Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

noonereal

45 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Except for the OKs it's basically word-for-word.

Politicians in charge will always underplay, to alleviate public fear and retain public trust...

Media will always overplay and hype, using public fear to retain ratings...

and BTW: No politician (both sides) ever lets a good disaster go to waste tho...so expect the back and forth BS (like you spew)...

Any other questions on why you sound like an asshole politician?

Like I said....speak for yourself.

🤡

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Dude, will you stay off this board and fix my goddamn internet? A number of us trying to work from home, and you guys are fucking with us. Open the pipe and let us get shit done. Goddamn! Help the economy...stay off the forum and fix some shit.

Nope ur a dem

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Troll said:

Politicians in charge will always underplay, to alleviate public fear and retain public trust...

Has Andrew Cuomo been underplaying the virus at all?

Trump underplayed the virus because he's ignorant and only concerned about short-term gains in the stock market, etc. At no point has he been concerned about public fear/trust.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

14 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Has Andrew Cuomo been underplaying the virus at all?

Trump underplayed the virus because he's ignorant and only concerned about short-term gains in the stock market, etc. At no point has he been concerned about public fear/trust.

Who's ignorant....here's Cuomo from just 3 weeks ago...

Sounds pretty downplayed to me...

- if you happen to get it 80% will self resolve and only 20% will need care....

-only previously health compromised should have an issue...long list of 'health compromises' for effect tc etc.

-claims NY has ability to test (we got it covered lol) and blames CDC for their 'bottlenecks'.

etc. etc.

only clicked thru it for two mins, you should get the point ......(but you won't lol)

21 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I'll continue to post facts and accurate quotes and you can just continue to whine.

Deal?

You'll continue to sound like an azz who thinks he's actually scoring some 'political points' on the back of a disaster..

...not realizing how ridiculously silly you look.

🤡

Sure...go ahead and continue to post 'your facts'....deal.

Just remember you only speak for yourself...

Hope this helps 👍

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Troll said:

Who's ignorant....here's Cuomo from just 3 weeks ago...

Sounds pretty downplayed to me...

That's March 7th.

24 days ago.

As late as 5 days ago, Trump wanted to end the isolation so the economy could be "raring" to go again.

Trump is downplaying it now.

No amount of your whining and deflecting can change the fact that every responsible leader is taking this seriously while Trump is still trying to find ways to end the social distancing.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, The Guru said:

That's March 7th.

24 days ago.

Yes, it appears you are not just entirely wrong now...

....but have been for several weeks 👏

22 minutes ago, The Guru said:

As late as 5 days ago, Trump wanted to end the isolation so the economy could be "raring" to go again.

Trump is downplaying it now.

No amount of your whining and deflecting can change the fact that every responsible leader is taking this seriously while Trump is still trying to find ways to end the social distancing  dancing in my pinata brain.

FIFY 

21 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I'm scoring common sense points (well, if you're not a moron).

Speak for yourself maroon, why is it that you always fool yourself into thinking that you speak for someone else?....

Your delusions of grandeur have you declaring that you speak for and represent  'common sense'  now ?

for who...

...on behalf of the morons?

giphy.gif

PS: proof is always,  must just be 'common sense'.....

...when all you have is ZIP 🤡

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF MORON....

Can you hear me now?

👂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

The evolution of their claims:

"This is the Democrats' new hoax"

"OK, it's a real thing but it looks relatively contained"

OK, it's a big deal but we can't have the cure be worse than the problem"

OK, it's very serious but the Democrats were distracting everybody with impeachment right as it was beginning to spread"

Perhaps a sub-category of 'new hoax,' or perhaps the original propaganda: Minimizing what this novel corona virus was by comparing it  to the flu.

IMPOTUS Feb 26: "This is a flu.  This is like a flu"

IMPOTUS Today: "It's not the flu. It's vicious."

In addition to blaming impeachment as a distraction, there's also a heavy strain of blaming governors, local officials, China, Pelosi, Obama etc. -- Pretty much anything to deflect scrutiny of IMPOTUS's own performance. 

😷😷😷

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Guru said:

You do realize that when people refer to H1N1 on this forum, they're talking about the 2009-10 outbreak? Not the Spanish Flu from 1918.

No, of course you don't.

H1N1 had a fatality rate of .02% which is less fatal than the normal flu. It had only infected about 27,000 Americans at this point in 2009. It had only killed 4,000 Americans by November.

It was far less infectious and deadly than COVID-19 will be.

Of course I knew. I was making sure you knew. H1N1 has been around longer than any of us and we are all here today. Most humans adapt if they are fit. You know the old saying "the Strong survive". Well this is another expample of "will you survive"?Is your body storng enough to fight this new virus?

Quick question. Why are there so many asymptomatic people, and do they all get tested? The Corona Virus has been around since the 1960's and this new strain, covid-19, affects the weak like any virus will? Eventually humanity will be less affected by this new strain.

Do I want to find out if I can beat it? No, I want a vaccine like any rational person would, but if I die from covid-19 then that's life... c'est la vie.  

Also, why is there a greater risk of 'Blood type A' becoming Symptomatic vs Asymptomatic?

