The Stock Market

DarterBlue

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

We have different populations. Its not the number its what its compromised of. The cdc has put out that the virus attacks minorities harder than anyone else.

China and India dont have too many minorities 

UM, by USA's definitions, the entire populations of China and India are minorities?!

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

UM, by USA's definitions, the entire populations of China and India are minorities?!

Ok ill make it easy they don't have a black population that the virus attacks. For whatever reason this virus attacks blacks very hard 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/racial-ethnic-minorities.html

Stocks closed broadly and significantly lower on mixed volume. NYSE volume rose significantly while NASDAQ volume was slightly lower. Stocks put in day lows just before noon today. However, at the close after two failed rally attempts, they were not that far from the day’s lows. The range was from a loss of 2.03% on the NASDAQ 100 to 3.45% on the Russell 2000. Market internals were bad as on the NYSE there were 6.5 stocks down to every 1 up. While on the NASDAQ the figure was 4.5-1. With those stats, the market now moves from being neutral to being oversold. In fact, aside from the figures put up at the depths of the bear market in early to late March, this is the most oversold since December 2018. So, how do I view the day’s action within the context of both the action since the start of the month and the economic and social backdrop? I see it as mildly bearish, but not enough to throw in the towel on this bull market yet. What’s my basis for this conclusion? Well, since the real bad market day on June 11, the market’s leaders have recovered. This is reflected in the fact that both NASDAQ indices recorded several new closing highs and one of the two, closing highs above 10,000 on two separate occasions. On the other hand, none of the other indices have yet to challenge, yet alone surpass the highs recorded before June 11. This speaks to the increasingly narrow focus of the bull market. One which can continue longer than you would think, but which if it does not work itself out, will almost certainly lead to another bear market, sooner rather than later. Offsetting this is the fact that market leaders have been very strong, and even with today’s bad action, few if any have actually broken down. What would make me go all out bearish now? A breakdown in the market leaders would. If the leaders stay strong but are not joined by the troops in the other indices, I will maintain the majority of my long positions, but will have a very vigilant eye on the door.

On a personal note, today was a bad one for me. I ended up losing $12,523 or 2.23% on the day. With this loss I have gone from a sizable gain to a loss of approximately $800 on the week to date. My big losers in order of magnitude were: The S&P Call Options, which lost $,4862 and the MDY and TTD, which both lost over $1,900 each. Losses on SHOP, LCII and TEAM were relatively contained, given the large drop, while ZM and the NKLA options actually gained on the day, this despite the fact that NKLA actually closed down .87 cents on the day. These options, because they have a long exercise date of January 2022 and because they are deep out of the money with a strike of $110, currently are only loosely correlated with small moves in the stock’s price. They react to a much greater degree to current demand for them, which the market maker uses to his advantage.

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Ok ill make it easy they don't have a black population that the virus attacks. For whatever reason this virus attacks blacks very hard 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/racial-ethnic-minorities.html

I will make it easy for you since you don't seem to understand that the continent of Africa has largely been spared. Blacks in the USA have been disproportionately attacked by the virus for two reasons. First is the fact that they, despite living in the richest country on earth if we are to believe the US's media, are in relatively poor health and don't in large measure have access to good health care. And, second, they, as well as Hispanics, who have also been affected disproportionately by the virus, tend to work in areas of greater exposure to the virus: health care, particularly for the women, and essential retail jobs. It is not that blacks are more intrinsically susceptible to the virus. It is their circumstance in this country. 

And, let me not mince any words here: it is a damned disgrace!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

NKLA has another competitor 

B7463C51-DFCE-4633-B355-2FE28F60F241.jpeg

This is almost certainly fraudulent. It bothered me that NKLA chose this route. However, I understand the motivation of the founder, as he had a chance to get paid several years ahead of when he would had he been forced to go the traditional VC route. But this other one, I view as akin to all the Crypto wanna bees that hopped on the Bitcoin mania a few years back. 

This whole thing just speaks further to the overall froth in the market itself and to why although I have been long, I have to keep my eyes very carefully fixed on the door.

Let me be clear: This is a FED induced bull market that will ultimately end very badly. I have gone long and stayed long only because I am an experienced trader who considers himself, at a minimum, proficient. If I were a neophyte, I would stay very far away from this market, as it is treacherous and will end up burning many people.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I will make it easy for you since you don't seem to understand that the continent of Africa has largely been spared. Blacks in the USA have been disproportionately attacked by the virus for two reasons. First is the fact that they, despite living in the richest country on earth if we are to believe the US's media, are in relatively poor health and don't in large measure have access to good health care. And, second, they, as well as Hispanics, who have also been affected disproportionately by the virus, tend to work in areas of greater exposure to the virus: health care, particularly for the women, and essential retail jobs. It is not that blacks are more intrinsically susceptible to the virus. It is their circumstance in this country. 

And, let me not mince any words here: it is a damned disgrace!

I just put out a fact that hispanics and blacks have a very high infection when it comes to this virus. And gave a link to back it up

I wasn't talking about Africa. I was talking about blacks in america being infected by this virus at a very high rate 

But yes the poor health is true. 

