3/19: 4,200 infect 5/6 1,2 mil infect & 73K dead, 6/25 2.4 mil infect & 123k+ dead

BigDrop

9 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

390 million people in the US...you’re just an asshole for rooting for the virus!!!

I’m rooting for those who stand up to it, for the scientists and the Governors who are doing all in their power to slow it down.

I have an updated thread on here for one reason:  those, like you, who deny the threat to our lives.  If you take this serious perhaps you’ll act appropriately:  stay home, wash your hands freequently.  If you have symptoms (starting with a loss of taste or smell) go get tested.

Whrn you protect yourself you save us.

46 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lowndes county has 11 confirmed cases as of that report, I couldn't fit it into the screenshot as they're in order of cases starting with the most. 

I had just bought my reserved seats to the concerts at Wild Adventures for the season that I wanted to go to. I'm guessing all that stuff is probably off at the moment. 

I had good to great seats for all of these...

Screenshot_20200324-192902_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e2e9988c6240f7e15881ec382b2550aa.jpgScreenshot_20200324-192922_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4eb8e146bdade6ecaec188f2ffe3752a.jpgScreenshot_20200324-192942_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c0fde6b17928760bcb3040df3631d495.jpgScreenshot_20200324-193001_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2167b3f4f0fb40ac7f2533599b9a0ad.jpg

I was really looking forward to the first one. Man, that one would be good. No bad songs from any of those groups that I can think of. 

As of now, they've only cancelled April concerts, of which I was only gonna see Lonestar. I suspect some of the others will follow.

Great bands, little crunchy....

I took in Fogerty (Creedance) and his son on lead guitar while back sounded good in his seventies. 

BGW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I took in Fogerty (Creedance) and his son on lead guitar while back sounded good in his seventies. 

BGW

Yeah. They're old. Lol. Great music though. I was too young to see them when they were in their hay day, so, was gonna see them now. Could be the last time they tour. 

Foghat is great. 

Kelsea Ballerini is pretty hot still on the charts. Her ticket was more difficult to get decent seating and I bought less than an hour after they went on sale. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Surgeon General reporting that Italy and China deaths are leveling off and beginning to decline. Expects the same in the US beginning in the next couple of weeks. That’s great news! 👍

If only we had taken the same action as those other two places. 

Looking at how much people are still moving around at this point, I'm thinking he's being optimistic. 

As an aside... our trajectory is looking worse than both China and Italy's, and we have two weeks to look forward to still? That's if he's correct on his time frame. 

Hating to be a debbie downer of course. It is great news that those others have leveled off. 

• Like 2

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Looking at how much people are still moving around at this point, I'm thinking he's being optimistic. 

As an aside... our trajectory is looking worse than both China and Italy's, and we have two weeks to look forward to still? That's if he's correct on his time frame. 

Hopefully, that is the case. Hoping and praying 🙏 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Hopefully, that is the case. Hoping and praying 🙏 

I'm on that train with you. I had to go through a neighborhood today due to work, and most of the homes had chalked their drive entrances with bible verses and the words "Pray Without Ceasing".

Kind of surreal, all of this. It surely isn't fun. Take care of yourself man. Idk where you live or anything, but, stay away from people if you can. I understand your work may require something different, but, you know what I mean. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hating to be a debbie downer of course. It is great news that those others have leveled off. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/best-states/georgia/articles/2020-03-24/georgia-cities-group-urges-all-to-impose-virus-restrictions%3fcontext=amp

15 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Yep. Just like I said earlier, they're working frantically to get the old Palmyra hospital open for intensive care. Phoebe bought it and called it Phoebe North for a while then closed it. I think they said they believe they can get it set up fpr 125 ICU beds with the assistance of GEMA and FEMA. 

Palmyra was a privately owned hospital and Phoebe has been trying to become a monopoly in the area. Even fighting Lee County to keep them from being able to construct their own hospital. They did lose that fight, but Lee hasn't built yet. 

Now... We pay the price of the greed of those at Phoebe. Don't get me wrong, Phoebe is a good hospital, but their methods in holding down the surrounding areas are going to haunt us now. 

The numbers down here in this section of Georgia are already critical for the number of beds available and we aren't peaking yet. I'm afraid we'll get those deaths some are looking for soon. 

The hodge podge, let's try to balance making money with numbers of dead approach may not mean a lot to folks that don't know anyone that will die, but, when your neighbors are the ones dying, it brings a different perspective. Especially when we see so many examples but refuse to do anything different. Lowndes just issued a "voluntary" 2 week shelter in place order. What does that even mean? Voluntary shelter in place order? That's not much of an order at all is it? 

