Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

noonereal

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

"The research has not yet been peer reviewed nor formally published in a medical journal." ~ for the French Dr.'s findings...1st link.

And the Hasidic Dr is sanctioned..... "The doctor, Vladimir Zelenko, has been in isolation because he is immunocompromised. But he is directing perhaps the world’s most extensive, unsanctioned medical experiment related to coronavirus — the use of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid-19, a something President Donald Trump has been touting for days as a “game changer” in the fight against the virus. The experiment is controversial: Trump’s top medical adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, has cautioned against use of the drug to treat the virus, calling evidence of its effectiveness “anecdotal.” On Monday evening, New York banned off-label use of the drug, which is also used to treat lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, outside state-approved clinical trials."

So, THC  we got a ways to go, got to get into the last phase of these clinicals.

BGW

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

"The research has not yet been peer reviewed nor formally published in a medical journal." ~ for the French Dr.'s findings...1st link.

And the Hasidic Dr is sanctioned..... "The doctor, Vladimir Zelenko, has been in isolation because he is immunocompromised. But he is directing perhaps the world’s most extensive, unsanctioned medical experiment related to coronavirus — the use of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid-19, a something President Donald Trump has been touting for days as a “game changer” in the fight against the virus. The experiment is controversial: Trump’s top medical adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci, has cautioned against use of the drug to treat the virus, calling evidence of its effectiveness “anecdotal.” On Monday evening, New York banned off-label use of the drug, which is also used to treat lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, outside state-approved clinical trials."

So, THC  we got a ways to go, got to get into the last phase of these clinicals.

BGW

yeah but it seems to be working. The French Dr has cured 88 of 89 patients. The Dr in yr has cured all 22 of his patients. Dr's all around the world are saying this is working. But digress there is no hope. We are all dead already. 

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

yeah but it seems to be working. The French Dr has cured 88 of 89 patients. The Dr in yr has cured all 22 of his patients. Dr's all around the world are saying this is working. But digress there is no hope. We are all dead already. 

This is nonsense. Nobody has been cured.

People recover from this without any medication. They hydrate, rest and let their immune system deal with it.

There's no solid evidence that a person has a better chance recovering from the virus by using this drug than doing nothing but normal bed rest.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I was curious of the severity of the patients he cured.  Then I read the article and saw this: 

"This is an observational study (i.e. not controlled) following 80 patients with fairly mild symptoms. The majority of patients recover form #COVID19 infection, with or without #Hchloroquine and #Azithromycin treatment."

this leaves a level of skepticism 

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

People recover from this without any medication. They hydrate, rest and let their immune system deal with it.

There's no solid evidence that a person has a better chance recovering from the virus by using this drug than doing nothing but normal bed rest.

"This is an observational study (i.e. not controlled) following 80 patients with fairly mild symptoms. The majority of patients recover form #COVID19 infection, with or without #Hchloroquine and #Azithromycin treatment."

Exactly.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I was curious of the severity of the patients he cured.  Then I read the article and saw this: 

this leaves a level of skepticism 

again there is no hope. Its over we all die Trump wins

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Depends on how you look at it, if it's so great why the sanctions?

The link I posted in reply looks promising, but how much is marketing or stock posturing?

We got a ways to go, we'll see... I think, IDK.

BGW

Just now, thc6795 said:

again there is no hope. Its over we all die Trump wins

That’s not what anyone is saying, but we can’t just jump at every idea thinking it’s the cure.  There’s legit reasons to be skeptical.  

the hope is in the fact that scientists are diligently researching and working.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

I do however think it is  bullshit a China Flu death  is more important than a OD death or an influenza death. They all died and its sad no matter what caused it

Who said it's more important? It's just an infectious disease with no vaccine or cure. So it's being taken very seriously.

But, hey, somebody shit themselves to death so we don't need to worry about this at all!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

14 minutes ago, The Guru said:

And some people have the antibodies to fight it off.... there has been success there where the sick can be treated with the antibodies.

Where the fuck did I see that to properly cite it? Fuck!

BGW

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

That’s not what anyone is saying, but we can’t just jump at every idea thinking it’s the cure.  There’s legit reasons to be skeptical.  

Half dozen Big Pharma are running clinicals, some are recruiting, some are not.

BGW

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is what you're all saying. it's all doom and gloom and it is all Trump's fault. 

Bell if you get the Wuhan and the Dr says he want to try chloroquine, are you going to tell him NO. Would any of you? 

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

This is what you're all saying. it's all doom and gloom and it is all Trump's fault. 

Bell if you get the Wuhan and the Dr says he want to try chloroquine, are you going to tell him NO. Would any of you? 

No it’s not.  I’m just more careful in what I read and what the articles are actually saying. 

Again, my hope is in the fact I know the greatest scientific minds in virology are studying this to get a cure as fast as possible. I have hope it will happen, but I’m not jumping on any and every thing being thrown out there.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

No it’s not.  I’m just more careful in what I read and what the articles are actually saying. 

Again, my hope is in the fact I know the greatest scientific minds in virology are studying this to get a cure as fast as possible. I have hope it will happen, but I’m not jumping on any and every thing being thrown out there.  

If you get the Wuhan will you take it of not?