3/19: 4,200 infect 5/6 1,2 mil infect & 73K dead, 6/25 2.4 mil infect & 123k+ dead

BigDrop

20 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

And.... thanks.

Twitter is a groundswell of bullshit.

bgw

Only if you follow idiots, or occasionally if you follow normal folks that follow idiots. Idk though. If they're normal, and they follow idiots, it's likely they're trying to graduate to idiot their ownself 🎓

I follow the good stuff. Like Speed51 who live streamed the first live racing since the pandemic began, last night at Cherokee in South Carolina. $10,000 purse. Last lap fireworks. 

I would have posted the link but it was a $30 ppv. Hot laps started at 8 and the racing ran until after midnight. 

Screenshot_20200503-092435_Twitter.thumb.jpg.adb52803db8dd486406d65ed10f5408c.jpg

Screenshot_20200503-092311_Twitter.thumb.jpg.a6a1a0470664f9fb01b2f972b26e806a.jpg

• Haha 1

Bottom line is in 11 days we have gone from 46,000+ to 67,000+. By my math, that is just under 2,000 per day over the period. Last weekend, it looked like we were slowing markedly. But during the week, new positives and deaths picked up. While it is clear that NYC has peaked, at least for now, it is not clear at all that this holds for the rest of the country. 

I fear that this will drag through till at least the end of spring and probably into early summer. If this happens, we will have well over 100,000 dead by then. That would represent 1/3 of 1% of the US population. If anyone thinks that is a number to scoff at, I submit that they are totally insane. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Bottom line is in 11 days we have gone from 46,000+ to 67,000+. By my math, that is just under 2,000 per day over the period. Last weekend, it looked like we were slowing markedly. But during the week, new positives and deaths picked up. While it is clear that NYC has peaked, at least for now, it is not clear at all that this holds for the rest of the country. 

I fear that this will drag through till at least the end of spring and probably into early summer. If this happens, we will have well over 100,000 dead by then. That would represent 1/3 of 1% of the US population. If anyone thinks that is a number to scoff at, I submit that they are totally insane. 

Oh, we are going to see another spike/resurgence. It may be necessary, idk. 

I would think that we could have used the data available to us from 1918 and avoid the same thing they had happen, or at least improve on what they did. 

I guess in a way, we were able to improve on what they did by having as much media as we have, the news of the virus was able to reach most everyone uniformly and in a timely fashion, vs. in 1918 when there wasn't as many media options and news wasn't as fast. I'm pretty confident that lowered our death rate a lot, but, I'm sure there will be studies to either show that or Twitter idiots to say it isn't so. 

Seems like outside of that, we are on track to do everything almost exactly the same. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Only if you follow idiots, or occasionally if you follow normal folks that follow idiots. Idk though. If they're normal, and they follow idiots, it's likely they're trying to graduate to idiot their ownself 🎓

I follow the good stuff. Like Speed51 who live streamed the first live racing since the pandemic began, last night at Cherokee in South Carolina. $10,000 purse. Last lap fireworks. 

I would have posted the link but it was a $30 ppv. Hot laps started at 8 and the racing ran until after midnight. 

Screenshot_20200503-092435_Twitter.thumb.jpg.adb52803db8dd486406d65ed10f5408c.jpg

Screenshot_20200503-092311_Twitter.thumb.jpg.a6a1a0470664f9fb01b2f972b26e806a.jpg

"Only if you follow idiots, or occasionally if you follow normal folks that follow idiots. Idk though. If they're normal, and they follow idiots, it's likely they're trying to graduate to idiot their ownself 🎓"~ Gospel

Bahahaha.

bgw

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hey, are those cars engineered/built to get that lean or is that suspension? 

Bang/Bang my bae wants to go shopping...hahaha.

bgw

6 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hey, are those cars engineered/built to get that lean or is that suspension? 

Bang/Bang my bae wants to go shopping...hahaha.

bgw

The chassis is set up for somewhat of a lean like that, but the sheet metal is also set on the chassis in a way that makes that lean look much more pronounced than it actually is. The aerodynamic design is intended to cut into the air at the front driver side quarter and the back passenger side is elevated to provide ultimate downforce on the right rear. 

