Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fred

Max Preps All Decade High School teams

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

How many blacks play football in CA? Is this total higher than GA?

Idk, maybe you can find the numbers. I'd be surprised if their were less. Do you disagree?

The population numbers in each state would suggest that less African American kids play in California.3million in GA 2million in California 

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Need to go to Watts/Compton/Oakland/Fresno etc in the soul food areas and get a nice grassroots program going with strong publics and delete the power private bullshit and this convo will be over in a minute. 
 

BGW 

It was like this in 80’s and early 90’s with Publics like Carson,Banning,LBP,Crenshaw and Dorsey as well as others then came the age of the private 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.  This should help with some perspective

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/02/football-white-flight-racial-divide/581623/

But black kids in lower-income communities without a lot of other sports available are still flocking to football. In keeping with America’s general racial demographics, white boys continue to make up the majority of youth-tackle-football players, according to data from the Sports and Fitness Industry Association. But proportionally, the scales appear to be shifting. A recent survey of 50,000 eighth-, tenth-, and 12th-grade students found that about 44 percent of black boys play tackle football, compared with 29 percent of white boys, as analyzed by the University of Michigan sociologist Philip Veliz. Football at the high-school level is growing in popularity in states with the highest shares of black people, while it’s declining in majority-white states. Other recent studies suggest that more black adults support youth tackle football than white adults.

This trend has become particularly visible as majority-white towns such as Ridgefield, New Jersey, and Healdsburg, California, have dropped their varsity-football programs due to a lack of interest. Meanwhile, in Lee County, Georgia, a majority-black area near where the Jacksons live, a coach recently started a new travel football team for kids to provide them with guidance and mentorship. These racial divides show up in the football that America watches: Today black athletes make up nearly half of all Division I college-football players, up from 39 percent in 2000. White athletes make up 37 percent, down from 51 percent.

Meanwhile, in colquitt county, where the Jacksons live, football remains the biggest thing around. The county’s population is just 45,000, but it’s not unusual for the 10,000-seat high-school stadium to be full of local fans for Friday-night games. Timmy Barnes, a former player who later traveled with the football team as a police officer, has called Colquitt County “a community who only has football.” He wrote that after Rush Propst, the high-school coach, was nearly suspended after head-butting a player but was saved when he apologized and the community rallied around him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the better and well know Teams in San Diego Area and Mater Dei for affect.  I would bet Ga. has more African Americans playing HS football by a long shot over Cali. 

Mater Dei High SchoolThat is Mater Dei. Diversity.  

Oceanside HS Pirates.  

Oceanside Trumps Helix to Secure Open Division Football Title ...

Reggie Bush's HS 

2012 High school football preview

This is Crawford HS in S.E. San Diego not to far from El Cajon BLVD. This is inner city San Diego with 1.4million people but only about 80k black people;  There are 35K Somalians in San Diego and damn near all of them are in this area. 😁 This is a major City.  Savannah Ga   has more blacks than the 6th largest city in America.  All of San Diego county has 165K black people out of a population of  3,060,849.  Now dissect that. 

San Diego: White: 64.75% Asian: 16.74% Black or African American: 6.51%

The population of Savannah, GA is 54.2% Black or African American Alone, 36.2% White Alone, and 4.79% Hispanic or Latino.  Savannah about 80k black people. 

All is illuminated for Crawford - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Some of the better and well know Teams in San Diego Area and Mater Dei for affect.  I would bet Ga. has more African Americans playing HS football by a long shot over Cali. 

Mater Dei High SchoolThat is Mater Dei. Diversity.  

Oceanside HS Pirates.  

Oceanside Trumps Helix to Secure Open Division Football Title ...

Reggie Bush's HS 

2012 High school football preview

This is Crawford HS in S.E. San Diego not to far from El Cajon BLVD. This is inner city San Diego with 1.4million people but only about 90k black people;  There are 35K Somalians in San Diego and damn near all of them are in this area. 😁 This is a major City.  Savannah Ga   has more blacks than the 6th largest city in America.  All of San Diego county has 165K black people out of a population of  3,060,849.  Now dissect that. 

