Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

noonereal

Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

Pretty sure it's the democrats new hoax and just overblown press created hysteria. 

I've read somewhere it may actually surpass diabetes for number in deaths for the year or something along those lines. I'm not sure if that's good or bad in the grand scheme of things, but I guess maybe it isn't that big of a deal due to that or something. Seemed to be the inference. 

On 3/31/2020 at 8:11 PM, The Guru said:

This isn't the coronavirus. It's a coronavirus. That's it? That is what you come back with?

You fail at small, simple things.

A strain of the coronavirus. Does this help you understand that a strain of the coronavirus has been identified and infecting people since the 60's? 

1.2 million people have been tested in the US for COVID-19. 

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*†

Total cases: 186,101

Total deaths: 3,603

Jurisdictions reporting cases: 55 (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 10:20 PM, thc6795 said:

Sorry for your loss, sincerely. 

I've never said the Wuhan wasn't real. I've always said it doesn't add up. And it doesn't. The world doesn't just shut down man.

I think the Chinese we're fucking around with biological warfare and this shit was released by accident. I think Trump and all the major players know this. They can't say shit  because they know Americans would want blood.

The Chinese aren't just killing Drs for nothing. Or reporters who reported that the bat this is being blamed on was not being served in the wet market for months.

Who really knows and anyone with top security clearance isn't going to say anything? Of course the Dr's vanishing or dying after working closely with covid-19 isn't suspicious at all. 

Trump did move the major players from Pandemic response team over to work with the weapons of mass destruction and biological warfare group. 

Missing puzzle pieces but you still get the picture.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, stanscript said:

When this thing is over, it's going to be difficult for a lot of businesses to just pick up where they left off.  It's going to be a long slog that will take years to get back to where we were six months ago.  Not getting a real paycheck for a couple of months is not going to be dismissed or forgotten quickly.  Trump wants everyone to believe that things will take off like a rocket but it's not going to happen like that.  Whoever wins the election in 2020 will have his hands full.  

I totally agree.

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Our privelege is showing. I'll include myself in that. 

We are on here fussing about hospital and toilet paper shortages, markets being down and such as that. 

When compared to what even our grandparents came through, some the great depression and some even the 1918 flu, it makes you realize how privileged we have been. Doctors today riding around in sports cars more worried about how their retirement investments are doing in the markets than most anything else. Think about doctors 100 years ago. They were more concerned about where they were getting their next meal than where they were going to "winter" at this year. 

It's all pretty silly really. How privileged we have become. We don't really have any more rights to a rich and distinguished future than any of our ancestors had. 

Kids today upset that they won't have a graduation, grad trip or a senior prom. Hell, in the 60's kids' graduation trips were to Vietnam. In the early 1900's it was likely a handful of plow and a whip for the mule. 

Yeah. Our privelege is showing. 

You don't see Ripper or Bormio posting lately... wonder why? Maybe they are waist deep in work or maybe infected... Or maybe they don't have time for politics right now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

You don't see Ripper or Bormio posting lately... wonder why? Maybe they are waist deep in work or maybe infected... Or maybe they don't have time for politics right now.

Maybe bormio finally found some shame and realized how dumb he looked spreading his brand of buffoonery.

If people's lives are in bormio's hands then God help them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

Maybe bormio finally found some shame and realized how dumb he looked spreading his brand of buffoonery.

You are probably both correct.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You are probably both correct.

I dunno, the Florida Unemployment system is currently FUBAR, and yet Canes still somehow manages to be on here yelling at people 24/7 lol. 

I mean one would think that getting people their money for groceries and stuff would be more important than camping out here, but to each his own I guess. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Troll said:

The original sin in all of this was actually...

trying to make it all about 'politics' ....instead of health.

You ready for a confession yet?