21 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I just put out a fact that hispanics and blacks have a very high infection when it comes to this virus. And gave a link to back it up

I wasn't talking about Africa. I was talking about blacks in america being infected by this virus at a very high rate 

But yes the poor health is true. 

And I am saying its a damn (I should use a stronger word) disgrace that blacks and Hispanics in the USA are being so susceptible to Covid-19. It speaks volumes to where this country is and also helps to explain the recent social unrest which will likely explode at some time in the near future.  

To be continued ... 

BTW, I converse with you despite the fact I find some of your views repugnant because I respect your honesty. Unlike some of the hypocrites on this board, you express your views loud and clear. I can deal with that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

And I am saying its a damn (I should use a stronger word) disgrace that blacks and Hispanics in the USA are being so susceptible to Covid-19. It speaks volumes to where this country is...

agreed.

Alternatively one could have made a point of your 40% infected vs 1/3 deaths (US contribution to total) as showing better actual healthcare here ....

(that's even with our minorities still factored in)

But your point here is not lost (except maybe on some LOL)

To your point tho, many might assume that reflects some prejudicial access to that healthcare.....or some other skin color bias.  Others could even think it somehow biological.  But it is most 'LIKELY'   a reflection of the urban/suburban/rural demographic makeup of the country, given the way this virus is spread. 

Now are cities better than rural or vice versa? 

Any point of grouping by ethnicity is?

Now I agree it's a damn disgrace....but it's because they are people

Not because they might be a minority. 🤷‍♂️

Just sayin'

PS. feel free to remove my previous quoted comments in this thread requesting info....would not want anyone to get the wrong idea as I was only trying to get a read or understanding, on what the market was thinking.

13 minutes ago, Troll said:

agreed.

Alternatively one could have made a point of your 40% infected vs 1/3 deaths (US contribution to total) as showing better actual healthcare here ....

(that's even with our minorities still factored in)

But your point here is not lost (except maybe on some LOL)

To your point tho, many might assume that reflects some prejudicial access to that healthcare.....or some other skin color bias.  Others could even think it somehow biological.  But it is most 'LIKELY'   a reflection of the urban/suburban/rural demographic makeup of the country, given the way this virus is spread. 

Now are cities better than rural or vice versa? 

Any point of grouping by ethnicity is?

Now I agree it's a damn disgrace....but it's because they are people

Not because they might be a minority. 🤷‍♂️

Just sayin'

PS. feel free to remove my previous quoted comments in this thread requesting info....would not want anyone to get the wrong idea as I was only trying to get a read or understanding, on what the market was thinking. thx.

1. I think minorities's access to quality healthcare is less than the access of whites. This is primarily due to income, the lack of healthcare benefits from the kind of jobs minorities usually have, and the poor quality of services provided under Medicaid in many states. With that said, the urban/rural/and to a lesser extent suburban demographics in the USA are probably a greater contributing factor given the way the virus is spread.

2. To me its a damn disgrace because as a country, the USA should be able to do better by its legal residents. It is troubling to say the least, that aside from Haiti, all the Caribbean countries as of now, seem to have done a better job handling this despite having far fewer resources at their disposal.

3. Regarding your prior comments regarding Bayer, I see no reason that exchange should be removed. The amount set aside certainly covers current anticipated liabilities, and the market seems to have given it a thumbs up. Whether this proves right or wrong will be determined as further evidence of the effects of Roundup come to light. Buy Bayer is a huge company and one way or the other will get though this regardless of whether the Monsanto acquisition proves to be boon or bane to Bayer's future fortunes. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

1. I think minorities's access to quality healthcare is less than the access of whites. This is primarily due to income, the lack of healthcare benefits from the kind of jobs minorities usually have, and the poor quality of services provided under Medicaid in many states. With that said, the urban/rural/and to a lesser extent suburban demographics in the USA are probably a greater contributing factor given the way the virus is spread.<<100% agreed, as I said your point is not lost, was just going for perspective there

2. To me its a damn disgrace because as a country, the USA should be able to do better by its legal residents. It is troubling to say the least, that aside from Haiti, all the Caribbean countries as of now, seem to have done a better job handling this despite having far fewer resources at their disposal.<<<ALWAYS room for improvement

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

And I am saying its a damn (I should use a stronger word) disgrace that blacks and Hispanics in the USA are being so susceptible to Covid-19. It speaks volumes to where this country is and also helps to explain the recent social unrest which will likely explode at some time in the near future.  

To be continued ... 

BTW, I converse with you despite the fact I find some of your views repugnant because I respect your honesty. Unlike some of the hypocrites on this board, you express your views loud and clear. I can deal with that. 

If u can't stand behind your views dont express them. Thats how I look at it

When it comes to personal health you have a personal responsibility to keep yourself in good health outside of health conditions u obviously can't control 

26 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

If u can't stand behind your views dont express them. Thats how I look at it

When it comes to personal health you have a personal responsibility to keep yourself in good health outside of health conditions u obviously can't control 

WTF are you talking about? I always stand behind my views! 

Regarding your second paragraph, when it comes to highly communicable diseases, it is very difficult to protect yourself when others are behaving irresponsibly around you. Let's just leave this alone as we agree to disagree and this is a thread about the market.  