COVID-19: Approximately 38,714 deaths reported worldwide; 3,170 deaths in the U.S., as of Mar. 31, 2020.*

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, people do not have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working on estimating the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be higher than that of most strains of the flu.

Well, well, well. Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx just shot down all you haters who have been claiming Trump should have quarantined everyone much earlier than he did.

Jim Acosta asked that very question, (about how many more lives could have been saved had Trump acted sooner). Her answer was that there is no way to tell that yet. In order to answer that question, Dr. Birx said studies would have to be done (on antibodies I believe) to tell when the threat began in earnest in this country. Without knowing that, no one can say when the home quarantine should have started.

If we had quarantined people on Feb 1st for example, they might have been hiding in their homes from almost nothing. 

Dr. Fauci came next and agreed with what Dr. Birx had just said.

Bottom line: If the experts don't know the answer NOW, how were they and Trump to know it back then? 

• Thumbs Down 1

Here is my prediction.

The vaccine will come from those that have recovered from the covid-19 previously. The vaccine will be a mild or dead strain of covid-19. Those that get the vaccine may contract the virus but the severity of covid-19 will depend on how well your body can fight the virus. There will always be a chance of people dying of this and any other illness that attacks the respiratory system. 

The White House says that without social distancing policies, the new coronavirus would kill between 1.2 and 2.5 million Americans. 

That's 3-4 times the number of Americans who have died in combat. 

Thank God for the MSM's overreaction.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-tells-americans-to-prepare-for-a-very-painful-two-weeks-as-white-house-releases-extended-coronavirus-guidelines

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

The Corona Virus has been around since the 1960's and this new strain, covid-19, affects the weak like any virus will? Eventually humanity will be less affected by this new strain.

This isn't the coronavirus. It's a coronavirus.

You fail at small, simple things.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

57 minutes ago, The Guru said:

😄

Nobody else was that mistaken.

Yes AGAIN... it is JUST YOU..

that mistaken.

Calling the 1918 Spanish Flu, H1N1 is like calling COVID-19, SARS.

It's in the same family but not the same thing.

Yeah and nobody else is that mistaken....so why are you trying to clarify where you are?

This isn't the coronavirus. It's a coronavirus.

You fail at small, simple things.

and you fail at much larger things...

hope this helps 👍

carry on.

43 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

You're already dead. We all are. It's over fuck it.

Just an FYI, since you had asked earlier, I know someone who has died with this virus.

A friends relative whom I knew.  His uncle just died last night, and his aunt and cousin are in the hospital with it as well...

Yes the uncle and aunt are both over 80, with the cousin around 60,  but all were in reasonably good health for the age.

This from the Bergen County NJ hot spot.  RIP Mr. Conte.

You can still talk conspiracy, and say this is just numbers taken as separate (strain) flu from last year (that may have happened anyway, but just highlighted now etc.), but just know this strain DOES appear to be able to take out reasonably healthy older people.  So you can plan accordingly....

Just sayin'

🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Troll said:

Just an FYI, since you had asked earlier, I know someone who has died with this virus.

A friends relative whom I knew.  His uncle just died last night, and his aunt and cousin are in the hospital with it as well...

Yes the uncle and aunt are both over 80, with the cousin around 60,  but all were in reasonably good health for the age.

This from the Bergen County NJ hot spot.  RIP Mr. Conte.

You can still talk conspiracy, and say this is just numbers taken as separate (strain) flu from last year (that may have happened anyway, but just highlighted now etc.), but just know this strain DOES appear to be able to take out reasonably healthy older people.  So you can plan accordingly....

Just sayin'

🤷‍♂️

Sorry for your loss, sincerely. 

I've never said the Wuhan wasn't real. I've always said it doesn't add up. And it doesn't. The world doesn't just shut down man.

I think the Chinese we're fucking around with biological warfare and this shit was released by accident. I think Trump and all the major players know this. They can't say shit  because they know Americans would want blood.

The Chinese aren't just killing Drs for nothing. Or reporters who reported that the bat this is being blamed on was not being served in the wet market for months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Sorry for your loss, sincerely. 

I've never said the Wuhan wasn't real. I've always said it doesn't add up. And it doesn't. The world doesn't just shut down man.

I think the Chinese we're fucking around with biological warfare and this shit was released by accident. I think Trump and all the major players know this. They can't say shit  because they know Americans would want blood.

The Chinese aren't just killing Drs for nothing. Or reporters who reported that the bat this is being blamed on was not being served in the wet market for months.

Not my family, but I remember their Christmas parties when I was a kid, my friends loss is much greater.

I know you don't think everything can be blamed on something that is 'fake', and agree with you that suspicion is certainly warranted here, as we are not privy to all of the information.

The question of 'What's different' about this, has yet to be answered.     

• Like 2

On 3/30/2020 at 8:12 AM, thc6795 said:

everything is Trump's fault, including when this shit is over and the economy is booming again. of course you will all say it's booming because of Saint obama. 

When this thing is over, it's going to be difficult for a lot of businesses to just pick up where they left off.  It's going to be a long slog that will take years to get back to where we were six months ago.  Not getting a real paycheck for a couple of months is not going to be dismissed or forgotten quickly.  Trump wants everyone to believe that things will take off like a rocket but it's not going to happen like that.  Whoever wins the election in 2020 will have his hands full.  

• Like 1