Malik Zaire to Harvard ?

Mjd33

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/report-irish-qb-malik-zaire-narrows-transfer-decision-to-florida-harvard-others/amp/

I read yesterday his final 3 is wisconsin, Texas, and Harvard.

wisconsin and Texas both have good starting qbs returning. I would love to see how this kid could do in the ivies and if he would tear it up. Remember the qb battle with kiser was close at notre dame. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2017 at 7:15 AM, 954gator said:

I'm a little relieved he didn't come to Florida.   We need a qb that our coach recruited finally at the helm.      Zaire would have been better short term tho.  Just didn't want any locker room BS.

Well he's going to Florida after all. Sorry. 

I was under the impression Florida couldn't take graduate transfers for 5 years as they were on probation from last 2 graduate players that didn't perform academically. I guess the sec made an exception. I wanted to see him compete in the ivies so I'm disappointed. 

1 hour ago, sportsnut25 said:

Not a done deal yet. SEC needs to vote on a rule change in order for UF to take him. 

(If he is in fact trying to be a Gator. Have heard conflicting reports.)

Who would he compete w for starting job? 

Good move imo avoiding Wisconsin and Texas as he would of rode the bench. 

4 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Who would he compete w for starting job? 

Good move imo avoiding Wisconsin and Texas as he would of rode the bench. 

From SEC Country: 

"If Florida is able to land Zaire, he would compete with redshirt freshman Feleipe Franks as well as Luke Del Rio and Kyle Trask for the starting job."

On 5/28/2017 at 2:51 PM, Mjd33 said:

Well he's going to Florida after all. Sorry. 

I was under the impression Florida couldn't take graduate transfers for 5 years as they were on probation from last 2 graduate players that didn't perform academically. I guess the sec made an exception. I wanted to see him compete in the ivies so I'm disappointed. 

Well there you have it.   Would have been perfect last year.   Here's to a year full of drama SMH.