🤔

I confess:

• …I have always said that IMPOTUS is fundamentally corrupt and fundamentally unfit for the job
  •  … I never tried to keep that a secret.
  • …the pandemic was always going to be bad, but this president has made it worse.
  • …I was too narrow when I wrote IMPOTUS original sin was failure surrounding testing.  In addition to wasting time, this administration created a leadership vacuum, and the messaging has been an unmitigated disaster.  So lots of sins, but I did write testing, sooo
  • …on March 10, when VP Pence declared there would be “more than 4 million more tests” available across the country by the end of the week, I wondered if Pence might just be enough of a manager to pull it off.
  • …I was wrong.
  • …on March 13, when IMPOTUS promised 1.4M more tests by the end of the week, I know he’s incompetent so I never believed him.  But it did fluff the market right before close.
  • …I was right.
  • …I have no idea what  US Assistant Health Secretary Brett Giror was trying to accomplish on March 21 when he stated that “We promised 1 to 4 million.  There’s 10 million tests that are in market now.” 
  • …the US just crossed the 1M total test mark a day or two ago, and we are well behind all the promises.
  • …I don’t understand why US testing has appeared to hit a mini plateau at about 100K/tests per day, while Germany is testing about 500K per day.
  • ...I don't understand how earlier this week on March 29th, when asked about inadequate testing by the governors, the supposed head of the response team could say he had not "heard about testing in weeks."
  • …I believe we will not climb out of this before there is adequate testing and we can make data driven decisions, but I also believe in the ingenuity of some of the US people, and adequate testing (or proxy) will eventually roll out, probably will include some cool breakthroughs.
  • …when there is a breakthrough, IMPOTUS will take credit for it because that is what he does.  He privatizes the credit and socializes the blame.
  •  …I am worried that IMPOTUS rewards his political friends and punishes his political enemies. This was a specific concern during impeachment. 
  • …I’m deeply concerned that may be coming true right now as today we have reporting that when it comes to the new rapid Abbot tests, White House officials prevailed over public health experts in a decision to send the new test to the South and rural areas while hot zones burn.
  • …that I don’t understand how holding people accountable to their word during a crisis is particularly political, but should I ever over-commit and under-deliver as badly as this administration has, I’ll be sure to tell my customer that I really shouldn’t be fired, they are just being political.

I have many more sins to confess, but that's enough for now.

https://t.co/O4bYGCkQP9?amp=1

😷😷😷😷😷

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I confess:

• …I have always said that IMPOTUS is fundamentally corrupt and fundamentally unfit for the job
  • …the pandemic was always going to be bad, but this president has made it worse.
  • …I was too narrow when I wrote IMPOTUS original sin was failure surrounding testing.  In addition to wasting time, this administration created a leadership vacuum, and the messaging has been an unmitigated disaster.  So lots of sins, but I did write testing, sooo
  • …on March 10, when VP Pence declared there would be “more than 4 million more tests” available across the country by the end of the week, I wondered if Pence might just be enough of a manager to pull it off.
  • …I was wrong.
  • …on March 13, when IMPOTUS promised 1.4M more tests by the end of the week, I know he’s incompetent so I never believed him.  But it did fluff the market right before close.
  • …I was right.
  • …I have no idea what  US Assistant Health Secretary Brett Giror was trying to accomplish on March 21 when he stated that “We promised 1 to 4 million.  There’s 10 million tests that are in market now.” 
  • …the US just crossed the 1M total test mark a day or two ago, and we are well behind all the promises.
  • …I don’t understand why US testing has appeared to hit a mini plateau at about 100K/tests per day, while Germany is testing about 500K per day.
  • ...I don't understand how earlier this week on March 29th, when asked about inadequate testing by the governors, the supposed head of the response team could say he had not "heard about testing in weeks."
  • …I believe we will not climb out of this before there is adequate testing and we can make data driven decisions, but I also believe in the ingenuity of some of the US people, and adequate testing (or proxy) will eventually roll out, probably will include some cool breakthroughs.
  • …when there is a breakthrough, IMPOTUS will take credit for it because that is what he does.  He privatizes the credit and socializes the blame.
  •  …I am worried that IMPOTUS rewards his political friends and punishes his political enemies. This was a specific concern during impeachment. 
  • …I’m deeply concerned that may be coming true right now as today we have reporting that when it comes to the new rapid Abbot tests, White House officials prevailed over public health experts in a decision to send the new test to the South and rural areas while hot zones burn.
  • …that I don’t understand how holding people accountable to their word during a crisis is particularly political, but should I ever over-commit and under-deliver as badly as this administration has, I’ll be sure to tell my customer that I really shouldn’t be fired, they are just being political.

