• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Thats USA Academy. I'd recognize that construction anywhere. 

Still think it’s hilarious we called bullshit on USA academy since day 1

, that fool tried to build a ipf school and a stadium without permits or zoning ontop of a property that didn’t have any sewage or water pipes within miles, and to add everything off, he thought he can do it in 3 months 

@imaGoodBoyNow  If you have any idea about getting a trailer I would get one now.. All my manufacturers have effective immediately raised their prices 15 to 20%.. It's getting scary

January 7,letin #: WC-2101

NEW MODEL PRICING IN EFFECT STARTING 1/8/2021

Dramatic Increase in Steel and Aluminum Drive Decision

While we would like to put the memory of a difficult 2020 behind us, we all must contend with the realities of the current state of our industry. While demand for cargo trailers remains strong and the forecast for 2021 is positive, we have recently been negatively impacted by an onslaught of double-digit material price increases. As the two charts below clearly demonstrate, steel and aluminum prices have increased dramatically over the last 3 months – an astonishing 55% for steel and 17% for aluminum.

In addition to raw materials, this pricing pressure affects almost every trailer component in the manufacturing process including wheels, axles, couplers, jacks, exterior skin, fenders, and trim. The increases since our last surcharge in November are particularly severe. All our market research indicates this trend is likely to continue well into the new year. In fact, our suppliers are telling us to expect additional increases at the end of the first and second quarters of 2021.

STEEL

c7fd7d41-c992-416b-9935-5d721412473d.png

ALUMINUM

136b3b75-07f9-4815-9c65-4454de250b63.png

S.gif

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

@imaGoodBoyNow  If you have any idea about getting a trailer I would get one now.. All my manufacturers have effective immediately raised their prices 15 to 20%.. It's getting scary

While we would like to put the memory of a difficult 2020 behind us, we all must contend with the realities of the current state of our industry. While demand for cargo trailers remains strong and the forecast for 2021 is positive, we have recently been negatively impacted by an onslaught of double-digit material price increases. As the two charts below clearly demonstrate, steel and aluminum prices have increased dramatically over the last 3 months – an astonishing 55% for steel and 17% for aluminum.

In addition to raw materials, this pricing pressure affects almost every trailer component in the manufacturing process including wheels, axles, couplers, jacks, exterior skin, fenders, and trim. The increases since our last surcharge in November are particularly severe. All our market research indicates this trend is likely to continue well into the new year. In fact, our suppliers are telling us to expect additional increases at the end of the first and second quarters of 2021.

STEEL

ALUMINUM

S.gif

In the last 3 years due to tariffs and of course since the pandemic, normal supply and demand disruptions, we've seen multiple price increases on our products as well. The story is price of raw goods and shipping has continued to rise and nobody is willing to take a hit to their profit margin. 

Just since last January... January had a one time 12% increase. Then at the end of February there was an additional 3%. June saw another 3%. August saw another 3% as did November. That was 21% in 11 months. Got a fax in yesterday proclaiming by February 8th we should adjust our price books an additional 6% to start this year. In 2018 we saw 9% in 3 different 3% jumps. 

36% hike in the price we pay for the goods we sell in about 26 months. 

3 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

STEEL

ALUMINUM

S.gif

Na

no offense fuck trailers , I’m not with the you gotta steer opposite of where ur reversing, that shot is the worst, god bless the people that can do it, me no way, just not in my DNA , bought a dump truck 🛻 few weeks ago and bought a box truck about 2 hours ago 😂 

6A57D890-EF33-427B-95B3-D2D159FBCCFD.jpeg

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Na

no offense fuck trailers , I’m not with the you gotta steer opposite of where ur reversing, that shot is the worst, god bless the people that can do it, me no way, just not in my DNA , bought a dump truck 🛻 few weeks ago and bought a box truck about 2 hours ago 😂 

Good for you.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Keep it up.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In the last 3 years due to tariffs and of course since the pandemic, normal supply and demand disruptions, we've seen multiple price increases on our products as well. The story is price of raw goods and shipping has continued to rise and nobody is willing to take a hit to their profit margin. 

Just since last January... January had a one time 12% increase. Then at the end of February there was an additional 3%. June saw another 3%. August saw another 3% as did November. That was 21% in 11 months. Got a fax in yesterday proclaiming by February 8th we should adjust our price books an additional 6% to start this year. In 2018 we saw 9% in 3 different 3% jumps. 

36% hike in the price we pay for the goods we sell in about 26 months. 

Exact same deal here with us.... what do you guys do/sell?

Some of mine as high as 40% The same 18' steel deck car hauler I was selling for $2995 three years ago is now $4199.. its insane..

40 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Na

6A57D890-EF33-427B-95B3-D2D159FBCCFD.jpeg

haha.. Have fun with the insurance and up keep fool..

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

haha.. Have fun with the insurance and up keep fool..

I’m not gonna use the box every day it’s more fire huge Cleanouts or for storage or someplace to sleep when I get kicked out of my house,  

I got 4 vehicles now so I have no idea how I’m gonna pull off this paying insurance 

I wonder if there’s any loop holes where I don’t have to pay for 4 policies? Maybe apply for a car dealership, so I can use dealership tags,