are hospitalized, you will be tested.  The new rapid tests are being directed to the hospitals so they can make real time care decisions.  Medications are not for the mildly ill, but those who are significantly sicker.  

The testing recommendation is for hard-hit areas, but is going to become generalized I believe.

Have they got enough kits to do the tests? It's hard to do this with a population this big, but let's see.

9 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Isn't Zithromax what they use to treat Herpes?

Dr's are using a placebo treatment of Covid 19? WTF?

Zithromax is a pretty heavy antibiotic. I've been given it before for a pretty bad case of bronchitis. They call it a Z-pak and it was coupled with a steroid for inflammation. 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Zithromax is a pretty heavy antibiotic. I've been given it before for a pretty bad case of bronchitis. They call it a Z-pak and it was coupled with a steroid for imflammation. 

Zithromax is an everyday antibiotic, widely prescribed.  An improvement over the related antibiotic erythromycin.  Has broad spectrum coverage, very well tolerated.

And not used for herpes - that is acyclovir 

• Like 1

@Bormio What do you make of the discrepencies we're seeing in the numbers reported from local sources vs. what the DPH and CDC are saying nationwide? 

The local t.v. news station confirmed what Q102 was saying yesterday about Albany/Dougherty/Lee/Phoebe Putney Hospital. 103 confirmed cases and death toll up to 8 deaths. That was really told to me yesterday around 2p.m. but the 7 p.m. DPH report didn't reflect it. Then the noon today DPH report again didn't reflect it. They added 12 confirmed cases and no deaths to the numbers for Albany. 

The spokesperson for the hospital in Moultrie also gave a statement that Colquitt County has it's first confirmed case. 

I was told last week there was 3, but I think there was one and two healthcare workers that self quarantined due to contact.

Anyway, trying to understand the disconnect with numbers.

26 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

@Bormio What do you make of the discrepencies we're seeing in the numbers reported from local sources vs. what the DPH and CDC are saying nationwide? 

The local t.v. news station confirmed what Q102 was saying yesterday about Albany/Dougherty/Lee/Phoebe Putney Hospital. 103 confirmed cases and death toll up to 8 deaths. That was really told to me yesterday around 2p.m. but the 7 p.m. DPH report didn't reflect it. Then the noon today DPH report again didn't reflect it. They added 12 confirmed cases and no deaths to the numbers for Albany. 

The spokesperson for the hospital in Moultrie also gave a statement that Colquitt County has it's first confirmed case. 

I was told last week there was 3, but I think there was one and two healthcare workers that self quarantined due to contact.

Anyway, trying to understand the disconnect with numbers.

There usually is some confusion and miscommunication in these things.  Numbers are pretty reliable though.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Did you even read the post that I quoted?

C-L-O-W-N

Yes you suck at math too....

🤣

Go ahead and show everyone how you made like a constipated mathematician, and worked it out with a pencil...

SHOW YOUR MATH WORK so we can all laugh at what you wrote...🤣

giphy.gif

Remember...your claim is %2600 👀

27 minutes ago, Troll said:

Yes you suck at math too....

🤣

Go ahead and show everyone how you made like a constipated mathematician, and worked it out with a pencil...

SHOW YOUR MATH WORK so we can all laugh at what you wrote...🤣

giphy.gif

Remember...your claim is %2600 👀

One of the differences between me and you is that my name is ironic.

Taking Blueliner's highest figure (1,500) and using using BigDrop's current figure (39,000+)....

39,000 - 1,500 = 37,500

37,500 / 1,500 = 25

25 x 100 = 2,500%

Since the figure is actually a bit over 40,000 now the percentage is closer to 2,600 than 2,500.

You're even inept at trolling.

• Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

One of the differences between me and you is that my name is ironic.

Taking Blueliner's highest figure (1,500) and using using BigDrop's current figure (39,000+)....

39,000 - 1,500 = 37,500

37,500 / 1,500 = 25

25 x 100 = 2,500%

Since the figure is actually a bit over 40,000 now the percentage is closer to 2,600 than 2,500.

So you are going to try to blame all your "BAD MATH" on your buddy BigDrop?

giphy.gif

Well that is NOT VERY NICE at all...🙄

So now you only have one question left to answer?

Just WHO is the bigger MORON here, him or you ?

PER THE US CDC
COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*
  • Total cases: 33,404
  • Total deaths: 400
  • Jurisdictions reporting cases: 54 (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands)
  • * Data include both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 reported to CDC or tested at CDC since January 21, 2020.

I guess ONE CLICK is JUST TOO HARD for some people....

Oh and BTW:

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

You're even inept at trolling.

Flattery will get you nowhere...😘

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

So now you only have one question left to answer?

Just WHO is the bigger MORON here, him or you ?

PER THE US CDC
COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*
  • Total cases: 33,404
  • Total deaths: 400
  • Jurisdictions reporting cases: 54 (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands)
  • * Data include both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 reported to CDC or tested at CDC since January 21, 2020.

So my math was correct, as expected, yet you acted otherwise.

The issue is that your numbers are just behind. So this is a you problem.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html?action=click&pgtype=Article&state=default&module=styln-coronavirus&variant=show&region=TOP_BANNER&context=storyline_menu

Capture.PNG.4c2114d9750c19f230d3ba2e853efc1e.PNG

The New York Times tracker is also conservative as many of the other sites being used by wikipedia and other places has the number in the United States over 42,000 now.

You're so bad at this that even Blueliner looks somewhat competent next to you.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

So my math was correct, as expected, yet you acted otherwise.

The issue is that your numbers are just behind. So this is a you problem.

No silly boy,  your math was WRONG....

As evidenced by your not reading the word problem correctly, and using the wrong numbers plucked from some "guy you know on the internet that posted them" as proof...when you could have gotten the actual current numbers with one click....

NOTE:  Posting some Paper's Rag article as a backtrack is cute 😘,  your on a roll...

So now...as your next 'PROOF' 🤣 you want everyone to believe that all the newspapers are more accurate than the CDC ? 

giphy.gif

😝

• Haha 1