Why are so many over 65 people out in public right now?

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, dammit on Dega this year. Idk if and when they'll ever run it. As an aside, there is a lot of time for planning for Atlanta instead of the short notice thing. I have credit +20% on 3 seats, so, depending on what they announce on when they'll make up the race or even if it's cancelled until next season... 

I was just gonna do a one day trip and sit in some great seats in the grand stands, but, with all this extra time to save and plan and my seats already bought, I may go hot. Haven't done that at Atlanta before. Depends on what they announce after all this mess is over. 

I’m not thinking about any of it, it’s just day by day and hoping for the best, expecting the worst and keeping a positive attitude. 

Difficult times, a lot of folks are hurting. 

BGW

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I’m not thinking about any of it, it’s just day by day and hoping for the best, expecting the worst and keeping a positive attitude. 

Difficult times, a lot of folks are hurting. 

BGW

You're not right very often...but you absolutely nailed this one.

Let me solidly agree...people are hurting.  They keep talking about stimulus checks...but some of the people may not make it that long.  People that live paycheck to paycheck don't have any kind of savings to survive on.  I say that to stress this...

If you're in a position to help...PLEASE do so.

Single mothers and the elderly are very exposed during these uncertain times.   Add to that...when a family member (or both) has been furloughed...and there is not enough money coming in, if any...those of us who can need to step up to the plate.   You won't believe what a small financial sacrifice from you will mean to somebody else.

I'm sorry about jumping into your thread...BUT...the wolf is indeed at the door (no pun intended).

Rufus>>

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

You're right often and consistently...but you absolutely nailed this one. 😁

Let me solidly agree...people are hurting.  They keep talking about stimulus checks...but some of the people may not make it that long.  People that live paycheck to paycheck don't have any kind of savings to survive on.  I say that to stress this...

If you're in a position to help...PLEASE do so.

Single mothers and the elderly are very exposed during these uncertain times.   Add to that...when a family member (or both) has been furloughed...and there is not enough money coming in, if any...those of us who can need to step up to the plate.   You won't believe what a small financial sacrifice from you will mean to somebody else.

I'm sorry about jumping into your thread...BUT...the BIG BAD WOLF is indeed at the door (no pun intended).

Rufus>>

Darn autocorrect....

BGW

Edited by BUFORDGAWOLVES
My own selfish reasons

On 4/8/2020 at 4:21 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Dodge is rolling out a 700 HP off road truck to compete against the Ford Raptor. 

Hellcat Dodge Truck

://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/amp31342599/hellcat-ram-rebel-trx-will-700-hp-styling-report/

BGW

12 hours ago, noonereal said:

That is an awesome truck no doubt. 

Ok so I went and hunted down a video of the truck. 

Definitely very nice.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Just swap out the onions for poppy in that rich soil up there, claim ag exempt....

You're golden Nooner.

giphy.gif

BGW

I just invested a tad of money with a group of "agricultural engineers" out of Mitchell County who are making toilet paper out of corn husks and aloe.  We're calling it...Southern Dream.

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I just invested a tad of money with a group of "agricultural engineers" out of Mitchell County who are making toilet paper out of corn husks and aloe.  We're calling it...Southern Dream.

Rufus>>

So now when you say that you wiped our (generally, not singular) ass you will mean it literally.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2020 at 7:53 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

This week I have been at 2 public places walmart and publix. I took notice that easy 2/3rds of the people at those stores were older people baby boomers and older. Why would the most vulnerable group chance being out in public ?  Are they just so removed from the real world they have no idea of the dangers of the coronavirus ?  Or simply don't give a damn.

Well you sure nailed it on those inconsiderate sixty-five-year-olds.  They’re just so thoughtless.

Virus cases surge among the young

By CARLA K. JOHNSON and TAMARA LUSH

Associated Press

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.  Coronavirus cases are climbing rapidly among young adults in a number of states where bars, stores and restaurants have reopened, a disturbing generational shift that not only puts them in greater peril than many realize but poses an even bigger danger to older people who cross their paths.

In Oxford, Mississippi, summer fraternity parties sparked outbreaks. In Oklahoma City, church activities, fitness classes, weddings and funerals seeded infections among people in their 20s, 30s and 40s. In Iowa college towns, surges followed the reopening of bars. A cluster of hangouts near Louisiana State University led to at least 100 customers and employees testing positive. In East Lansing, Michigan, an outbreak tied to a brew pub spread to 25 people ages 18 to 23.

There and in states like Florida, Texas and Arizona, young people have started going out again, many without masks, in what health experts see as irresponsible behavior.

"The virus hasn't changed. We have changed our behaviors," said Ali Mokdad, professor of health metrics sciences at the University of Washington in Seattle. "Younger people are more likely to be out and taking a risk."

In Florida, young people ages 15 to 34 now make up 31% of all cases, up from 25% in early June. Last week, more than 8,000 new cases were reported in that age group, compared with about 2,000 among people 55 to 64 years old. And experts say the phenomenon cannot be explained away as simply the result of more testing.

Elected officials such as Florida's governor have argued against reimposing restrictions, saying many of the newly infected are young and otherwise healthy. But younger people, too, face the possibility of severe infection and death. And authorities worry that older, more vulnerable people are next.

"People between the ages 18 and 50 don't live in some sort of a bubble," said Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt. "They are the children and grandchildren of vulnerable people. They may be standing next to you at a wedding. They might be serving you a meal in a restaurant."

The virus has taken a frightful toll on the elderly in the U.S., which leads the world in total deaths, at over 120,000, and confirmed infections, at more than 2.3 million. Eight out of 10 deaths in the U.S. have been in people 65 and older. In contrast, confirmed coronavirus deaths among 18-to-34-year-olds number in the hundreds, though disease trackers are clamoring for more accurate data.

For months, elderly people were more likely to be diagnosed with the virus, too. But figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that almost as soon as states began reopening, the picture flipped, with people 18 to 49 years old quickly becoming the age bracket most likely to be diagnosed with new cases.

And although every age group saw an increase in cases during the first week in June, the numbers shot up fastest among 18-to-49-yearolds. For the week ending June 7, there were 43 new cases per 100,000 people in that age bracket, compared with 28 cases per 100,000 people over 65.

With the shift toward younger people, some hospitals are seeing a smaller share of their COVID-19 patients needing intensive care treatment such as breathing machines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

Per the local news UA is claiming its none of their students it's all Tuscaloosa County High school students.  Sounds like typical Tuscaloosa County kids. Back in the day rumor was County girls all had crotch crickets so having Covid would not surprise me.  

• Haha 1

56,015 contracted Covid 19 today with almost 130,000 dead.  One out of every ten who get the virus will be admitted to the hospital.

Six secret service agents have now tested positive from a recent Pence trip.  Another ten agents and WH front staff are positive from the Tulsa event.
Trump, Jr.’s girl friend has the virus.

• 1 month later...