San Diego was: White: 64.75% Asian: 16.74% Black or African American: 6.51%

The population of Savannah, GA is 54.2% Black or African American Alone, 36.2% White Alone, and 4.79% Hispanic or Latino.  Savannah about 80k black people. 

All is illuminated for Crawford - The San Diego Union-Tribune

That’s why some random Utah took Helix to the cleaners last year. Makes sense now! When Utah has more soul than you, you need to do some soul searching. Lol. 
 

i just made that up. When you need some black people to make your product better, it’s called soul searching 😂😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That’s why some random Utah took Helix to the cleaners last year. Makes sense now! When Utah has more soul than you, you need to do some soul searching. Lol. 
 

i just made that up. When you need some black people to make your product better, it’s called soul searching 😂😂😂

When is the last time you heard of some public San Diego team running wild. Oceanside where most of the kids are Marine's Children had a small run but those damn kids are from all over while their parents are at Camp Pendleton.  That's a fact.  Most of Oceanside is Pacific Islanders and Cholo's   😎

Meanwhile a quick glance at Florida .  The Knotty State . 

Apopka High School on Twitter: "Crazy Blue and White day ...

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ararar said:

It was like this in 80’s and early 90’s with Publics like Carson,Banning,LBP,Crenshaw and Dorsey as well as others then came the age of the private 

Serious missteps by the Publics obviously.

Thanks,

BGW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Some of the better and well know Teams in San Diego Area and Mater Dei for affect.  I would bet Ga. has more African Americans playing HS football by a long shot over Cali. 

Mater Dei High SchoolThat is Mater Dei. Diversity.  

Oceanside HS Pirates.  

Oceanside Trumps Helix to Secure Open Division Football Title ...

Reggie Bush's HS 

2012 High school football preview

This is Crawford HS in S.E. San Diego not to far from El Cajon BLVD. This is inner city San Diego with 1.4million people but only about 80k black people;  There are 35K Somalians in San Diego and damn near all of them are in this area. 😁 This is a major City.  Savannah Ga   has more blacks than the 6th largest city in America.  All of San Diego county has 165K black people out of a population of  3,060,849.  Now dissect that. 

San Diego: White: 64.75% Asian: 16.74% Black or African American: 6.51%

The population of Savannah, GA is 54.2% Black or African American Alone, 36.2% White Alone, and 4.79% Hispanic or Latino.  Savannah about 80k black people. 

All is illuminated for Crawford - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Now if Savannah had good coaching...... 

In general all the good Athletes in Savannah go to Jenkins,Benedictine, Savannah Christian, Calvary Day or Islands... 

Jenkins and Island HS are the only public's that do anything in this area... 

The privates run the show over here... 

I mean if you want to count Richmond Hills in they're Good... But they're metro Savannah... 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Some of the better and well know Teams in San Diego Area and Mater Dei for affect.  I would bet Ga. has more African Americans playing HS football by a long shot over Cali. 

Mater Dei High SchoolThat is Mater Dei. Diversity.  

Oceanside HS Pirates.  

Oceanside Trumps Helix to Secure Open Division Football Title ...

Reggie Bush's HS 

2012 High school football preview

This is Crawford HS in S.E. San Diego not to far from El Cajon BLVD. This is inner city San Diego with 1.4million people but only about 80k black people;  There are 35K Somalians in San Diego and damn near all of them are in this area. 😁 This is a major City.  Savannah Ga   has more blacks than the 6th largest city in America.  All of San Diego county has 165K black people out of a population of  3,060,849.  Now dissect that. 

San Diego: White: 64.75% Asian: 16.74% Black or African American: 6.51%

The population of Savannah, GA is 54.2% Black or African American Alone, 36.2% White Alone, and 4.79% Hispanic or Latino.  Savannah about 80k black people. 

All is illuminated for Crawford - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Thing with GA is you gotta be careful playing the demographic game... 

