The Stock Market

DarterBlue

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Probably. Lots of money to make in tesla if you believe the EV movement will get substantial 

It will as the technology will only improve. And, TSLA is the leader, at least for now. It has a great head start and brand recognition over the competition. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

It will as the technology will only improve. And, TSLA is the leader, at least for now. It has a great head start and brand recognition over the competition. 

Well i guess yeah with the amount of pansies we have running around the country they will buy teslas and such

I'm an internal combustion gas kinda guy. I'm a sucker for a loud powerful engine 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Well i guess yeah with the amount of pansies we have running around the country they will buy teslas and such

I'm an internal combustion gas kinda guy. I'm a sucker for a loud powerful engine 

Have you ever driven one? They are actually a pretty cool ride. Haven't bought one, but at some stage I might. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Have you ever driven one? They are actually a pretty cool ride. Haven't bought one, but at some stage I might. 

No i have no intention of driving one

Call me old school man. I hate all the technology in today's cars. Drives me crazy 

I might be 33 but I'm not a fan of today's world esp when it comes to technology

Give me an old school car from like the 40s or at least a late 1960s mustang 

Stocks closed broadly lower on slightly lower volume today. Moreover, they closed at or about day lows. For most of the session, the NASDAQ held up well and at one stage was up about .75%. However, in the final hour and a half, it, too, rolled over. At the close, the range was from a loss of .75% on the NASDAQ 100 to a loss of 1.92% on the MID Cap index. Losing stocks led by margins of over 3-1 on the NYSE and 2.5-1 on the NASDAQ. The day was decidedly bearish. The only redeeming factors were: 1. Volume was not particularly high, indicating that institutions were not rushing to the door. 2. The NASDAQ, which has been the leading index in this Covid-19 bull market, led again today and maintained strength for most of the session. So, what is my take? For now, I remain bullish. However, I was disappointed that the day after we got through resistance on the DOW and S&P, today we fell through the resistance area. So, at best, we are back to the trading range for the indices excluding the NASDAQ ones, that we have been in since June 11. Disappointing, but that’s what you get sometimes.

On a personal note we sold the calls on NKLA today for a loss of $5,538.08. Clearly this was disappointing. However, it was not surprising, as these types of trade rarely work for me; which is why I stay away from them most of the time. I replaced NKLA with a position in Lowe’s Corporation. The decision was from among: LOW, HD and COST. I ended up with LOW. It is not off to a great start as it closed below my purchase price. However, it and HD seem to have done well during the pandemic. They were both deemed essential and were never forced to shutter. And with people more at home than normal, they have benefitted. We shall see how it goes. On the day I was down $4,555.10 or .81%, slightly outperforming the market. My big losers were: The S&P Calls, MDY, the NKLA calls (as NKLA crashed below its 50-day moving average) and LCII. These were offset by a solid gain in SHOP and more modest gains in TTD and ZM. TEAM, was essentially unchanged on the day. It would be nice if the averages held firm tomorrow. But wishes are just that. As such we will be prepared for any eventuality.

20 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Stocks closed broadly lower on slightly lower volume today. Moreover, they closed at or about day lows. For most of the session, the NASDAQ held up well and at one stage was up about .75%. However, in the final hour and a half, it, too, rolled over. At the close, the range was from a loss of .75% on the NASDAQ 100 to a loss of 1.92% on the MID Cap index. Losing stocks led by margins of over 3-1 on the NYSE and 2.5-1 on the NASDAQ. The day was decidedly bearish. The only redeeming factors were: 1. Volume was not particularly high, indicating that institutions were not rushing to the door. 2. The NASDAQ, which has been the leading index in this Covid-19 bull market, led again today and maintained strength for most of the session. So, what is my take? For now, I remain bullish. However, I was disappointed that the day after we got through resistance on the DOW and S&P, today we fell through the resistance area. So, at best, we are back to the trading range for the indices excluding the NASDAQ ones, that we have been in since June 11. Disappointing, but that’s what you get sometimes.

On a personal note we sold the calls on NKLA today for a loss of $5,538.08. Clearly this was disappointing. However, it was not surprising, as these types of trade rarely work for me; which is why I stay away from them most of the time. I replaced NKLA with a position in Lowe’s Corporation. The decision was from among: LOW, HD and COST. I ended up with LOW. It is not off to a great start as it closed below my purchase price. However, it and HD seem to have done well during the pandemic. They were both deemed essential and were never forced to shutter. And with people more at home than normal, they have benefitted. We shall see how it goes. On the day I was down $4,555.10 or .81%, slightly outperforming the market. My big losers were: The S&P Calls, MDY, the NKLA calls (as NKLA crashed below its 50-day moving average) and LCII. These were offset by a solid gain in SHOP and more modest gains in TTD and ZM. TEAM, was essentially unchanged on the day. It would be nice if the averages held firm tomorrow. But wishes are just that. As such we will be prepared for any eventuality.

