Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

noonereal

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

I am just curious. @concha @thc6795 @NorCalRuss @Bormio @Blueliner @Sammyswordsman

Curious? Too funny. Nobody EVER said it wasn't a 'big deal". It's the manner in which this is being reported by the unethical, immoral, lying, lapdog media is what the problem is. This President is doing a fantastic job of mitigating this "crisis", but the media (and you and your buddies) refuse to be part of the solution. This bug is going to ultimately have a lower infection numbers and mortality rate than the H1N1. Sadly, people died from the Swine Flu...KIDS died....but we got through it. Just like we will this time. But you want to be continue to yell Armageddon and be part of the problem because of your petty disdain for Trump. Thus perpetuating the feelings of fear and the thoughts of imminent death in hundreds of millions of Americans rather than instill feelings of comfort in knowing that everything is being done...and in record time. And despite your thinking that you know everything (because you don't, not even close) or more than Trump and his team, everything IS being done. THE hate displayed by the media, you, and your ilk for this President is evident and is obvious and pathetic as the tube top that you're wearing right now. You guys need to get a grip and stop being exactly what you're claiming the Prez to be. It's funny how THAT is always proving to be the case. You know...whatever the left claims about Trump, that it's actually THEM doing it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

47 minutes ago, noonereal said:

tell me what you perceive my agenda to be? 

That when this shit passes and it will. President Trump will get no credit. You libs are so worried that Trump is going to get the credit for a job well done. You'd rather this lasted as long as it can. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

That when this shit passes and it will. President Trump will get no credit. You libs are so worried that Trump is going to get the credit for a job well done. You'd rather this lasted as long as it can. 

The states have taken control of this, counties and lower government too, to thwart off this pandemic.  If there is credit to be passed on its largely to them and their agencies 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

The states have taken control of this, counties and lower government too, to thwart off this pandemic.  If there is credit to be passed on its to them and their agencies 

Yep Trump has done nothing. Except for everything that is wrong.

BTW Independent I was talking to the Libs why did you jump to their defense?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

I am just curious. @concha @thc6795 @NorCalRuss @Bormio @Blueliner @Sammyswordsman

Definitely a big deal.  China also severely under reporting their deaths.   This is a #OIAG virus.  No one has the benefit of evolution for building resistance.  Affects people differently, but is especially vicious to older, and health compromised people

Spreads very easily for some reason.  Think its been floating around the USA since late Jan. especially in the China town areas of metro cities.

The density and public transportation seen in NYC put the population straight up in the wheelhouse of the contagion.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The states have taken control of this, counties and lower government too, to thwart off this pandemic.  If there is credit to be passed on its largely to them and their agencies 

Thats correct.  The American system put the responsiblity for being prepared and acting quick, to be at the local city and county level. 

Those cities and counties that have been electing competent mayors/governors will fare much better than those  counties and cities that put unqualified political appointees into those important positions.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

He will get the credit. and he should. 

Cant wait to see him re-elected. You fucks are going to piss yourselfs. If we are alive.

Credit for not acting sooner, shutting down the economy and increasing the national debt?

Remember you said this was overblown, so his overreaction to an overblown crisis can’t be rational and praiseworthy. Just sayin’ 

Regardless, things are better in my county/city b/c of local policies being enacted and enforced and news sites spreading the word.  That’s happening countrywide. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

This President is doing a fantastic job of mitigating this "crisis", but the media (and you and your buddies) refuse to be part of the solution. 

"It's contained"

"It's under control"

"At 15 cases, we should see that come down"

(Reality)

"If we keep the deaths under 100,000 we'll have done a good job"

🤡

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Credit for not acting sooner, shutting down the economy and increasing the national debt?

Remember you said this was overblown, so his overreaction to an overblown crisis can’t be rational and praiseworthy. Just sayin’ 

Regardless, things are better in my county/city b/c of local policies being enacted and enforced and news sites spreading the word.  That’s happening countrywide. 

Not the time to start acting stupid.  Even Tier 5/6 posters could bury your above statement.

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It is overblown. You can blame Trump all you want. 60% most likley more now approve of the job he is doing. 

28 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

This bug is going to ultimately have a lower infection numbers and mortality rate than the H1N1.

Wow. 

You lie with such ease that it's incredible.

At three months, H1N1 only had about 27,000 confirmed cases in the United States. At just over two months, COVID-19 has almost 150,000 confirmed cases.

More than 7 months into H1N1, about 4,000 deaths had been confirmed. At just over two months, COVID-19 already has over 2,600 deaths.

The infection rate for H1N1 was estimated at .02% at the end of the outbreak. The best case estimate I've seen for COVID-19 is 0.5% at the end.

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

It is overblown. You can blame Trump all you want. 60% most likley more now approve of the job he is doing. 

You act as if the assessment of a group means they have full and working knowledge about what he’s said and done?  That 60% says nothing about the awareness of those being polled, just that they have an opinion 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

here what you’re saying, if the crisis is overblown then we wasted valuable resources in addressing it, why would he be given credit for wasting resources? (Our response to this pandemic has been unprecedented) 

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

It is overblown. 

There's a simple explanation for why idiots like thc6795 think it's overblown.

He reads the numbers from H1N1 and the regular flu season and concludes that this is all a media-driven hoax to hurt Trump.

But what he doesn't understand is that those numbers are estimates conducted after the outbreak was already over.

In real-time, this virus is an order of magnitude worse than H1N1. By the end of June 2009, H1N1 only had 27,000 confirmed cases in the United States. By November of that year, H1N1 only had 4,000 confirmed deaths.

If you don't think this is going to end up worse than H1N1 then you're just not paying attention.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Yes, the method is enormously important, one of the most important things there is.

Hey my friend... I happened by a place that makes mead, in one of the smallest towns in my area. Too bad I hadn't found it before all of this stuff so that I could try it by the drink instead of having to buy entire bottles. 

I guess I'll be posting about them on the drink thread as I try them. How do you take yours? Do you make braggots? Just mead in a cup/goblet? Chilled or over ice? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You sir win the goofiest mofo on the planet award. You should be ashamed for even valuing Cardillo's opinion enough to have him in your Twitter feed or Twitter orbit to begin with, but then to be shameless enough to repeat it out loud... 

Considering you'll climb to the top of a mountain to shout a lie rather than stand on the ground flat footed and tell the truth, I'm really not surprised. 

• Thanks 3