The Stock Market

DarterBlue

24 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Yes but zoom is different than EDU And CHEGG

Zoom is/has been a great stock and it has been my biggest winner this cycle. It is currently extended (gone perpendicular); however, it it pulls back to its 50-day moving average and the market is acting okay, I would recommend buying the shit out of it. It is the only position I have right now that I am going to try and hold regardless of what the market does. 

• Like 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Buying something close to its highs can work very well if the market or group is holding up well. Just don't buy if it's too extended (too far about its 50-day moving average). 

Why buy close to a 52 week high? Some of his stocks are at the 52 week high or just a few points away

The stock i gave him gives him a chance to 6x his money if it gets back to 52 week high

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Why buy close to a 52 week high? Some of his stocks are at the 52 week high or just a few points away

The stock i gave him gives him a chance to 6x his money if it gets back to 52 week high

Because strength often begets strength. Think of this for a moment: The greatest winners often go up 10 fold or more. In order to get there, they must make many, many, many 52-week highs along the way. The only caveat I have is this: If you are going to buy strong stocks make sure you do so on pullbacks or emerging out of consolidations. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Because strength often begets strength. Think of this for a moment: The greatest winners often go up 10 fold or more. In order to get there, they must make many, many, many 52-week highs along the way. The only caveat I have is this: If you are going to buy strong stocks make sure you do so on pullbacks or emerging out of consolidations. 

Yes u have a point but think about it they hit their 52 week high during the greatest economy ever. Obv with corona and such the economy is not doing as well. Can they hold their 52 week high or will the shorts win and bring it back down esp with 0 answers on education in september 

So education has become risky in terms of stocks 

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes u have a point but think about it they hit their 52 week high during the greatest economy ever. Obv with corona and such the economy is not doing as well. Can they hold their 52 week high or will the shorts win and bring it back down esp with 0 answers on education in september 

So education has become risky in terms of stocks 

At least one of the education stocks, EDU, is a Chinese company. They teach English to Chinese adults. My son who lives in China is very familiar with them as they were a competitor of the company he taught with over two years when he was in Wuxi. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Biden will have no effect, positive or negative on the stock market. He is Obama light. And in case you are wondering, Obama's stock market went up quite nicely. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Basically, when you buy growth, you buy stocks near their highs. When you buy cyclical stocks you buy them on the right side of a U shaped base. Different stocks are attractive at different places. Never buy a stock at its absolute low. You have no idea if it has bottomed and it may be on the way to zero. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Basically, when you buy growth, you buy stocks near their highs. When you buy cyclical stocks you buy them on the right side of a U shaped base. Different stocks are attractive at different places. Never buy a stock at its absolute low. You have no idea if it has bottomed and it may be on the way to zero. 

Well i guess that my problem. I keep trying to buy at the bottom for the utmost growth 

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

At least one of the education stocks, EDU, is a Chinese company. The teach English to Chinese adults. My son who lives in China is very familiar with them as they were a competitor of the company he taught for for two years when he was in Wuxi. 

Yes my buddy went to china to teach English 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Only 8000 points in 8 years. Not exactly amazing 

You have to look at the percentage gain. The DOW was well under 10,000 when it bottomed after the 2008/09 bear market. Markets more than doubled during Obama's tenure from the bottom to when he exited. So far, he has done better than Trump.