Max Preps All Decade High School teams

Fred

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

It was a top 3 down to LSU, UF and UGA but what was eventually a deal breaker was none of the 3 would offer his younger brother a scholarship as he was trying to use everyone wanting him as a way to get his younger brother into a college as well and Ole Miss was the only school that I'm aware of in the SEC to meet those demands 

I doubt Ole Miss was the only School in SEC however willing to pay him to come to their school 

Cmon man Ole Miss was notorious for going crazy with bags.   

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

But more Cali kats. Lol. 

40.1 million population for California vs 10.6 for Georgia.  I'd be down right embarrassed if I lived in California and didn't have more players listed than GA.  GA has the smallest population of the top 4 states by a long shot.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

You telling me that you didn't think anyone besides Ole Miss would have paid Laremy to sign him?

Not at all, but Ole Miss was over the top at the time.    Right now it's UGA and A&M,  Clemson used to be really bad, but now they don't have to be.  

It requires deeper insight than just population   African Americans Make up 57% of college football teams, and 64% of men's basketball players  African Americans  predominate in football and basketball, .

A True look at each State.   Cali is actually over performing in reality. 

California: 36.6% Hispanic 14.7% Asian  5.8% Black or African American

Georgia:  30.5% Black or African American  8.8% Hispanic   3.2% Asian

Roughly 55% of the black population lives in the south and southeast regions of the United States.  

Cali has over 4.9 million Asians damn near half the population of Ga.  Diversity and Culture vastly different between the two.  The population of Cali is extremely diverse.  Ga has more of the demographic that comprises Football players at the top.  

Black Population 2019;   1 million more of this population with kids than Cali in a Southern Football Culture State. 

Georgia   3,195,363  31.03%

Cali:        2,164,519  5.53%

Mississippi has 2.9 million people I am willing to bet they have more top football players than Massachusetts with 4 million more people at 6.9 🤣

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Fred said:

40.1 million population for California vs 10.6 for Georgia.  I'd be down right embarrassed if I lived in California and didn't have more players listed than GA.  GA has the smallest population of the top 4 states by a long shot.

Of course all of the folks that come from Asia or Latin America and all the other countries that come here, love playing football.  We been down this road plenty of times.  How many HSFB participants are there in each state?  But, if it helps you sleep at night have at it.  I mean y'all are still what top 6 in the country as a state?  Not bad. LOL

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

It requires deeper insight than just population   African Americans Make up 57% of college football teams, and 64% of men's basketball players  African Americans  predominate in football and basketball, .

Roughly 55% of the black population lives in the south and southeast regions of the United States.  

Cali has over 4.9 million Asians damn near half the population of Ga.  Diversity and Culture vastly different between the two.  The population of Cali is extremely diverse.  Ga has more of the demographic that comprises Football players at the top.  

Black Population 2019;   1 million more of this population with kids than Cali in a Southern Football Culture State. 

Mississippi has 2.9 million people I am willing to bet they have more top football players than Massachusetts with 4 million more people at 6.9 🤣

Ha, I read this after I responded to homeboy.  Preach brother!

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, DevilDog said:

How many more white people does CA have than GA? I'm assuming whites make up the majority of the remaining 45% of college football players.

It's misleading when you try to make this argument while ignoring the other 45% of football players. I understand, acknowledging this would not fit the narrative when referring to CA, TX, and FL.

There are roughly 14 million whites (non-hispanic) in CA compared to roughly 5.5 million in GA.

That's nearly 20 million compared almost 9 million for the two races that make up college football players.

There are also more local universities (in state) in CA that offer scholarships that GA. Same is true for both FL and TX. 

15 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

How many more white people does CA have than GA? I'm assuming whites make up the majority of the remaining 45% of college football players.

It's misleading when you try to make this argument while ignoring the other 45% of football players. I understand, acknowledging this would not fit the narrative when referring to CA, TX, and FL.

You’re eliminating the vast number of Pacific Islander kids that play out here.Although a small % population wise they take many spots on football teams.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I lived in Cali 13 years in San Diego. 8th largest city in America.  There are more Filipinos than blacks.  The white kids in San Diego for the most part have never been to a damn HS football game ever.  I bet you have more roller skaters and body boarders than H.S. football players.  Not like that in the South big difference  in culture.   Plus NorCal well DLS is all you need to know.  Big difference in Colquitt  County or a Tucker compared to Dorsey in LA or Crawford in San Diego.  

