BigDrop

3/19: 4,200 infected 3/30: 161,829 infected 2,983 deaths

58 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

looks like you and Bill have no clue about anything!....SAD!!..:$

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I now realize how much I appreciate precedented times.

Was that a typo?  Did you mean to write how much you appreciated Presidented times? 😉  Sorry, I'm weak...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Does Bill explain why Trump participated in the over-reaction aimed at destroying his economy prior to the upcoming election?

Or do you have to donate to his GoFundMe to get the explanation? He wants 20k to keep his political show going. 

• Thanks 1

After all this time and just 3 days after the DoJ announced it would go after hoarders...

It's like magic.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/coronavirus/seiu-locates-39-million-n95-masks-for-healthcare-workers-local-governments/2262072/

Union Locates 39 Million N95 Masks for Healthcare Workers, Local Governments

By Bay City News  Published 2 hours ago  Updated 2 hours ago

20 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm trying to understand what good azithromycin is against a virus. I learned in biology class that viruses aren't effected by antibiotics because they aren't bacteria. 

Perhaps the response is due to people having a secondary bacterial infection. 

Excellent post. I was able to hear the explanation. Dr. Mihael Polymeropoulos (Vanda co-founder)  prefaced his remarks by pointing out that this is a virus, and malaria is a parasite, but the way it seems to work is that it makes it hard for the virus to penetrate the cell walls, and also messes with its ability to replicate.

• Thanks 1

When I started this thread I had the number of infections in the title: 4,000+.  Yesterday, seven days later it was 82,000.  

56 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

When I started this thread I had the number of infections in the title: 4,000+.  Yesterday, seven days later it was 82,000.  

Why did you stop putting it in the title?

3 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Check this out. Another scary thing as far as how mich we are being tracked, but, also shows how valuable tracking can be. 

It also shows how easily a gathering could spread something like this virus. 

One sick person at that beach, possibly infecting so many others, then they all go back to places all over the country. 

Pretty sobering look at it. 

• Like 1

this is pretty interesting too... freaking cats do some traveling.. Amazing they make it back home lol

https://www.boredpanda.com/gps-tracker-cat-movement-map-lithgow-central-tablelands-local-land-services/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

GPS Trackers Reveal Your Cat’s Adventures During The Night

gps-tracker-cat-movement-map-lithgow-central-tablelands-local-land-services-3

gps-tracker-cat-movement-map-lithgow-central-tablelands-local-land-services-1

gps-tracker-cat-movement-map-lithgow-central-tablelands-local-land-services-2

gps-tracker-cat-movement-map-lithgow-central-tablelands-local-land-services-5

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Who voted for this dweeb?  

Kentucky's 4th congressional district

Map of Kentucky's 4th congressional district

oh these guys

Kentucky gun rally: What Rep. Thomas Massie, David Hogg said on social

and these idiots..

Thomas Massie for Congress - Events | Facebook

doofus alert

U. S. Representative Thomas Massie (R-KY) is proposing another ...

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Why did you stop putting it in the title?

Somebody made a comment that by my updating it daily I was a sensationalist.  

Tragically almost one thousand people died Yesterday in Italy.

It is really becoming scary.  I wore my n 95 mask today for the first time grocery shopping along with latex gloves.  A half dozen others had masks on too along with several clerks. 

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Check this out. Another scary thing as far as how mich we are being tracked, but, also shows how valuable tracking can be. 

It also shows how easily a gathering could spread something like this virus. 

One sick person at that beach, possibly infecting so many others, then they all go back to places all over the country. 

Pretty sobering look at it. 

Incredible.  Same with Mardi Gras.  NY metro is 20+ million and many are mobile.

I have become a huge fan of Gov. Andrew Cuomo.  He said that the apex for NYC is probably 3 weeks or so with a realistic end of May/early June to begin coming out of this.

It has come to this at 5:30 every day.  Two glasses are now three.  Tomorrow I may have to wear gloves to hold the glass and next week pull my mask aside to have a drink. My pussycat (who sleeps on my side of the bed and is in the top of the photo) may want a sip, too. I also am a huge believer in candles.

D0600ADD-EE19-4428-9206-86C1B014BD65.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

He said that the apex for NYC is probably 3 weeks or so with a realistic end of May/early June to begin coming out of this.

How can people make this kind of assessment?

What am I missing? 

17 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

It has come to this at 5:30 every day.  Two glasses are now three.  Tomorrow I may have to wear gloves to hold the glass and next week pull my mask aside to have a drink. My pussycat (who sleeps on my side of the bed and is in the top of the photo) may want a sip, too. I also am a huge believer in candles.

When I get home, I'll have a drink with you. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What am I missing? What is the end exactly?

I think when the number of new cases start declining. Pretty much everyone expects it in a couple to three weeks going off of how it worked in other countries. I'm not sure we've been as strict in many places so who really knows? 

The reality is we'll probably be dealing with this on some level until between 60% and 80% of the population has had it or been innoculated with a vaccine. Just going by what Osterholm has said. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think when the number of new cases start declining. Pretty much everyone expects it in a couple to three weeks going off of how it worked in other countries. I'm not sure we've been as strict in many places so who really knows? 

The reality is we'll probably be dealing with this on some level until between 60% and 80% of the population has had it or been innoculated with a vaccine. Just going by what Osterholm has said. 

People are guessing. Scientists are watching data and drastically revising estimates. This is what's frustrating, that there are so many different opinions. Might as well believe any old goofball who claims they know what they are talking about based on a "hunch." Nah. 

36 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What am I missing? 

Andrew Cuomo but it was for NYC which has a several week head start on areas in a warmer climate.  Protect yourself as best you can:  I wore a mask today and gloves for the first time. Hated it.  Hated it!!!!!  But sitting here, typing this I feel comfortable.  I am glad that I did.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

When I get home, I'll have a drink with you. 

We’ll be thinking of you.

9F8BBDBE-2450-45EA-8746-751E06FEBED6.jpeg

• Like 2

I was on a long line at 7:45 am today at the grocery store that opened at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.

He returned and tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.

As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you old people don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there."

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

I was on a long line at 7:45 am today at the grocery store that opened at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.

He returned and tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.

As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you don't people let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there."

Hahaha. Old people! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BigDrop said:

I'll see your 3 glasses of wine and  raise you a half pint of Belgian Tripel...

oie_281140wpnDj6DL.thumb.jpg.f6b3dbd487bc895203b353c433c56e28.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'll see your 3 glasses of wine and  raise you a half pint of Belgian Tripel...

oie_281140wpnDj6DL.thumb.jpg.f6b3dbd487bc895203b353c433c56e28.jpg

Absolute best of health and good fortune to you and your family, HawgGoneIt!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2