Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

noonereal

I feel so much better the fucking "my pillow guy" from Minnesota is now involved though. 

He told me to read the Bible then made stage love to trump at yesterday's briefing..

I've read the Bible several times and it doesn't mention the "my pillow guy" once. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

12 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Of course I knew. I was making sure you knew. H1N1 has been around longer than any of us and we are all here today. Most humans adapt if they are fit. You know the old saying "the Strong survive". Well this is another expample of "will you survive"?Is your body storng enough to fight this new virus?

Quick question. Why are there so many asymptomatic people, and do they all get tested? The Corona Virus has been around since the 1960's and this new strain, covid-19, affects the weak like any virus will? Eventually humanity will be less affected by this new strain.

Do I want to find out if I can beat it? No, I want a vaccine like any rational person would, but if I die from covid-19 then that's life... c'est la vie.  

Also, why is there a greater risk of 'Blood type A' becoming Symptomatic vs Asymptomatic?

Human coronaviruses were detected in the 60s... this current strain is a "novel" coronavirus originating from animals then mutating.

Just jumping in with the distinction, carry on.

BGW

• Like 1

Was the Cuomo demand for 30,000 respirators ever explained? The math behind it?

Below is a site run by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), out of the University of Washington and funded at least in part by The Bill Gates Foundation.  They are saying well under 10k will be needed in New York at the anticipated peak infection time.  That's an enormous difference.  The IHMW is currently saying <32k will be needed at peak in the whole country.

They do say "invasive ventilators" here.  Is that the type typically referred to in these situations?

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

New York:

Resources needed for COVID patients on peak date
All beds needed
75,224beds
All beds available
13,010beds
Bed shortage
62,214beds

ICU beds needed
11,621beds
ICU beds available
718beds
ICU bed shortage
10,903beds

Invasive ventilators needed
9,297ventilators

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Was the Cuomo demand for 30,000 respirators ever explained? The math behind it?

Below is a site run by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), out of the University of Washington and funded at least in part by The Bill Gates Foundation.  They are saying well under 10k will be needed in New York at the anticipated peak infection time.  That's an enormous difference.  The IHMW is currently saying <32k will be needed at peak in the whole country.

They do say "invasive ventilators" here.  Is that the type typically referred to in these situations?

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

New York:

Resources needed for COVID patients on peak date
All beds needed
75,224beds
All beds available
13,010beds
Bed shortage
62,214beds

ICU beds needed
11,621beds
ICU beds available
718beds
ICU bed shortage
10,903beds

Invasive ventilators needed
9,297ventilators

Your boys boy says so....

https://nypost.com/2020/03/29/cuomo-needs-30000-ventilators-for-coronavirus-stricken-new-yorkers-fauci/

BGW

SO, based on the modeling in the link provided above, Ga should be clear by the 1st of June as long as current protocols are followed.

Also, keep in mind asymptomatic people have carried the virus as long as a month before succumbing either ill or death.

Explains the exponential infectious rate without protocols in place. 

BGW

As part of a larger discussion Cruz said “what seems plausible, if not likely, is that this was a virus that was being studied at the lab, we knew they were studying bats, we knew they were studying coronaviruses, it was being studied at the lab, and the natural imprint if there’s an outbreak right next to where they’re studying this virus is somehow it escaped, presumably accidentally, that some safety protocol wasn’t followed.”

1 minute ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

As part of a larger discussion Cruz said “what seems plausible, if not likely, is that this was a virus that was being studied at the lab, we knew they were studying bats, we knew they were studying coronaviruses, it was being studied at the lab, and the natural imprint if there’s an outbreak right next to where they’re studying this virus is somehow it escaped, presumably accidentally, that some safety protocol wasn’t followed.”

Cite your sources please. 
Thanks,

BGW

16 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

The White House says that without social distancing policies, the new coronavirus would kill between 1.2 and 2.5 million Americans. 

That's 3-4 times the number of Americans who have died in combat. 

Thank God for the MSM's overreaction.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-tells-americans-to-prepare-for-a-very-painful-two-weeks-as-white-house-releases-extended-coronavirus-guidelines

Sometimes, quite often actually, you have a way of cutting through the noise.