There are more Whites in Texas than Maine and we have HS Ice Hockey.  Care to bet who has better Ice Hockey players.  

The SEC looks like old HBCU's right now.  The PAC12 looks like a football experiment on diversity.  Cultures.  You have 1 Tagoviola.  They have 80 dudes with names like that.

FL and GA have more blacks than CA and TX with 1/3 their populations. 

Texas and Cali have HS football teams that are majority Mexican and a lot of them.  That's why in Cali Sumthing Sumthing valley suck and El Paso teams never win a damn thing. I bet each of those States have more of those kids playing than Ga does white kids and black kids combined

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

You’re eliminating the vast number of Pacific Islander kids that play out here.Although a small % population wise they take many spots on football teams.

It's hard for them to understand diversity to a region that is basically black and White.  Remember they are the South and I mean the real South.    White kids in San Diego for the most part are not dying to go see Pt. Loma HS football on Fridays.  But Boss Hogg  County Ga are painted faces on Wednesday's for the local game with Bubba County on Friday.  There are more White Kids at Mission Bay on Friday's than playing HS Football. 

Example A.  None of this in the real South. This happens on the border with Tijuana as well.  

Football in the Land of Bridges and Walls

In the border town of Brownsville, Texas, the high school game is on the front lines of the immigration debate. We follow a player who crosses every day from Mexico to pursue the American dream, and play the American sport

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

It's hard for them to understand diversity to a region that is basically black and White.  Remember they are the South and I mean the real South.    White kids in San Diego for the most part are not dying to go see Pt. Loma HS football on Fridays.  But Boss Hogg  County Ga are painted faces on Wednesday's for the local game with Bubba County on Friday.  There are more White Kids at Mission Bay on Friday's than playing HS Football. 

Example A.  None of this in the real South. This happens on the border with Tijuana as well.  

Football in the Land of Bridges and Walls

In the border town of Brownsville, Texas, the high school game is on the front lines of the immigration debate. We follow a player who crosses every day from Mexico to pursue the American dream, and play the American sport

Exactly! There are many high schools here in California as well as Texas that the whole football team is Latino...not a white kid to be seen.The main demographic that has moved away from playing football here is Caucasian kid because of the concussion issues 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It also has to include participants.  How many participants does every state have in football?  This has to be included to get the real numbers.

8 hours ago, Ararar said:

Exactly! There are many high schools here in California as well as Texas that the whole football team is Latino...not a white kid to be seen.The main demographic that has moved away from playing football here is Caucasian kid because of the concussion issues 

And I'd be willing to bet there are more teams made up of all whites than there are teams made up of Hispanics.

Either way, there are more schools and more participants in CA than GA. Too say CA actually overachieves is inaccurate no matter how many times you try to move the goal posts.

11 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I've looked it up before and CA has far more players playing high school football than GA.

Yes. 1. TX 2. CA. 3. FL 

6 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

And I'd be willing to bet there are more teams made up of all whites than there are teams made up of Hispanics.

Either way, there are more schools and more participants in CA than GA. Too say CA actually overachieves is inaccurate no matter how many times you try to move the goal posts.

I don’t think so. There are a few school districts near MD alone in OC that are nearly entirely Hispanic. 

59105281-3F89-4C1B-9C13-90027F1CB036.jpeg

26 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Texas had over 165k HSFB players!!!  Dang that's crazy!!!  That almost doubles Cali.  I hope we can slowly reduce that gap.  Would be nice to see Cali grow in participants.  

Texas is growing, schools are opening up left n right so that coupled with large program size = huge participation #s overall 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Texas had over 165k HSFB players!!!  Dang that's crazy!!!  That almost doubles Cali.  I hope we can slowly reduce that gap.  Would be nice to see Cali grow in participants.  

Definitely. Didn’t know the #’s were that different. It’s the culture man. Out here, some kids could care less about what’s going on with the football team. In TX, it seems like all of the students want to be involved with the team in some capacity even if it’s just making sure they’re in the stands supporting during every game.

• Like 3

On 4/8/2020 at 12:12 AM, DevilDog said:

Quit making sense, that shit don’t fly around here🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3