You have some areas where the HS doesn't match the demographic... 

Example Tucker HS... 

The city of Tucker is a suburb of North Atlanta and is mostly white but the HS is Mostly Black. 

Now this means one of 2 things:

The white population doesn't have as many kids attending this particular school or the HS while it has the city name is just using the zipcode... There are several hundred schools in GA like this and Gwinnett county for sure is the biggest offender of the zipcode rule... But we won't get into how Grayson isn't actually in Loganville... Or Archer is in God knows where... Or how no one really knows where the hell Mill Creek actually is... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Thing with GA is you gotta be careful playing the demographic game... 

You have some areas where the HS doesn't match the demographic... 

Example Tucker HS... 

The city of Tucker is a suburb of North Atlanta and is mostly white but the HS is Mostly Black. 

Now this means one of 2 things:

The white population doesn't have as many kids attending this particular school or the HS while it has the city name is just using the zipcode... There are several hundred schools in GA like this and Gwinnett county for sure is the biggest offender of the zipcode rule... But we won't get into how Grayson isn't actually in Loganville... Or Archer is in God knows where... Or how no one really knows where the hell Mill Creek actually is... 

Isn't Mill Creek in Hoschton? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Thing with GA is you gotta be careful playing the demographic game... 

You have some areas where the HS doesn't match the demographic... 

Example Tucker HS... 

The city of Tucker is a suburb of North Atlanta and is mostly white but the HS is Mostly Black. 

Now this means one of 2 things:

The white population doesn't have as many kids attending this particular school or the HS while it has the city name is just using the zipcode... There are several hundred schools in GA like this and Gwinnett county for sure is the biggest offender of the zipcode rule... But we won't get into how Grayson isn't actually in Loganville... Or Archer is in God knows where... Or how no one really knows where the hell Mill Creek actually is... 

Tucker is not as you paint it.

I know where all of those schools are. 😎

But to your point about demographics, GA is pockets of everyone from everywhere.  Gwinnett county is one of the most diverse counties in the nation. 2nd most populous in the state, projected to be #1 in 10 years or so.  Just under a million in population.  23 high schools, 18 football playing.  Students come from 181 countries and speak over 100 languages.  Here is a breakdown -

African American - 32%
Asian/Pacific Islander - 11%
Caucasian - 21%
Hispanic/Latino - 32%
Multiracial - 4%

source - http://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/wcm/connect/280e3b29-ecd3-4750-819c-9c919b704d10/2019-20-GCPS-By-the-Numbers_6.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=mR5iRrB

Our schools do pretty well in football and other sports.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fred said:

Tucker is not as you paint it.

I know where all of those schools are. 😎

But to your point about demographics, GA is pockets of everyone from everywhere.  Gwinnett county is one of the most diverse counties in the nation. 2nd most populous in the state, projected to be #1 in 10 years or so.  Just under a million in population.  23 high schools, 18 football playing.  Students come from 181 countries and speak over 100 languages.  Here is a breakdown -

African American - 32%
Asian/Pacific Islander - 11%
Caucasian - 21%
Hispanic/Latino - 32%
Multiracial - 4%

source - http://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/wcm/connect/280e3b29-ecd3-4750-819c-9c919b704d10/2019-20-GCPS-By-the-Numbers_6.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=mR5iRrB

Our schools do pretty well in football and other sports.

Where is Tucker HS exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no County in California or Texas with nearly a million people that is majority African American - and none with over 22%.  That's a uniquely southern Trait.  Even the biggest cities in Counties with the most African Americans.  

 As a matter of fact there is no County in Texas that has a majority Black population and I'm willing to bet the same for Cali.  

the following is a list of United States counties in which a majority (over 50%) of the population is Black,

The States to make the list of Counties that is 50%+ African american>  What do they have in common?