Old dude Casey went into the white flag with a lead but Overton was pressuring him and he went too hard and slipped up the track enough that Overton had inside position and took the win after Casey got flabbergasted and continued making more mistakes. 

Here is what one of those late model cars looks like just sitting in the pits. The body almost looks twisted looking in from the front, but, when they're on those little bullring tracks at speed the front will look mostly level with the ground if they have their set up correct.

Screenshot_20200503-101913_Twitter.thumb.jpg.0156eda1908ca0580fc6be55972aab10.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The chassis is set up for somewhat of a lean like that, but the sheet metal is also set on the chassis in a way that makes that lean look much more pronounced than it actually is. The aerodynamic design is intended to cut into the air at the front driver side quarter and the back passenger side is elevated to provide ultimate downforce on the right rear. 

Old dude Casey went into the white flag with a lead but Overton was pressuring him and he went too hard and slipped up the track enough that Overton had inside position and took the win after Casey got flabbergasted and continued making more mistakes. 

Here is what one of those late model cars looks like just sitting in the pits. The body almost looks twisted looking in from the front, but, when they're on those little bullring tracks at speed the front will look mostly level with the ground if they have their set up correct.

Screenshot_20200503-101913_Twitter.thumb.jpg.0156eda1908ca0580fc6be55972aab10.jpg

And the Roundup is to keep the weeds away from that classy piece of crap?

Hahaha.

bgw

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

And the Roundup is to keep the weeds away from that classy piece of crap?

Hahaha.

bgw

I honestly don't know what they have going on with their pump sprayer there. xD

Those cars get pretty expensive. Idk. Anywhere from 50k to a quarter million dollars probably for the upper echelon cars. All to win a race with a 10k dollar purse. Seems pretty crazy. Crazy is fun though. 

Those guys that drive those cars are crazy as hell. 

I prefer the lower classes of racing in the dirt tracks where the cars are more "normal" like the Enduro class. Basically bust out the glass, add a roll cage and racing seat and take off. xD

images.jpeg.4ea524213c7c24725c7bb5b1756dd3e6.jpegunnamed.jpg.20a72e7f6e7cfefb002844fa838eeea7.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I honesy don't know what they have going on with their pump sprayer there. xD

Those cars get pretty expensive. Idk. Anywhere from 50k to a quarter million dollars probably for the upper echelon cars. All to win a race with a 10k dollar purse. Seems pretty crazy. Crazy is fun though. 

I prefer the lower classes of racing in the dirt tracks where the cars are more "normal" like the Enduro class. Basically bust out the glass, add a roll cage and racing seat and take off. xD

images.jpeg.4ea524213c7c24725c7bb5b1756dd3e6.jpegunnamed.jpg.20a72e7f6e7cfefb002844fa838eeea7.jpg

Well dammit man, I guess my comment was a little "self centered", I certainly wasn't suggesting I was gonna use one for daily driving.... but as far as going in circles, we do a bang up job of it on this "side".

Quite a bit of change for something that started out like what you got posted above...250k to a million, hell I think a 23' Shearwater and that baddass truck will do me just fine.

bgw

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hey @HawgGoneIt,I see what you did there... a real Illuminati move! Concession stand to the rear and the "First Class Septic" ad emblazoned on the hood.

Is that Probiotic or robotic septic systems under the banner heading? I mean probiotic... how much yogurt do we need and if robotic... well shit bro, we don't wanna go there!

bgw

Some new fangled aerobic septic shit.

I may have to go read about that now that you brought it up. xD

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bormio said:

AP says there have been 20,000 nursing home deaths from Covid - out of 66,000 total.  This is a huge factor obviously.  Has been a huge reason for NY and northern NJ deaths.