Anyway, enough of my ranting. Just some observations. With the thought we aren't really peaking yet, it's gonna get pretty bad I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

BGW

Fogerty is phenomenal. Sounds as good as when he had Creedance.  Saw him with ZZ Top a year or so ago.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yep. Just like I said earlier, they're working frantically to get the old Palmyra hospital open for intensive care. Phoebe bought it and called it Phoebe North for a while then closed it. I think they said they believe they can get it set up fpr 125 ICU beds with the assistance of GEMA and FEMA. 

Palmyra was a privately owned hospital and Phoebe has been trying to become a monopoly in the area. Even fighting Lee County to keep them from being able to construct their own hospital. They did lose that fight, but Lee hasn't built yet. 

Now... We pay the price of the greed of those at Phoebe. Don't get me wrong, Phoebe is a good hospital, but their methods in holding down the surrounding areas are going to haunt us now. 

The numbers down here in this section of Georgia are already critical for the number of beds available and we aren't peaking yet. I'm afraid we'll get those deaths some are looking for soon. 

The hodge podge, let's try to balance making money with numbers of dead approach may not mean a lot to folks that don't know anyone that will die, but, when your neighbors are the ones dying, it brings a different perspective. Especially when we see so many examples but refuse to do anything different. Lowndes just issued a "voluntary" 2 week shelter in place order. What does that even mean? Voluntary shelter in place order? That's not much of an order at all is it? 

Anyway, enough of my ranting. Just some observations. With the thought we aren't really peaking yet, it's gonna get pretty bad I'm afraid. 

This board is kind of a release for me and for my vents.  John Fogarty, Wild Adventures and Denver bring back safe memories.

For now it is staying home, washing hands, and hoping my wife doesn’t get too upset with me.

Serious:  stay safe.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BigDrop said:

I also feel that this is appropriate.  HawgGoneIt, you’re across the table from me, sharing a glass. (I couldn’t find a picture of me smiling!)

EFF73180-964D-48EB-8356-295917665082.jpeg

Damn it, BDrop! How am I supposed to give you shit now that I know that you're not some awful hideous monster with a wart on his nose on the other side of that keyboard 🤣

...thanks for sharing😎

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BigDrop said:

I’m rooting for those who stand up to it, for the scientists and the Governors who are doing all in their power to slow it down.

I have an updated thread on here for one reason:  those, like you, who deny the threat to our lives.  If you take this serious perhaps you’ll act appropriately:  stay home, wash your hands freequently.  If you have symptoms (starting with a loss of taste or smell) go get tested.

Whrn you protect yourself you save us.

No more updates from me.  Hopefully I made my point.  Thanks to all for understanding.

• Like 2

On tv now:  New Orleans and Mardi Gras May be the source of the tragedy unfolding now in LA.  Plus so many who left NOLA and went back elsewhere.  

Italy is two or three weeks ahead of us.  This was just breaking as Carnival started in Venice and they cancelled it but I believe they already had a day or two.  Same for Germany’s Cologne which is as big as NOLA with more than a million people.

Perhaps for Spring Break and the beaches in Florida.

Stay home and stay safe.  For several more weeks.

7 hours ago, BigDrop said:

On tv now:  New Orleans and Mardi Gras May be the source of the tragedy unfolding now in LA.  Plus so many who left NOLA and went back elsewhere.  

Yeah,  I don't think that helped the situation.

Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras day) was Feb 25...Mardi Gras is actually a month of big parades, but Fat Tuesday is the monster party. . . 

Who knew? Didn't even have a Covid-19 task force then.

Failure.....suppose to be paying these people for something other than looking at the stock market all day. 

Feb. 26: Trump tasks Vice President Pence with leading the federal response to the coronavirus. The president takes questions in the White House briefing room for the first time, saying the country's 15 coronavirus cases would soon be down "close to zero" and that he does not believe the spread of the virus throughout the U.S. to be inevitable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras day) was Feb 25...Mardi Gras is actually a month of big parades, but Fat Tuesday is the monster party. . . 

Failure.....suppose to be paying these people for something other than looking at the stock market all day. 

Feb. 26: Trump tasks Vice President Pence with leading the federal response to the coronavirus. The president takes questions in the White House briefing room for the first time, saying the country's 15 coronavirus cases would soon be down "close to zero" and that he does not believe the spread of the virus throughout the U.S. to be inevitable.

Stay safe, Red Zone.  Absolute best to you and your family.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

• Thumbs Down 1