Greg Kovacs - Heaviest Bodybuilder of all time

ChimpGrip

9 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

tumblr_oe0m5x1BpQ1s1rjdro1_1280.jpg

I get it he’s big, he was 6’5.  But look at his left arm and shoulder in that pic with cutler and tell me that is not grossly disproportioned.  It’s 2X as big as Cutlers and you know cutler has 22 in arms.  

this photo is natural, doesn’t look disproportioned.  

2 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

And what's crazy is that he wasn't near his peak mass in the video. I believe he was around 350 in the video. 

you are correct he is 400+ plus or was. In the vid he was prepping for a show and had 26' arms. Off season they are much bigger. It really isnt his bicepts, his fucking tris are gigantic. 

Those guys look crazy with their bubble guts and all from doing all those roids man. 

Idk, I'm a novice I guess. I never can see myself as big or whatever, but, after I joined the gym I realized that I was probably above average for my height. There are some bigger dudes in there, but, they are also taller too. A couple of guys look big and shredded, but, their arms probably aren't really as big in circumference. 

Since I got more serious about it, which would be January this year, I have been on the bulking side of my build, but, now that the gym closed, I've started cutting. My goal was 18" before I started cutting, but, the gym closure changed the plan. I never really planned on doing shows or anything really, just trying to improve myself for myself. Then I got started working out with a couple of juicer types and got more serious. Haven't given in to the juicing though. It's just not that serious for me. 

I was 17" bicep flexed with no pump, before I started cutting mid February. Now I'm at 16 3/4, but looking fairly shredded for me, I guess. I suspect that I'll finish cutting at around 16 1/4  to 16 1/2. Idk really, as it's my first time ever really trying to do anything like that. 

It's the damned love handles that I can't shake. It's very difficult to get rid of the low belly fat and love handles... Especially in bulking phase. I was at 208 when I started back at the gym and quickly put on 10 lbs to 218, then at 212 lbs before starting my cut, now I'm at 207. I figure 195-200 is my goal weight to be full on shred with six pack and all, if I can ever achieve that. I can see it lurking under there. xD

It's a lot of work to keep that up on the downhill side of my 40s. 

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Those guys look crazy with their bubble guts and all from doing all those roids man. 

Idk, I'm a novice I guess. I never can see myself as big or whatever, but, after I joined the gym I realized that I was probably above average for my height. There are some bigger dudes in there, but, they are also taller too. A couple of guys look big and shredded, but, their arms probably aren't really as big in circumference. 

Since I got more serious about it, which would be January this year, I have been on the bulking side of my build, but, now that the gym closed, I've started cutting. My goal was 18" before I started cutting, but, the gym closure changed the plan. I never really planned on doing shows or anything really, just trying to improve myself for myself. Then I got started working out with a couple of juicer types and got more serious. Haven't given in to the juicing though. It's just not that serious for me. 

I was 17" bicep flexed with no pump, before I started cutting mid February. Now I'm at 16 3/4, but looking fairly shredded for me, I guess. I suspect that I'll finish cutting at around 16 1/4  to 16 1/2. Idk really, as it's my first time ever really trying to do anything like that. 

It's the damned love handles that I can't shake. It's very difficult to get rid of the low belly fat and love handles... Especially in bulking phase. I was at 208 when I started back at the gym and quickly put on 10 lbs to 218, then at 212 lbs before starting my cut, now I'm at 207. I figure 195-200 is my goal weight to be full on shred with six pack and all, if I can ever achieve that. I can see it lurking under there. xD

It's a lot of work to keep that up on the downhill side of my 40s. 

It's all diet bro. Don't matter how hard you train. Diet is key. If you can stay away from roid heads. Training with them will fuck with you. You will see you are probably working harder but they are getting the gains. Roids work man. They work really well. They aren't a magic pill tho. You have to train like a mfer. The benefits of taking juice is you recover so quickly. You can destroy chest Monda and hit it again Thursday. 

I agree these guys look sick. Way to big. Try to stay natural sounds like you're off to a good start. If you do decide to take them. Go with someone you know. And make sure to have your blood levels checked during cycle. Roids are horrible on the liver.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 6:57 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Before I go any further, I think its important I do a bit to distinguish the difference between bodybuilders, strongmen, and powerlifters. The latter two train primarily for strength, while bodybuilders train to have the best and most proportionate physique possible. 

Him in a picture below with 5'10" 260 pound Jay Cutler - who had 22 inch arms by the way

kovacs.jpg

Since you seem a student of the histories of your sports...I wonder if you have ever heard a friend I knew....

He had 24 inch arms (fat, 22 in competition), at only 16/17 years old 😲 ....

And I guarantee he was shorter than you...🤣

Here's an old clip...(skip intro to 1:40)

No ... you don't get that way without juice.... and lots and lots of needles.

If you check your history....that makes for a very very rocky road.

I hear he is doing better today tho. 👍  all the best...

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

It's all diet bro. Don't matter how hard you train. Diet is key. If you can stay away from roid heads. Training with them will fuck with you. You will see you are probably working harder but they are getting the gains. Roids work man. They work really well. They aren't a magic pill tho. You have to train like a mfer. The benefits of taking juice is you recover so quickly. You can destroy chest Monda and hit it again Thursday. 