You mean aside from cumo having forced nursing homes free of any residents having the virus, to  ACCEPT covid positive patients? 

uh oh....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-spreads-new-york-nursing-home-forced-take-recovering-patients-n1191811

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just for fun, here's a neat Vlog of the closest track to me, about 10 minutes down the road....got some real neat camera work from inside the car while they are racing 😀 (last race of last season)...

enjoy

They claim the fastest dirt track in the northeast 🤔

Of course we also have  drag racing here as well.  here's a show on our local drag track...😀

Always a FAST track at less than 100ft sea level,  and always seems to be cool air 🤔

Now if you REALLY want to race at speed 😲....drive a couple more minutes and check out Millville ....

That shit is like BRAND NEW

They also do motorcycles, and trucks too....😝

Take your pick...😁and enjoy the footage.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Troll said:

Just for fun, here's a neat Vlog of the closest track to me, about 10 minutes down the road....got some real neat camera work from inside the car while they are racing 😀 (last race of last season)...

enjoy

They claim the fastest dirt track in the northeast 🤔

Of course we also have  drag racing here as well.  here's a show on our local drag track...😀

Always a FAST track at less than 100ft sea level,  and always seems to be cool air 🤔

Now if you REALLY want to race at speed 😲....drive a couple more minutes and check out Millville ....

That shit is like BRAND NEW

They also do motorcycles, and trucks too....😝

Take your pick...😁and enjoy the footage.

That Bridgeport Raceway track they're running on is a big track compared to most of the dirt tracks I've been around. Their inner track is comparative to the tracks in the circuit down here. 

Cool race with those modified late models. Good stuff.

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That Bridgeport Raceway track they're running on is a big track compared to most of the dirt tracks I've been around. Their inner track is comparative to the tracks in the circuit down here. 

Cool race with those modified late models. Good stuff.

Bridgeport is/was supposed to be totally revamped over this past winter, not sure what the new design was going to be, but thought they were going to set it up where they could run on the inner, outer, or some other combination that was more in line with other tracks to attract those cars/drivers and build the business....not sure at all where they stand now 🤷‍♂️. should probably check lol.

Dirt track is fun, growing up had a friend that raced regularly at the Middletown NY track.  I even got to run a few laps in it once....crazy stuff...was so worried about getting out of line that I couldn't even keep up with the pack 🤣.  (At the time I worked for Porsche and was four wheel drifting their cars on pavement every day 😜)...didn't matter 🤣...those dirt cars are a whole nother animal  ... 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Troll said:

Bridgeport is/was supposed to be totally revamped over this past winter, not sure what the new design was going to be, but thought they were going to set it up where they could run on the inner, outer, or some other combination that was more in line with other tracks to attract those cars/drivers and build the business....not sure at all where they stand now 🤷‍♂️. should probably check lol.

Dirt track is fun, growing up had a friend that raced regularly at the Middletown NY track.  I even got to run a few laps in it once....crazy stuff...was so worried about getting out of line that I couldn't even keep up with the pack 🤣.  (At the time I worked for Porsche and was four wheel drifting their cars on pavement every day 😜)...didn't matter 🤣...those dirt cars are a whole nother animal  ... 

What usually happens to tracks like that, is, dare I say it on the OT section... Politics. 

Certain drivers become favorites of the people that run the track(s) and "new blood" sees how it goes for "favorites: and the tracks kind of slowly wither on the vine. Our track down here has suffered that a good bit. I think it's on it's fourth or fifth management group over the past few years. A lot of dirt tracks are just gone due to that type stuff. Nobody wants to spend 200k on a car and then the track management let's a "buddy" wreck them weekly without repercussions and that type stuff. They'll find other tracks to run. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What usually happens to tracks like that, is, dare I say it on the OT section... Politics. 

Certain drivers become favorites of the people that run the track(s) and "new blood" sees how it goes for "favorites: and the tracks kind of slowly wither on the vine. Our track down here has suffered that a good bit. I think it's on it's fourth or fifth management group over the past few years. A lot of dirt tracks are just gone due to that type stuff. Nobody wants to spend 200k on a car and then the track management let's a "buddy" wreck them weekly without repercussions and that type stuff. They'll find other tracks to run. 

Seems spot on.  Same with Bridgeport in past. They've got 'new management' too...so hopefully the new owners get it right.

• Like 1