Birth of the Super teams

Sammyswordsman

7 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

No ones beating their chest, Gorman has never even been the biggest game on the MD schedule lol. The first game was not as close as he said it was. That was my point. (They didn’t play against our best team either) Gorman had their run, some great teams they put together with all that California and Hawaii talent. That pipeline has dried & BG wants no part of MD now. Frankly, they don’t seem to want smoke with any TL team after cancelling on Servite 😕 

There you go. Hope the new guy at Gorman gets it right so the matchup happens annually. Did Sanchez bounce because his ego still hurts from being booted so far off the map? 

One last thing, BG backing out of playing Servite? Gotten that bad in Vegas huh? Call Lorenzo and Frank ASAP!!!

But how come MD was nowhere to be found when BG was running the show? SJB and Cen10 played BG during their heyday, but once BG graduated their main guys, MD decides to play them. That doesn't seem sketchy? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

No ones beating their chest, Gorman has never even been the biggest game on the MD schedule lol. The first game was not as close as he said it was. That was my point. (They didn’t play against our best team either) Gorman had their run, some great teams they put together with all that California and Hawaii talent. That pipeline has dried & BG wants no part of MD now. Frankly, they don’t seem to want smoke with any TL team after cancelling on Servite 😕 

There you go. Hope the new guy at Gorman gets it right so the matchup happens annually. Did Sanchez bounce because his ego still hurts from being booted so far off the map? 

One last thing, BG backing out of playing Servite? Gotten that bad in Vegas huh? Call Lorenzo and Frank ASAP!!!

And as far as the whole Servite thing, BG has been playing and beating Servite since 2011. I highly doubt that BG is THAT worried about Servite......even if they chose to go in a different direction for this upcoming season. 

I can see why Ga96 is not much a expert in basketball

His team went 9-14 so he doesn't know what a good hoops team look like

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/lowndes-vikings-(valdosta,ga)/basketball/schedule.htm

I wonder how many decades ago these "national championship" basketball teams at lowndes were

Probably equal to number of times they have been expected to win a state title only to choke in the playoffs 

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

But how come MD was nowhere to be found when BG was running the show? SJB and Cen10 played BG during their heyday, but once BG graduated their main guys, MD decides to play them. That doesn't seem sketchy? 

I get that viewpoint, I just don’t see it that way. Might as well play in the southern section if you’re going to schedule Cen10 SJB & MD. I do think MD should play Gorman annually & wish they would. 

And as far as the whole Servite thing, BG has been playing and beating Servite since 2011. I highly doubt that BG is THAT worried about Servite......even if they chose to go in a different direction for this upcoming season. 

BG was supposed to come to CA & play Servite but canceled.(Servite went to BG last year)   Servite will be for real this year & not just another good looking easy W for BG. Take that how you will. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I get that viewpoint, I just don’t see it that way. Might as well play in the southern section if you’re going to schedule Cen10 SJB & MD. I do think MD should play Gorman annually & wish they would. 

BG was supposed to come to CA & play Servite but canceled.(Servite went to BG last year)   Servite will be for real this year & not just another good looking easy W for BG. Take that how you will. 

I mean, since 2011 BG went Cali to play Servite twice and beat them with a combined score of 90 to 27 (42-0 in 2012 and 48-27 in 2014). In all, BG has beaten Servite in all 6 meetings. Is BG supposed to believe that this year's Servite team is the team that's gonna beat them? They've already had 6 tries and have come up short each time, so why would BG believe that this is the Servite team that's finally gonna beat them? 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I mean, since 2011 BG went Cali to play Servite twice and beat them with a combined score of 90 to 27 (42-0 in 2012 and 48-27 in 2014). In all, BG has beaten Servite in all 6 meetings. Is BG supposed to believe that this year's Servite team is the team that's gonna beat them? They've already had 6 tries and have come up short each time, so why would BG believe that this is the Servite team that's finally gonna beat them? 

For the 100th time...............2012-2018 were the Dark years at Servite.   Administration stopped supporting the football program and they went through several Tier 6 coaches.  Not the real Servite.  Now there is a new Administration who brought back the old coach. 

I hear you. I’m just saying BG did back out of the game for whichever reason. To me, it’s because it’s no secret to other coaches that Servite is going to be a little better then they’ve been in a long time and would probably beat BG this year. A loss to Servite would be a really bad look for BG. Can’t afford to look like the 4th best team in the Trinity league after the losses they’ve taken these past few years.  I’m thinking BG schedules light oos matchups they’re favored in for the next year or two. Let the coach build his thing, don’t get the wind knocked out of them before they get going. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I hear you man. I’m in no way implying Servite is the heavy favorite or going to boat race Gorman, I’m just saying BG did back out of the game for whichever reason. To me, it’s because it’s no secret to other coaches that Servite is going to be a little better then they’ve been in a long time and would probably beat BG this year. A loss to Servite would be a really bad look for BG. Can’t afford to look like the 4th best team in the Trinity league after the losses they’ve taken these past few years.  I’m thinking BG schedules light oos matchups they’re favored in for the next year or two. Let the coach build his thing, don’t get the wind knocked out of them before they get going. 