I agree these guys look sick. Way to big. Try to stay natural sounds like you're off to a good start. If you do decide to take them. Go with someone you know. And make sure to have your blood levels checked during cycle. Roids are horrible on the liver.

Yeah, I eat pretty clean, and surprisingly enough, I think working out with those two guys helped me and fucks with them more than it fucks with me. Haha. 

They like doing super sets, and thinking they'll outwork me or whatever. Then the next night they'll be like "What up bro?! You sore?" Then I'm usually not, but they are. I think my preworkout is the difference, but idk. Before I started using any preworkout anything, I was getting sore almost every night, but after I found what worked for me, I saw my abilities increase significantly and I literally try to get sore and barely can. I lift until dead and can't get one more rep and still am never really sore. 

Not trying to get any shameless advertising for any company, but, Muscle Monster has worked wonders for me in both energy for the workout and having less soreness the next day. And damn they're like drinking melted ice cream or.something too. I love that shit. xD

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

Since you seem a student of the histories of your sports...I wonder if you have ever heard a friend I knew....

He had 24 inch arms (fat, 22 in competition), at only 16/17 years old 😲 ....

And I guarantee he was shorter than you...🤣

Here's an old clip...(skip intro to 1:40)

No ... you don't get that way without juice.... and lots and lots of needles.

If you check your history....that makes for a very very rocky road.

I hear he is doing better today tho. 👍  all the best...

Dude was a teenage beast. Didn't he get into crack and pills and end up I'm prison?

Just now, thc6795 said:

Dude was a teenage beast. Didn't he get into crack and pills and end up I'm prison?

Eventually it became basically anything, but like I said, I heard he is fine now after many, many years...

This thread just kind of reminded me that I haven't talked to some friends in a while....

He had family I was friendly with as well, hopefully by summer we can get back out to the beaches ...🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, I eat pretty clean, and surprisingly enough, I think working out with those two guys helped me and fucks with them more than it fucks with me. Haha. 

They like doing super sets, and thinking they'll outwork me or whatever. Then the next night they'll be like "What up bro?! You sore?" Then I'm usually not, but they are. I think my preworkout is the difference, but idk. Before I started using any preworkout anything, I was getting sore almost every night, but after I found what worked for me, I saw my abilities increase significantly and I literally try to get sore and barely can. I lift until dead and can't get one more rep and still am never really sore. 

Not trying to get any shameless advertising for any company, but, Muscle Monster has worked wonders for me in both energy for the workout and having less soreness the next day. And damn they're like drinking melted ice cream or.something too. I love that shit. xD

Muscle monster is a good clean product. I take PMD products myself. CM nitro incredible pumps it's a nitric oxcide  booster. I also take pump fuel pre-work out. I take caffeine free one because I hate the speeder feeling, plus if I won't to workout late I can.

If you're not getting sore after your workout it's time to change it up or you'll hit a wall big-time. Muscles have big time memory they get used to the load. You have to shock them. Everything from weight, excersise's to what time you work out. Keep your body guessing and it will grow. Not workout to workout. Cycle like 5 weeks than change it up.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thc6795 said:

"big" arms for you 17"  "Shredded" 15.5".

Proportionately arms and calves should be around the same size. Unfortunately for me I was just a lunch head that wanted to throw around weight up top. I worked legs just not as hard or often as upper body. A lot had to do with my knees. Quite a bit of marching and running in the Corps. I have 18.5' arms calves are 16.5 on leg day after a good pump. 

Hardest part of training is the diet. It really is 90%. You can work your ass off. You can even cheat and take chems. But if you are not eating right it is all for not. Another lesson I learned late in the game.

I know nobody asked me, but those measurements made me wonder about my calves. I have always been known for them but never actually measured them.

I will be 72 years old in 7 weeks. When I was out for football in HS, we only had a universal machine and a few barbells. As a 160 lb slotback, I used to do 4 sets of 6 at 440 lbs on the leg press, back when that was considered pretty darn good. I don't work out with weights at all any more, and didn't lift very much after HS. Some, but not much. Anyway, about a dozen years ago, I was curious if I could come anywhere near that as a senior citizen. To my shock, I was able to do one set of six at 400 lbs. I didn't try to do more than one set...I just was curious.

I realize we're talking thigh power, not calves, but I just wanted to brag. Since I don't work out, the only explanation I can think of, is that those legs have been asked to carry around nearly 100 lbs more than they had to in HS.

My legs have always been my strength, and maybe the fact that I didn't get my driver's license until I was 18, and had to get around on my bicycle, had something to do with it. My mom used to say that my calves were so big that I looked deformed .

Anyway, I digress. I just measured my calves at 18 inches. My wife said they don't look as big as they used to. My thighs are 23 inches (22-24 inches depending on where the measurement is supposed to be done). They'd be bigger except I've always had weak hamstrings. (Wish I had known that in HS...I was always ahead of most of our sprinters at 40 yards, only to lose badly during the last 60 yards).

I won't tell you about my arms...they're wimpy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1