Didn’t you say you were gonna stop trading?

37 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Didn’t you say you were gonna stop trading?

No, I did not. I said I was not as optimistic on the market as I had been. But as of now, the market has held in there. There are warning signs, but the market has not signaled a top yet. I am a trend follower. And the trend is still up. I have shifted some of my resources into lower Beta issues. LOW, is way less risky than NKLA is. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

No, I did not. I said I was not as optimistic on the market as I had been. But as of now, the market has held in there. There are warning signs, but the market has not signaled a top yet. I am a trend follower. And the trend is still up. I have shifted some of my resources into lower Beta issues. LOW, is way less risky than NKLA is. 

You look into any solar panel companies? I feel like they shoul be going up soon

41 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You look into any solar panel companies? I feel like they shoul be going up soon

If I had more confidence in the market run accelerating and lasting through the end of the year at a minimum, one solar stock I would seriously consider buying is: Solaredge Technologies. It is an Israeli company that trades in the USA and derives a lot of business here. It's symbol is, SEDG. It has been on my watch list for a long time and I almost pulled the trigger on it more than once. 

57 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

NKLA was the equivalent of The Fyre festival performing on USA academys campus  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

NKLA was the equivalent of The Fyre festival performing on USA academys campus  

You have to divorce the stock from the company. Clearly I mistimed entry into the stock (or the options). But I am unclear what the long term prospects for the company are. The thing is, the stock is not performing as I expected it to, and the long term prospects for the company will take a few years to play out at a minimum. I am a trader, so, if the market is not respecting the stock, then I don't want to own it. I am not bright or knowledgeable enough to assess the long term prospects of the company. And even if I were, I am looking to make money in the hear and now, given the nature of this bull market and also the economic and social backdrop. It did not follow through on what I thought was a breakout even though its competitors were strong. Therefore, I took my loss while it was manageable.

That is the way that I trade. I bat about .55 over the long term. However, the ratio of my profits to the ratio of losses on each trade is about 3/1 over the long haul. So I have been quite profitable despite only a relatively small edge in my win/loss ratio. Unless you are truly talented this is the way to make profits over the long haul trading. Cut your losses quickly and manage position size. Let your profits run.  

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

11:03 and still grinding on the market doing NightTrading 

CD069039-C4CE-4AB9-A8C7-39EBDE7CDFFF.png

This will not end well. I have tried to give you advice to save you from yourself. But some of us have to learn the hard way. Like I have said before, when one takes the mother of all losses they either: 1. Quit. 2. Figure out they need a strategy that can be net profitable consistently. 3. Become a mark and get used by professionals. 

You need to chose who you are. But one thing I can say is buying that kind of speculative shit is bound to be net negative over time. Yes, you will have a few spectacular wins. But you will have much more spectacular losses. Also, don't devote so much time to this. I spend about 5 hours a day. It is my job in retirement. But most of the five hours is not spent trading. It is spent: 1. Monitoring the market, hourly. 2. Filtering for new long or short (if I am bearish) positions based on the criteria I use. 3. Reading the ramblings of a few select market analysts that I respect. 4. Doing some research with the help of the son I have at home into modified strategies based on deep dives into the effects of modifying certain indicators I use. 5. Doing my daily diary on the market.

Less than 2% of my time is spent on actual trading itself. In fact I would argue that if you spend all your time trading, unless you are a professional looking to scalp from the nubes, you are allowing yourself to become an addict and not developing professional skills that you will need to become consistently, net profitable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

This will not end well. I have tried to give you advice to save you from yourself. But some of us have to learn the hard way. Like I have said before, when one takes the mother of all losses they either: 1. Quit. 2. Figure out they need a strategy that can be net profitable consistently. 3. Become a mark and get used by professionals. 

You need to chose who you are. But one thing I can say is buying that kind of speculative shit is bound to be net negative over time. Yes, you will have a few spectacular wins. But you will have much more spectacular losses. Also, don't devote so much time to this. I spend about 5 hours a day. It is my job in retirement. But most of the five hours is not spent trading. It is spent: 1. Monitoring the market, hourly. 2. Filtering for new long or short (if I am bearish) positions based on the criteria I use. 3. Reading the ramblings of a few select market analysts that I respect. 4. Doing some research with the help of the son I have at home into modified strategies based on deep dives into the effects of modifying certain indicators I use. 5. Doing my daily diary on the market.

Less than 2% of my time is spent on actual trading itself. In fact I would argue that if you spend all your time trading, unless you are a professional looking to scalp from the nubes, you are allowing yourself to become an addict and not developing professional skills that you will need to become consistently, net profitable. 

I sold within 3 mins, made my $60 bucks and happy,

PlayStation just accepted dodgecoin and that meter just kept shooting up. I sold way to early but I wanted to make sure I sold before it went down