Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

noonereal

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

June is the latest predict model....

IKR, surreal... war against an invisible enemy. 

Sports, everything shut down. 

WW III.

BGW

Yeah. I at one time was going to Atlanta Motor Speedway... they have my cash, but, who knows when they'll finally run the race. I was even thinking and looking forward to Dega. That's a big unnnnnt. 

No football, no much of nothing. It's all pretty wild. Who knows what the future really holds now? How much different stuff will be? Even after all of this, when restaurants reopen, people may still be scared to go inside. Stuff like that is going to shape how the future looks. Difficult to wrap one's head around right now. I'm trying though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Creepiest_Haunted_Towns.jpg

https://www.barrons.com/amp/articles/what-the-1918-flu-can-teach-us-about-avoiding-an-economic-meltdown-51585650601

We have historical evidence that says stuff could be just fine. Another part of the reason that it's so difficult to understand the slow rollout of measures. We have historical data. We have other country's recent examples of what not to do. Etc. Etc. 

Pandumbic

7 hours ago, Rippers said:

I'm still here and still healthy. Busy and the only political comment I'll make is that its asinine to withhold Federal emergency medical supplies because the Prez does not like our governor.  Now having said that, stuff is slowly  beginning to trickle in.

And I did not foresee our freeways becoming the Autobahn....

Thank you for the efforts that have been made by you and all the medical teams.

16 hours ago, Troll said:

Again the original sin is politicizing the health issue...

Yes and no.  You’ve managed to conflate two things, politicization and priorities, in one short sentence.

Politicization

When I lay out reasons why IMPOTUS is incompetent and attempt to hold the administration to account, it is by definition political.  What you don’t seem to understand is your attempt to dodge the accusations by instead accusing me of being political is a tacit defense of the administration -- That is your attempt to stifle the questions by claiming not to be political, is also political.  That is the NRA ‘now is not the time to politicize the tragedy’ strategy.

Prioritization

My argument is this incompetent administration with its muddled messaging has been slow to act at every single step of the coronavirus response, and accelerating US rates of infection, financial hardship, and death, have been the result.  When, for example, IMPOTUS floats the idea that the cure is worse than the disease and maybe we should re-open on Easter, it’s a chorus of opposition voices pointing out the folly of that approach (especially without adequate testing) that is prioritizing health over politics.

When, as he did in his regularly scheduled shitshow last night, IMPOTUS reads: “I want to remind everyone that this is not the time for politics.”  And then 3 seconds later says: “It’s witch hunt after witch hunt.  And the people doing the hunting have been losing.  And losing by a lot.”  That is prioritizing a campaign appeal to the base over health.

😷😷😷😷😷😷

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Yes and no.  You’ve managed to conflate two things, politicization and priorities, in one short sentence.

Politicization

When I lay out reasons why IMPOTUS is incompetent and attempt to hold the administration to account, it is by definition political.  What you don’t seem to understand is your attempt to dodge the accusations by instead accusing me of being political is a tacit defense of the administration -- That is your attempt to stifle the questions by claiming not to be political, is also political.  That is the NRA ‘now is not the time to politicize the tragedy’ strategy.

Prioritization

My argument is this incompetent administration with its muddled messaging has been slow to act at every single step of the coronavirus response, and accelerating US rates of infection, financial hardship, and death, have been the result.  When, for example, IMPOTUS floats the idea that the cure is worse than the disease and maybe we should re-open on Easter, it’s a chorus of opposition voices pointing out the folly of that approach (especially without adequate testing) that is prioritizing health over politics.

When, as he did in his regularly scheduled shitshow last night, IMPOTUS reads: “I want to remind everyone that this is not the time for politics.”  And then 3 seconds later says: “It’s witch hunt after witch hunt.  And the people doing the hunting have been losing.  And losing by a lot.”  That is prioritizing a campaign appeal to the base over health.

😷😷😷😷😷😷

As I've said before, this particular president makes it impossible to rally behind him. He himself intentionally politicizes everything, and then we get the same from his supporters, then the occasional one that tries to say two wrongs don't make a right. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As I've said before, this particular president makes it impossible to rally behind him. He himself intentionally politicizes everything, and then we get the same from his supporters, then the occasional one that tries to say two wrongs don't make a right. 

If it's impossible to rally behind him, how do you explain his increase in approval ratings? And how he is handling the virus? 

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

If it's impossible to rally behind him, how do you explain his increase in approval ratings? And how he is handling the virus? 

Stupid is as stupid does. 

I'm not buying the numbers. Many of the staunchest supporters of his that I know around my area are even down at the mouth about him right now. 

I'm glad you have a happy little poll to cling onto for now though. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Does anyone not know someone with Covid-19?

I'll tell you what I know... They're still lying about the  numbers in the databases right now. 

Moultrie/Colquitt County has 53 confirmed positive and 5 deaths, but the database says 28 positive and 2 deaths. And it's not that it's a day behind or something. These numbers are sometimes several days behind in the databases. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Stupid is as stupid does. 

I'm not buying the numbers. Many of the staunchest supporters of his that I know around my area are even down at the mouth about him right now. 

I'm glad you have a happy little poll to cling onto for now though. 

So now you're not buying the polls? Odd.

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

The only reason he has 49.8 approval is because most Americans work on sound bites and don't understand except very superficially.

I'd argue the Trump Bump is actually quite soft.  I'd also argue that all hot-takes right now don't mean very much.

If the current models are to be believed, 100K - 240K Americans are going to die alone, gasping for breath.  10 million people have gone on unemployment in the last two weeks (and the actual number is higher).  More to come.  Hopes for a V shape recovery are probably a fever dream. 

I struggle to wrap my mind around all the suffering.  But, if it all comes to pass, it's probably reasonable to speculate this is going to have a major impact on the American psyche, and we don't really know where that will lead.  

• Like 2

It's always funny when idiots think they've got a "gotcha" moment but what they really reveal is how they don't understand basic English.

Or the passing of time.

The key words being "for now" on February 1st and "persist" on March 19th.

I wonder what happened in the 46 days in between?

🤡

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I'd argue the Trump Bump is actually quite soft.  I'd also argue that all hot-takes right now don't mean very much.

If the current models are to be believed, 100K - 240K Americans are going to die alone, gasping for breath.  10 million people have gone on unemployment in the last two weeks (and the actual number is higher).  More to come.  Hopes for a V shape recovery are probably a fever dream. 

I struggle to wrap my mind around all the suffering.  But, if it all comes to pass, it's probably reasonable to speculate this is going to have a major impact on the American psyche, and we don't really know where that will lead.  

It is scary stuff and it all feels like slow motion.  It is a death sentence for many (myself included) and the hope of avoiding catching this thing is slipping away.  

I am hopeful that those who survive this, as it will affect every one of us, will take the opportunity to to value things that are most important, like family/friends/neighbors and hopefully strangers, and let less important things fade away.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

bodies pile up and the evidence of ineptness piles up and becomes more and more evident

few will understand how completely TRump has screwed this pooch. 

Still, you are correct. 

and 50% approval during a crisis like this is fantastically low, thank God

50 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

The fact that in this scary time of crisis in our country he can't even peel off 5% of democrats for his own approval rating is very telling and symptomatic of his constant pot stirring and his war against actual facts. 

• Like 1