Off Season: Top defenses in the country 2020

HurricaneNick

23 hours ago, Kalven said:

What does SJB bring back on D?

They need to replace 3 of 4 in the secondary, to go with junior to be corner Tayvion Beasley, but they look to have replaced it with two transfers - LB Poly, Kam Blanton, a 3 star, who recently committed to UNLV and to be junior Sione Hala from Paramount High, 6-2 200 rangy kid who had recorded 90 tackles at FS.. 

3 of 4 DL return, DT Satele Jr., DE's Jordan, Sr. and Burrell, Jr. and and they're set at LB (Woods, Jr., Simpson Sr., Gaoteote Sr., Lockhart Sr.) having to replace only Kourt Williams, the replacements either started or play alot last year. 

On paper its solid D, but not sure its as good as MDs on paper. Lets just hope we can have a season and play it out on the field.  Bosco lost alot of experienced depth, which they wont have have early on, or as much depth as last season. They ran two groups of Linemen and Linebackers most of the season. 

• Like 3

On 4/5/2020 at 12:49 PM, MTP28 said:

Defensive Line 

2021 Ross Maseuli 6’3 335 

Offers- Alabama, Michigan, Oregon, Miami, USC, Washington St, Arizona, Fresno St, Kansas

2023 Lipe Moala 6’5 300

Offers- Utah, Kansas 

2021 Tyler Narayan 6’1 255 

Offers- Colorado St, Navy, Army, Yale, South Dakota, Penn

2023 Ezra Funa 

Offers- Kansas 

Ross and Moala won't play defense. 

And Erza Funa won't be an impact player. At least this year. He's far from Mase's skill level.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bmore Better said:

I don't understand why yall mater dei fans live of one win yall definitely not gonna play us again yall scared so watch us vs img for the title this look at yall soft schedule lol

4 national titles, not one win. Frances has been relevant for one year and got embarrassed in California. The MD game was supposed to be your coming out party! Don’t be mad at us for what you guys failed to do! 

I call the IMG Frances game the Mater Dei little brother battle. MD SJB in November will be the national title game as it has been for the past few years now. CA TX FL & GA state title games are real national title deciding games.  Img Sfa is for the national title of teams that don’t get to play in the playoffs. How can you win a natty playing 10 games when half of those games are against unranked/trash/ Canadian teams.  🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, covercorner said:

Ross and Moala won't play defense. 

And Erza Funa won't be an impact player. At least this year. He's far from Mase's skill level.  

I see the DL being the thin spot on the D so I thought Ross might go help plug up the middle. Raesjon & David at OLB will keep bringing the pressure off the edge.  Bosco’s D line  looks more solid than MD’s right now. 

2 hours ago, Bmore Better said:

I don't understand why yall mater dei fans live of one win yall definitely not gonna play us again yall scared so watch us vs img for the title this look at yall soft schedule lol

OH SHIT! Team SFA in the building. Good luck against DV.

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I see the DL being the thin spot on the D so I thought Ross might go help plug up the middle. Raesjon & David at OLB will keep bringing the pressure off the edge.  Bosco’s D line  looks more solid than MD’s right now. 

Yes, thats true. I thought so too, but They are also needed on the OL more so. They can scheme on defense. They also get Sagiao back who was among the rotation before he was injured in the Arizona, Centennial game. They also have Moa coming back who played alot too as a sophomore. He'll be NG. There are a couple of other kids who I'm interested in seeing if they can step up on DL., but they will lack depth. That will be key. 

And Bosco wont have the same depth on there starting front, but its a little more solid at this point. MD has edge at LBer and in the Secondary. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, covercorner said:

Yes, thats true. I thought so too, but They are also needed on the OL more so. They can scheme on defense. They also get Sagiao back who was among the rotation before he was injured in the Arizona, Centennial game. They also have Moa coming back who played alot too as a sophomore. He'll be NG. There are a couple of other kids who I'm interested in seeing if they can step up on DL., but they will lack depth. That will be key. 

And Bosco wont have the same depth on there starting front, but its a little more solid at this point. MD has edge at LBer and in the Secondary. 

Thank God for all the Uso’s. I’m more concerned with MD’s offense & how it evolves with all that talent but post Bryce. As long as Bosco has Chris King at DC they’ll be great on defense. He’ll have a ton of fun with that front 7. 

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No, but he’s right! @Bmore Better 

5 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

4 national titles, not one win. Frances has been relevant for one year and got embarrassed in California. The MD game was supposed to be your coming out party! Don’t be mad at us for what you guys failed to do! 

I call the IMG Frances game the Mater Dei little brother battle. MD SJB in November will be the national title game as it has been for the past few years now. CA TX FL & GA state title games are real national title deciding games.  Img Sfa is for the national title of teams that don’t get to play in the playoffs. How can you win a natty playing 10 games when half of those games are against unranked/trash/ Canadian teams.  🤣

Mater die trash but u stay talking bout my sfa Panthers yall just scared play some comp 410

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Bmore Better said:

Mater die trash but u stay talking bout my sfa Panthers yall just scared play some comp 410

St Frances is over-rated with sorry coaching. Biff spends all that money & still can’t even buy an MNC, that’s weak. Tell biff to move some players out from California into his apartments if he wants to be the best! Come on son, you wouldn’t even play for our league title! 

8DBC2808-842C-4F1C-B6C3-9BCA9406F7F4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

If SFA wins on the road next season at Cen10, Duncanville and IMG, it will be hard to deny them a MNC. 

If 2/3 of those games don’t get played because they’re scheduled in early September it’ll be hard for them to beat out a possible undefeated state champ. If football isn’t played until October that schedule is all below average teams and then IMG. Let’s hope we get ahold of things so we can see those great match ups. 

12 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

If 2/3 of those games don’t get played because they’re scheduled in early September it’ll be hard for them to beat out a possible undefeated state champ. If football isn’t played until October that schedule is all below average teams and then IMG. Let’s hope we get ahold of things so we can see those great match ups. 

Dont talk scared business to us we tried playing both of California top two teams this year yall scared Panther Nation 410

Screenshot_20200410-104113_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200410-104221_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Bmore Better said:

Dont talk scared business to us we tried playing both of California top two teams this year yall scared Panther Nation 410

Screenshot_20200410-104113_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200410-104221_Chrome.jpg

I would love to see SFA vs MD & SJB every year but tweets like that is not going to help towards the following seasons. Some programs has been at the top for years for a reason, they know their capabilities. It’s not right but that’s the advantages in the incumbent seat. SFA wins out that schedule this season they can start barking again, until then hold that L MD gave you with pride. 

On 4/9/2020 at 7:04 PM, covercorner said:

You know that of which you speak, sir.  I think MD will have too much for SJB this year.