Is it time to legalize drugs?

noonereal

consider, the result of Prohibition: drunk and disorderly arrests increased 41 percent; drunk driving increased 81 percent; violent crime and murder went up 13 percent; the federal prison population swelled by a staggering 366 percent; and federal expenditures on penal institutions of all sorts soared a thousand percent.

We would save money so true conservatives would be on board, it increases personal choice so libertarians should be on board, it keeps people out of prison so liberals should be on board. I can't figure a downside. The only impediment is the irrationality of people who think decriminalizing leads to proliferation. 

44 minutes ago, noonereal said:

consider, the result of Prohibition: drunk and disorderly arrests increased 41 percent; drunk driving increased 81 percent; violent crime and murder went up 13 percent; the federal prison population swelled by a staggering 366 percent; and federal expenditures on penal institutions of all sorts soared a thousand percent.

We would save money so true conservatives would be on board, it increases personal choice so libertarians should be on board, it keeps people out of prison so liberals should be on board. I can't figure a downside. The only impediment is the irrationality of people who think decriminalizing leads to proliferation. 

The addiction could get to the point that a normal functioning adult suffers at the workplace so productivity would down. The money spent may get too high and people will go to drastic measures to satisfy the addiction. Pawn stuff. Sell loved ones belongings. Etc. After that crime would be the only other resort to get your fix. 

And what drugs are you talking about? Crack, meth, PCP, Horse Tranquilizers, Alpah Methyl Tripdamine, Psilocybin, 2C-T7, Crank, Coke, Peyote, Ether, Adrenal Glands, Heroin, GHB, Mescaline, Inhalants, Special K??? 

What?????

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The addiction could get to the point that a normal functioning adult suffers at the workplace so productivity would down. The money spent may get too high and people will go to drastic measures to satisfy the addiction. Pawn stuff. Sell loved ones belongings. Etc. After that crime would be the only other resort to get your fix. 

And what drugs are you talking about? Crack, meth, PCP, Horse Tranquilizers, Alpah Methyl Tripdamine, Psilocybin, 2C-T7, Crank, Coke, Peyote, Ether, Adrenal Glands, Heroin, GHB, Mescaline, Inhalants, Special K??? 

What?????

I'd legalize it all to make for a safer country while being fiscally prudent. 

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

For me it would deprofit the drug trade and all the crime that goes along with that..Spend the money we spend on fighting the war on drugs on rehab and prevention to include medical research on a possible cure or at least a vaccine (for lack of a better word) to stop the mental process that happens when a person who is discovered to have the addictive DNA make up takes a drink or drug...

How are you doing?  You able to maintain?  

Good post btw.

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

What?????

That is our situation right now.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

yes I am good thanks for asking... Thank God for Zoom 😊

To be honest I did slip last Sunday (not the one two days ago). 88 days down the drain. SMH.   Luckily I got very sick and ended up pouring the rest out on Monday then proceeded to make some phone calls.  One of those calls resulted in me finding out there were some folks still meeting ( every morning 7am) in a large room with permission from the Church and calls to the health department which said it was fine as long as everyone followed the social distancing rules.  So I did that and it was a Godsend for me as you may well know we need our medicine...

Well to make this short Saturday morning the cops raided us ( all 11 of us) took our names and threatened to ticket us with public endangerment or some shit like that. Apparently someone in the neighborhood was counting heads then called the cops when we got to 11.. So we were dispersed.. Hmmm now what do I do?.. Well the liquor store opens at 9 and it's legal for folks to go there ..lol  anyhow I came home made some more calls and one of my brethren walked/talked me through getting set up with Zoom and meetings on there.

At first it was weird but actually not so bad. It was also pretty funny watching what the other folks in the room were doing while others were talking.. Picking noses, yawning, crazy faces .. one lady was folding her laundry .. well the question of I wonder what kind of panties she wears was answered lol.. None the less that is what I am doing now Zoomin and it's all good.. Moral of the story is I should have picked up that damn phone before I took that drink so I won't make that mistake again at least not today....👃

Glad you're doing good and I'm glad you got sick.  I use to drink professionally a long time ago and I thought I was damn good too but many times I simply did not remember what the hell happened. 

Keep Zoomin brother and never lose the panties curiosity.  Lol

You can always send me a PM if you need to rant or let off steam.  Ya hear me.  

Btw, IMO, those 88 days are still there and were definitely not wasted.   

• Like 1