D Y I N G.   LOL

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Uhh you clowns are going to be surprised with this 2020 Gorman team. If the covid pandemic slows down and if the fall sports season continues as usual this is going to be a great team. Much better than the team that spanked Servite 42-21 last year. 

Uhh. Now you are just like Folsom.  Predicting victories in all the games you ducked.  Sad 

• Haha 3

On 4/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, FootballGuy said:

MD wasn’t even in the OOS game until they were loaded in 2017.   It will be interesting to see if they continue with their scheduling even after a large amount of departures.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

MD wasn’t even in the OOS game until they were loaded in 2017.   It will be interesting to see if they continue with their scheduling even after a large amount of departures.   

Definitely will. 2022 class is loaded at MD. Rollo took an MD team from the 90’s to play Iolani (HI) the year he won his first championship. He didn’t believe he needed to go through the hassle of playing an OOS game like that again.(Until he couldn’t find games) Felt CA competition & TL play was enough, but now he knows the big OOS matchups are the games the players, coaches & alumni want to be a part of. 

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Definitely will. 2022 class is loaded at MD. Rollo took an MD team from the 90’s to play Iolani (HI) the year he won his first championship. He didn’t believe he needed to go through the hassle of playing an OOS game like that again.(Until he couldn’t find games) Felt CA competition & TL play was enough, but now he knows the big OOS matchups are the games the players, coaches & alumni want to be a part of. 

I hope they do.   I'm dying for an STA MD matchup!

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 7:44 PM, HurricaneNick said:

You got beat up both times you played MD. DTR was crawling on the field & you were down two scores playing catch up most of the game the first time around. We shouldn’t even speak about the second game man you guys haven’t been right since the Monarchs paid BG a visit. I’m sorry MD snapped your streak and then gave you the most embarrassing loss in school history the next year. Well, maybe not the most embarrassing loss in school history we should give the mighty Liberty Patriots their credit. How about the most embarrassing home game shut out on national television? 

Come on Nick, give the BG guy a break...no need to rub salt in old wounds.

BG was a great team coming off a 3-peat and were pretty competitive that 1st game; especially compared to MD’s other competition on (arguably) one of the best HSFB teams ever. 

Here’s just ONE reason to take the high-ground...remember MD’s 1st two games vs. De La Salle during the crazy DLS streak?  Carbon-copy of MD vs BG...Top ranked teams, National TV, win streaks on the line...

Egos shattered. Similarly, 1st game was close w/ MD tying it @ 21 late only to lose 28-21 w/ a huge Lienert strip sack in the 4th. 2nd game, an utter beatdown. In fact, same score as MD/BG2; 42-0. 

No need to kick a guy when he’s down because what comes around goes around. You’re an MD alum and we keep it classy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Adam_MD_Alum said:

Come on Nick, give the BG guy a break...no need to rub salt in old wounds.

BG was a great team coming off a 3-peat and were pretty competitive that 1st game; especially compared to MD’s other competition on (arguably) one of the best HSFB teams ever. 

Here’s just ONE reason to take the high-ground...remember MD’s 1st two games vs. De La Salle during the crazy DLS streak?  Carbon-copy of MD vs BG...Top ranked teams, National TV, win streaks on the line...

Egos shattered. Similarly, 1st game was close w/ MD tying it @ 21 late only to lose 28-21 w/ a huge Lienert strip sack in the 4th. 2nd game, an utter beatdown. In fact, same score as MD/BG2; 42-0. 

No need to kick a guy when he’s down because what comes around goes around. You’re an MD alum and we keep it classy. 

Truth! I’ll always remember those DLS games. Not so fun to reminisce. BG is one of the nations best programs no doubt about that. I will stand by this though, 2017 MD > 2016 BG! 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, FootballGuy said:

Yeah very opportunistic with that.   Plus beating BG was what really put them on the map.   It wasn’t that bad of a game either (2017).    

• Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 9:41 PM, FootballGuy said:

Thank you and that is the reasoning why this game was canceled. There is still plenty of respect amongst both of the schools administrators. Gorman has played Servite more than any other OOS opponent in recent history. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Thank you and that is the reasoning why this game was canceled. There is still plenty of respect amongst both of the schools administrators. Gorman has played Servite more than any other OOS opponent in recent history. 

BG feasted during Servites "dark years".  Now when the table turns and BG loses their coach..........they have abandoned the field.  Sad how once a proud BG program has fallen.

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2020 at 11:59 AM, 954gator said:

If there is a season this year MD’s pre-league will be nothing like the past few years. They are playing Cen10 and a team from Utah. They were going to be playing St. Louis but apparently the new coach at St. Louis decided against this. MD is still looking to fill out its schedule but it definitely won’t be like the past few years.