3/19: 4,200 infect 5/6 1,2 mil infect & 73K dead, 6/25 2.4 mil infect & 123k+ dead

BigDrop

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

No, it's about the only surefire thing that anyone can say about Rick Scott.

That and he committed the greatest Medicare fraud in American history.

I'm sure you think so, Andy.

Whatever.

They're making an entirely defensible request.

Rage on.

🤣

4 minutes ago, concha said:

It was a logical, common sense observation.

It wasn't and you're just pulling stuff out of your ass.

concha being out of his element for basically this entire day has been fun. But it's especially fun when he wades into issues that he has no clue about because he feels compelled to carry water for Republican hacks.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, concha said:

They're making an entirely defensible request.

So it's not a drafting error as originally claimed.

Don't worry. I already knew that.

What I said stands. They are trying to make sure there is as little benefits for the unemployed as possible while earlier fighting for a unregulated fund for businesses.

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, The Guru said:

It wasn't an you're just pulling stuff out of your ass.

concah being out of his element for basically this entire day has been fun. But it's especially fun when he wades into issues that he has no clue about because he feels compelled to carry water for Republican hacks.

It's funny watching you lose your shit.

Now Andy is an expert on the coronavirus stimulus.

🤣

Andy.  The guy who can't read a simple data table.

🤡

Just now, The Guru said:

So it's not a drafting error as originally claimed.

Don't worry. I already knew that.

What I said stands. They are trying to make sure there is as little benefits for the unemployed as possible while earlier fighting for a unregulated fund for businesses.

I didn't say it was, Andy.

Try to follow the plot.

🤡

Just now, The Guru said:

Not as funny as watching you parrot talking points about an issue that you are completely clueless about and then saying that it's common sense.

😄

OK, Andy. 🤣

You're an expert on the coronavirus stimulus... how?  

That is the topic at hand, right?

🤡

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

I've argued with dumber people than concha who are far better with facts and numbers than he is.

concha is by far one of the most incompetent people I've ever seen with numbers. And what's funny is that he's the walking Dunning Kruger effect. He thinks he's really good at it!

🤣  👍

You had your balls kicked in with a BLS data file you ran away from, and that I backed up with Forbes and Pew Research analysis - which you also ran away from.

Your only real defense today has been pearl clutching overreactions ("breathtaking lies" 🤣 ) and outright lies of your own.

I'm in your head.

I kicked your ass two years ago and you stupidly came back for more.

Well, you got it. 🤣

You're welcome.

Now I've got some steaks to throw on the grill.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Saw a study from China on that malaria drug that said that it basically had no effect on average. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-25/hydroxychloroquine-no-better-than-regular-covid-19-care-in-study

Listen, it may or may not work clinically (as opposed to eliminating virus), but the fact is we have nothing else right now.  Mild cases are going to live no matter what, but we need to identify the patients who are going to get sicker (usually around day 5) and start treatment then.  If you wait until ARDS develops, no medication will work.  We know this from bacterial pneumonia.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Listen, it may or may not work clinically (as opposed to eliminating virus), but the fact is we have nothing else right now.  Mild cases are going to live no matter what, but we need to identify the patients who are going to get sicker (usually around day 5) and start treatment then.  If you wait until ARDS develops, no medication will work.  We know this from bacterial pneumonia.

I understand to some extent. Just pointing out there has been studies. 

The French one has been scoffed at as incomplete. This one was at least complete. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I understand to some extent. Just pointing out there has been studies. 

The French one has been scoffed at as incomplete. This one was at least complete. 

I'm not sure this is apples to apples. The story you linked to mentions trying hydroxychloroquine, but the French study also only showed slight improvement,  unless hydroxychloroquine was used with the antibiotic azithromycin, in which the improvement was dramatic.

Maybe the Chinese study tried  that too, but the story doesn't say that they did.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

I'm not sure this is apples to apples. The story you linked to mentions trying hydroxychloroquine, but the French study also only showed slight improvement,  unless hydroxychloroquine was used with the antibiotic azithromycin, in which the improvement was dramatic.

Maybe the Chinese study tried  that too, but the story doesn't say that they did.

I do not believe they did.  Clinically, I do not believe it is a panacea - need to start it earlier and not wait for ARDS.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

I'm trying to understand what good azithromycin is against a virus. I learned in biology class that viruses aren't effected by antibiotics because they aren't bacteria. 

Perhaps the response is due to people having a secondary bacterial infection. 

173 people have been tested as positive at Phoebe locations and 210 negative. A current back log of 916 test results. I expect the "official" number to be much less. It was 123 as of the 7 o' clock update. 

Refrigerated semi-trailers backing up to hospitals in New York to store bodies. 

Peak still not expected for maybe 3 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm trying to understand what good azithromycin is against a virus. I learned in biology class that viruses aren't effected by antibiotics because they aren't bacteria. 

Perhaps the response is due to people having a secondary bacterial infection. 

It does have activity vs certain viruses.  It also has activity as an interleukin 6 blocker - can mitigate in theory the cytokine storm.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bormio said:

It does have activity vs certain viruses.  It also has activity as an interleukin 6 blocker - can mitigate in theory the cytokine storm.

We have two strains... s and l as a result of mutations what's to say either or both won't mutate again or is the human body so common and alike that that is remote?

BGW

23 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

We have two strains... s and l as a result of mutations what's to say either or both won't mutate again or is the human body so common and alike that that is remote?

BGW

Fauci is finally getting on the same plain as Osterholm was in Jan., saying that this thing is likely to become a seasonal mutation. Only deadlier. The only real hope is for vaccines, and they're still months away. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This article lays it out pretty well.

Republican Senators’ Objection to Expanded Unemployment Benefits Makes Little Sense

• Of course, the point of this rescue package is to address a situation where people are being put out of work for good reason. We want many people to stay home instead of working, and so if these benefits help them do that, that’s a feature rather than a bug.
  • These enhanced benefits are temporary; they run only until the end of the year, and any given worker can only claim them for four months. We will continue to have virus-mitigation measures that create mass unemployment for a significant period, and even after those measures can be relaxed through much of the country, it will take some time for employers to re-ingest all the previously laid-off workers.
  • As for shortages of workers by sector, it’s important to remember these are unemployment benefits, and you generally have to have been laid off to claim them.
  • The senators’ proposed fix to this bill does not address the objections they lay out. They are concerned that these benefits will cause some workers to prefer not working over working, and they want to fix that by ensuring nobody can earn an unemployment benefit that exceeds what he or she made by working. How would that limit abolish the purported incentive problem? I would think you could find some workers who would gladly take 90 percent of their current pay if it meant not having to work. There’s nothing magic about the 100 percent line.
  • Work incentives are just such an odd place to focus one’s attention right now. Currently, we need less work in America. It’s a very odd situation that calls for an odd set of policies. We don’t need to worry too much about what these policies would do in a normal economy, because they won’t be in effect when the economy is normal again.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1