Just now, DarterBlue said:

WTF are you talking about? I always stand behind my views! 

Regarding your second paragraph, when it comes to highly communicable diseases, it is very difficult to protect yourself when others are behaving irresponsibly around you. Let's just leave this alone as we agree to disagree and this is a thread about the market.  

I wasn't talking about you

I was talking in a general stance. That if anyone want to express their views but doesn't stand behind those views than dont express them in the first place 

Well the virus is fucking with the market 

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I wasn't talking about you

I was talking in a general stance. That if anyone want to express their views but doesn't stand behind those views than dont express them in the first place 

Well the virus is fucking with the market 

Yes it is fucking with the market. If the virus continues its current path, the market will sell off. It really is as simple as that, but DJT can't seem to see this. He thinks ignoring it will make it go away. Perhaps in his mind it will but not in the lives and minds of those that move money on Wall Street. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Yes it is fucking with the market. If the virus continues its current path, the market will sell off. It really is as simple as that, but DJT can't seem to see this. He thinks ignoring it will make it go away. Perhaps in his mind it will but not in the lives and minds of those that move money on Wall Street. 

People will sell. They will hold onto cash. They will then buy back in at lower prices to make more profits. 

He sees it and he knows people will make money off of it. 

We all know the nasdaq isn't having a problem but other sectors are 

Hes leaving the cruise ships out to dry well because they are not registered here so why help them 

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I know since ur educated that there is not a cure for everything. And we continue to live our lives. 

You are trying my patience. You can live with HIV AIDS without a cure because you it is not transmitted easily. You usually have to have intimate relations or share a drug needle. With Covid-19, it is very easily transmitted. And that is the difference you are totally ignoring either because you don't want to acknowledge it, or because the opinions you seek out don't want to. Either way, it does not take away the fact that you either need a cure/vaccine for it, or you have to eradicate the virus.

If we don't do one of the two, the economy will be permanently impaired as a "new normal" is created out of necessity. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You are trying my patience. You can live with HIV AIDS without a cure because you it is not transmitted easily. You usually have to have intimate relations or share a drug needle. With Covid-19, it is very easily transmitted. And that is the difference you are totally ignoring either because you don't want to acknowledge it, or because the opinions you seek out don't want to. Either way, it does not take away the fact that you either need a cure/vaccine for it, or you have to eradicate the virus.

If we don't do one of the two, the economy will be permanently impaired as a "new normal" is created out of necessity. 

Well both ways kind of sucks in my opinion

The words new normal makes me want to vomit 🤢 

Its just amazing to me how many people get sick. It boggles my mind. Never understood how so many people get sick 

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Well both ways kind of sucks in my opinion

The words new normal makes me want to vomit 🤢 

Its just amazing to me how many people get sick. It boggles my mind. Never understood how so many people get sick 

Viruses, like some other forms of life, tend to kill their hosts, instead of realizing (I jest here), that they could beneficially coexist with them. Covid-19 is one such virus. It has found a weakness in our species that it exploits to our detriment. 

I am so glad, I am retired. If I were not, I would dread each day I had to go to work. Fortunately, much of what I did for a living could be done remotely. But it would be overly optimistic to believe that I would not have had to have face to face meetings with numerous individuals. That I no longer have to, makes me very thankful! 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Viruses, like some other forms of life, tend to kill their hosts, instead of realizing (I jest here), that they could beneficially coexist with them. Covid-19 is one such virus. It has found a weakness in our species that it exploits to our detriment. 

I am so glad, I am retired. If I were not, I would dread each day I had to go to work. Fortunately, much of what I did for a living could be done remotely. But it would be overly optimistic to believe that I would not have had to have face to face meetings with numerous individuals. That I no longer have to, makes me very thankful! 

I go to work everyday like millions of Americans. Well i hope millions still go to work. I dont evem think twice about it

But I also grew up with 2 parents in the emergency field who comes into contact with everything you can imagine. We never questioned what they could bring home. Its just a way of life for me. 

Like i said I find it perplexing how many americans get sick in this country. Id love to know what they are doing wrong 

19 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I go to work everyday like millions of Americans. Well i hope millions still go to work. I dont evem think twice about it

But I also grew up with 2 parents in the emergency field who comes into contact with everything you can imagine. We never questioned what they could bring home. Its just a way of life for me. 

Like i said I find it perplexing how many americans get sick in this country. Id love to know what they are doing wrong 

Regarding your second paragraph, over the course of your life you have not experienced a virus that was as easily transmitted as this one in the USA. The flu used to be. However, by now many individuals such as the two of us seem to be immune to it.

But this virus is new. So, that broad, based immunity does not exist. Regarding why so many Americans get sick, unfortunately, the USA does not have a very healthy population. At least not for a developed country. It may have to do with the food we eat, as well as too many people leading unhealthy lifestyles, no or little exercise, etc. 

Whenever I see a new healthcare professional, they are amazed at the fact that despite my age I take no medications for any chronic conditions as I don't have any. For me it as been as simple as a four mile daily walk/run coupled with eating animal products very sparingly.