I have many more sins to confess, but that's enough for now.

https://t.co/O4bYGCkQP9?amp=1

😷😷😷😷😷

Hey, I resemble that rural area remark.

Get those tests down here before this thing does turn into the next hotspot. Sad to say really, but, in a place like New York where the infection is already widespread, the testing probably doesn't help a lot in the ways it can in places where there are under 100 positive cases at today. We need to know whether to seal Moultrie off from Pelham, or just close Moultrie off from a section of Pelham. To know that, we need those darn tests so we don't have to wait 2 weeks for the results. (Heard a story yesterday of a Tifton man that was sick, got tested in Tifton, when the results weren't back in two days,he drives to Moultrie and gets tested again. Still gonna take a week or more for the results, and the Tift results will still beat the Moultrie results back by some days. Took a test from someone that hadn't been tested already too.)

The inadequacies of the initial testing are certainly showing up today. A quick and easy comparison to how South Korea is doing with their infection numbers in relation to their testing numbers, then compared to ours shows the difference testing made/makes. 

I wonder which senators and Congress people own stock in Abbott? xD

I guess that the Coronavirus pandemic is partly a result of Steve Bannon’s zeal for “deconstructing” the Federal Government which Trump bought hook, line and sinker.  Bannon will be forever branded with that extremely short-sighted concept, while Trump will be scorned for letting him do so.  What a tragedy for the American people.

…..In other news….. the glories of under restricted capitalism abound in the following article.  Pay particular attention to the paragraph near the end of the article in BOLD PRINT.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2020/03/30/i-spent-a-day-in-the-coronavirus-driven-feeding-frenzy-of-n95-mask-sellers-and-buyers-and-this-is-what-i-learned/#7362635456d4

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'm still here and still healthy. Busy and the only political comment I'll make is that its asinine to withhold Federal emergency medical supplies because the Prez does not like our governor.  Now having said that, stuff is slowly  beginning to trickle in.

And I did not foresee our freeways becoming the Autobahn....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Infographic: Daily COVID-19 Deaths Show Some Easing in Italy | Statista

We're in third place, however I contend from the very  beginning that China was not reporting accurately and skewed it out of shame or political reasons, who knows.... look at the got damned U.S. spike it's akin to fuckin' elevator.

Now, what does party lines have to do with any of this, really... this contagion is fast and unmerciful.

Stay well and healthy.

BGW

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I confess:

😷😷😷😷

Yes, and you could have stopped right there...

...but hopefully the rant relaxed your fingers 👍

Again the original sin is politicizing the health issue...

but at least you admit your priorities 🙄...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rippers said:

I'm still here and still healthy. Busy and the only political comment I'll make is that its asinine to withhold Federal emergency medical supplies because the Prez does not like our governor.  Now having said that, stuff is slowly  beginning to trickle in.

And I did not foresee our freeways becoming the Autobahn....

Good to hear from you. Glad you're well. Stay safe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Infographic: Daily COVID-19 Deaths Show Some Easing in Italy | Statista

We're in third place, however I contend from the very  beginning that China was not reporting accurately and skewed it out of shame or political reasons, who knows.... look at the got damned U.S. spike it's akin to fuckin' elevator.

Now, what does party lines have to do with any of this, really... this contagion is fast and unmerciful.

Stay well and healthy.

BGW

We're toast on this thing man. We let it get widespread before even beginning to test. It's under the bridge now though. 

I'm truly moving my concentration on what a recovery may look like in a couple of months.

• Like 1

The newest administration slogan/buzzword term is “Trump Time” which is implied to be ultra fast, ultra efficient and ultra superior to something like Hillary Time or Obama Time.

Let’s look at how Trump Time actually works in our real world, not in Trump’s dream “reality” world.

Below is a Trump quote from February 26, 2020.

“…And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.

So about 35 days later we have 220,000 cases and will probably reach a quarter million known cases tomorrow the 36th day after the above statement.

I’m not so thrilled with the efficiency of “Trump Time,” are you?  Anyone?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We're toast on this thing man. We let it get widespread before even beginning to test. It's under the bridge now though. 

I'm truly moving my concentration on what a recovery may look like in a couple of months.

June is the latest predict model....

IKR, surreal... war against an invisible enemy. 

Sports, everything shut down. 

WW III.

BGW