Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

noonereal

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal? 

I am just curious. @concha @thc6795 @NorCalRuss @Bormio @Blueliner @Sammyswordsman

I still don't believe it is as big a deal as they are saying. Every two weeks they tell us the sky is falling and the death toll is going to sky rocket. HAs yet to happen. But this time they say for sure it will peak in two weeks. In two weeks they will extend it another two weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

I still don't believe it is as big a deal as they are saying. Every two weeks they tell us the sky is falling and the death toll is going to sky rocket. HAs yet to happen. But this time they say for sure it will peak in two weeks. In two weeks they will extend it another two weeks. 

Trust me, the sky is falling.

Honest, I sort of get how you are not "getting" it. You don't see it in your neighborhood yet.

Reminds me of 911. 

On 911 I saw the second plane hit and got my family out of town to our country home, just before all the roads got shut down. 

It was sort of surreal. When I left the city that morning people wrer running up the streets to get where they were going... when I got to the country people we casually coming home from work with no sense of urgency. It was but a TV event to them.

I think the same may be happening now. BTW, I think if you ask again, who knows someone with the virus, every in the NYC metro knows someone. Most will know a few. I know I do.

• Like 2

The sky isn’t falling Nor. I'm sure people now know someone. However a month ago they told us we would see 100k deaths in TWO weeks. Two weeks ago they told us the death toll would sky rocket. Now they are saying in two weeks there will be 200k dead. 

Meanwhile a Dr. in France has cured 99.9% of his patients. A Dr in NY has treated and cured 66 patients. Doctors all over the world are saying they have found a drug that works. 

21 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

The sky isn’t falling Nor. I'm sure people now know someone. However a month ago they told us we would see 100k deaths in TWO weeks. Two weeks ago they told us the death toll would sky rocket. Now they are saying in two weeks there will be 200k dead. 

Meanwhile a Dr. in France has cured 99.9% of his patients. A Dr in NY has treated and cured 66 patients. Doctors all over the world are saying they have found a drug that works. 

The most powerful economic wheel in the world, NYC, is closed to help achieve some of the successes we are having. Think about that. 

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo differant than Trump called it, a hoax. 

37 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

But this time they say for sure it will peak in two weeks. In two weeks they will extend it another two weeks. 

How could human beings arbitrarily extend the peak of a virus outbreak? The numbers will either peak or they won't.

You're an incredibly stupid person.

• Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Two weeks ago: 76 deaths

Today: 2,462

That's an over 3,000% increase.

Doesn't seem that you know what skyrocket means which is perfectly in line with your ignorance on everything else.

In one month, more Americans killed than Americans killed in 19 years of war in Afghanistan. 

If that is not sobering, I don't know what is. 

• Like 2

Just now, CODBEARD said:

Exactly!!  human beings have no say in this no more than the planet changing geographical courses.. It is what it is... Stay away from others and the disease won't spread... simple shit

Human beings have no say in it and then you immediately refute yourself by telling people to stay away from others which is exactly what the government has been mandating.

They can do things. They just can't move a peak around at will. That's what's stupid.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

22k people died of the flu this yr. SO FAR

The flu season is almost over and those 22K are for the entire flu season, so that’s about 6 months of data. This virus has 1/10 of the total deaths in less than a month.  It’s growth rate has been exponential.  That’s what they are trying to get ahead. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Have you watched what is going on in NYC? With the city closed??

No flu ever caused anything like this in our lifetime. 

and, we are still in the early stages! 

How many people have recovered?

ts all doom and gloom nor. There is no hope you're all going to die and it is ALL Trump's fault. You happy now? 

• Haha 1