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina,  Tennessee and Virginia

Florida only had 1 Gadsen County with 57%.   Now look at Ga. And this don't include those 30% -49% or more.  Missicreappi has 25 freaking counties.  Wonder why that is 😎

Georgia
Baker County (50.4%)
Burke County (51.0%)
Calhoun County (60.6%)
Clay County (60.5%)
Clayton County (51.6%)
DeKalb County (54.2%)
Dougherty County (60.1%)
Hancock County (77.8%)
Jefferson County (56.3%)
Macon County (59.5%)
Randolph County (59.5%)
Stewart County (61.5%)
Talbot County (61.6%)
Taliaferro County (60.3%)
Terrell County (60.7%)
Warren County (59.5%)
Washington County (53.2%)

National rankings counties with the highest Majority of Blacks.  Looks like the SEC 🤣
Jefferson County, Mississippi (86.49%)
Macon County, Alabama (84.64%)
Claiborne County, Mississippi (84.11%)
Greene County, Alabama (80.34%)
Petersburg City, Virginia (78.97%)
Holmes County, Mississippi (78.66%)
Hancock County, Georgia (77.76%)
Lowndes County, Alabama (73.37%)
Sumter County, Alabama (73.17%)
Bullock County, Alabama (73.11%)
Wilcox County, Alabama (71.90%)
Humphreys County, Mississippi (71.51%)
Allendale County, South Carolina (71.00%)
Tunica County, Mississippi (70.15%)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DevilDog said:

There is no County in California or Texas with nearly a million people that is majority African American - and none with over 22%.  That's a uniquely southern Trait.  Even the biggest cities in Counties with the most African Americans.  

 As a matter of fact there is no County in Texas that has a majority Black population and I'm willing to bet the same for Cali.  

the following is a list of United States counties in which a majority (over 50%) of the population is Black,

The States to make the list of Counties that is 50%+ African american>  What do they have in common?

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina,  Tennessee and Virginia

Florida only had 1 Gadsen County with 57%.   Now look at Ga. And this don't include those 30% -49% or more.  Missicreappi has 25 freaking counties.  Wonder why that is 😎

Georgia
Baker County (50.4%)
Burke County (51.0%)
Calhoun County (60.6%)
Clay County (60.5%)
Clayton County (51.6%)
DeKalb County (54.2%)
Dougherty County (60.1%)
Hancock County (77.8%)
Jefferson County (56.3%)
Macon County (59.5%)
Randolph County (59.5%)
Stewart County (61.5%)
Talbot County (61.6%)
Taliaferro County (60.3%)
Terrell County (60.7%)
Warren County (59.5%)
Washington County (53.2%)

National rankings counties with the highest Majority of Blacks.  Looks like the SEC 🤣
Jefferson County, Mississippi (86.49%)
Macon County, Alabama (84.64%)
Claiborne County, Mississippi (84.11%)
Greene County, Alabama (80.34%)
Petersburg City, Virginia (78.97%)
Holmes County, Mississippi (78.66%)
Hancock County, Georgia (77.76%)
Lowndes County, Alabama (73.37%)
Sumter County, Alabama (73.17%)
Bullock County, Alabama (73.11%)
Wilcox County, Alabama (71.90%)
Humphreys County, Mississippi (71.51%)
Allendale County, South Carolina (71.00%)
Tunica County, Mississippi (70.15%)

And Hancock County has a whopping 8500 residents. I'm sure they have a bad ass football team too...

Oh wait, nevermind...

Same for all the other GA counties listed they probably dominate the high school football rankings.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

And Hancock County has a whopping 8500 residents. I'm sure they have a bad ass football team too...

Oh wait, nevermind...

Same for all the other GA counties listed they probably dominate the high school football rankings.

He mentioned a county with damn near a million people and the majority population over 30% African American.  That does not exist in Texas and Cali.  Neither Dallas or Harris counties.  How many does Dekalb county have 60% and that is one of your more populous counties.  😎.  Just admit The South dominates the demographic that dominates football.

Dekalb County as of the 2010 census, the population was 691,893,[making it Georgia's fourth-most populous county. Its county seat is Decatur.[

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...