😷😷😷😷

13 hours ago, stanscript said:

When this thing is over, it's going to be difficult for a lot of businesses to just pick up where they left off.  It's going to be a long slog that will take years to get back to where we were six months ago.  Not getting a real paycheck for a couple of months is not going to be dismissed or forgotten quickly.  Trump wants everyone to believe that things will take off like a rocket but it's not going to happen like that.  Whoever wins the election in 2020 will have his hands full.  

Our privelege is showing. I'll include myself in that. 

We are on here fussing about hospital and toilet paper shortages, markets being down and such as that. 

When compared to what even our grandparents came through, some the great depression and some even the 1918 flu, it makes you realize how privileged we have been. Doctors today riding around in sports cars more worried about how their retirement investments are doing in the markets than most anything else. Think about doctors 100 years ago. They were more concerned about where they were getting their next meal than where they were going to "winter" at this year. 

It's all pretty silly really. How privileged we have become. We don't really have any more rights to a rich and distinguished future than any of our ancestors had. 

Kids today upset that they won't have a graduation, grad trip or a senior prom. Hell, in the 60's kids' graduation trips were to Vietnam. In the early 1900's it was likely a handful of plow and a whip for the mule. 

Yeah. Our privelege is showing. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Well, well, well. Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx just shot down all you haters who have been claiming Trump should have quarantined everyone much earlier than he did.

Jim Acosta asked that very question, (about how many more lives could have been saved had Trump acted sooner). Her answer was that there is no way to tell that yet. In order to answer that question, Dr. Birx said studies would have to be done (on antibodies I believe) to tell when the threat began in earnest in this country. Without knowing that, no one can say when the home quarantine should have started.

If we had quarantined people on Feb 1st for example, they might have been hiding in their homes from almost nothing. 

Dr. Fauci came next and agreed with what Dr. Birx had just said.

Bottom line: If the experts don't know the answer NOW, how were they and Trump to know it back then? 

The original sin in all of this was and continues to be about effing up the testing.

Everybody can watch for themselves the moment of which I believe you are speaking.  It begins at about 1:28.25 (or 1:25, take your pick).  Dr Birx says there was 'a lot we didn't see,' and Fauci said 'if there was covert detection' we could say more (because we didn't and don't have adequate and appropriate testing --  I also believe there was some talking past each other about what serology testing is).  Fauci goes on to say 'in a perfect world, it would have been nice to know what was going on there.'   When another reporter asks specifically 'if we had adequate testing would we have known [Jan/Feb]?' at 1:29.45., there is this this moment of deer in the headlights silence on stage and IMPOTUS steps in and says: "We Inherited obsolete tests," which is both nonsensical and a not so oblique way to try to blame Obama.  

Pence steps in to try to clean up the mess and changes the subject to travel from China...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?470841-1/white-house-warns-upcoming-painful-weeks

😷😷😷😷

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

The original sin in all of this was and continues to be about effing up the testing.

😷😷😷😷

The original sin in all of this was actually...

trying to make it all about 'politics' ....instead of health.

You ready for a confession yet?

🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Still a terrible shortage of tests all the ass clown says is that he is doing great and is responsible for nothing. 

Did you happen to hear the press conference clip I posted yesterday of Cuomo saying three weeks ago, that NY could do their own testing and blaming the CDC for the bottlenecks ?

Why are you not blaming the sovergn state you live in?  Is your boy T supposed to tell you when to lock down NY and NJ too? Is he supposed to have that 'power' ?

Do you even know what you are talking about, as you only look for someone to blame ?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Troll said:

Did you happen to hear the press conference clip I posted yesterday of Cuomo saying three weeks ago, that NY could do their own testing and blaming the CDC for the bottlenecks ?

Why are you not blaming the sovergn state you live in?  Is your boy T supposed to tell you when to lock down NY and NJ too? Is he supposed to have that 'power' ?

Do you even know what you are talking about, as you only look for someone to blame ?

Because unfortunately he is a demoRATic hack.