The Latest in the legal constitutional battle of the lockdown

Troll

24 minutes ago, Troll said:

we can ignore the idiots and stay on track...

@Horsefly Looks like Tesla has just said good bye to California, and HELLO TEXAS given what he feels are a violation of his rights...

image.png.81059328fcc0af76e2ec7bf6588fe8be.png

Response from those lawmakers responsible in Cali ???

image.png.a81978b865ae69b2900b372b822cb643.png

Just....WOW!

😲

Edit to add link: https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2020/05/10/calawmaker_tweets_fk_elon_musk/

@Blueliner looks like you are not the only one leaving

To be fair,  Blueliner was asked to leave....

LMAO. 

bgw

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Troll said:

we can ignore the idiots and stay on track...

@Horsefly Looks like Tesla has just said good bye to California, and HELLO TEXAS given what he feels are a violation of his rights...

image.png.81059328fcc0af76e2ec7bf6588fe8be.png

Response from those lawmakers responsible in Cali ???

image.png.a81978b865ae69b2900b372b822cb643.png

Just....WOW!

😲

Edit to add link: https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2020/05/10/calawmaker_tweets_fk_elon_musk/

@Blueliner looks like you are not the only one leaving

^^^^That is what the politicians think of you if you leave the plantation. I think it's safe to say that there will be no reconciling. There are LOTS of people and businesses leaving. The metro areas of CA are going to be a complete nanny state in a decade. Elites and poor people. Won't have much in between. Shitty schools, shitty roads, and taxation >50% for everyone. That is...if the dems retain the majority. I'm seeing and hearing about more and more Trump supporters out here that are tired of exactly this. Still not enough to even remotely come close to turning the state red, but I would bet my bottom dollar the results will be closer than in '16. I'm certainly not waiting around for that miracle, however. The only "normal" people left will be in the central valleys. 

Elon Musk is the dumbest "smart" guy that I've ever had the privelege to read his tweets. He's pretty close to the dumbest "rich" guy as well. 

As far as leaving Cali, git 'er done. xD

Can't blame anyone for looking for cheaper taxes. Even Hollywood is doing that. Everyone is always looking for ways to save a dollar or stretch the one they have further. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Elon Musk is the dumbest "smart" guy that I've ever had the privelege to read his tweets. He's pretty close to the dumbest "rich" guy as well. 

Can't blame anyone for looking for cheaper taxes. Even Hollywood is doing that. Everyone is always looking for ways to save a dollar or stretch the one they have further. 

Hence the Reason Atlanta has started to become the new Hollywood... Until our state decides to butcher something in one way or another.... Tbh Governor Kemp has had a few moments where he looks good and stern and then he's had his moments where he's looked like a fool... More recently it's been the latter... I think Covid has thrown all the politicians into a tough spot... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Is he dumber than the politician ?

He simply tweeted back to her.... 'message received'

opened his plant...

and said "come arrest me"........in much more eloquent terms.

wonder if those 38,000 workers will be standing in the parking lot behind him 🤔

PS: probably a lot of D's in that crowd.......

california and all....

I guess these "constitutional battles" are gonna start popping up everywhere 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Troll said:

Is he dumber than the politician ?

He simply tweeted back to her.... 'message received'

opened his plant...

and said "come arrest me"........in much more eloquent terms.

wonder if those 38,000 workers will be standing in the parking lot behind him 🤔

PS: probably a lot of D's in that crowd.......

california and all....

I guess these "constitutional battles" are gonna start popping up everywhere 🤷‍♂️

I wasn't speaking to any particular tweet from him. Just his Twitter in general over the past few months. 

Idc if he goes to work defying any orders or not. He's been a dummy as it  pertains to covid-19 for months regardless.

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This about sums Elon Musk's Twitter up.

Weren't we just discussing how character attacks make people look 👀 stupid ???

🤔

While the referencing of 'twit replies' to bolster the 'popularity' of the 'stupid' finger 🖕 is cute, there is "NOTHING DUMB" about taking that stance, from the viewpoint of anyone who is supposed to be running a large corporate entity....

....or do you not understand how corporations work ? 🤔

(ps: hope you are not feeling too stupid right now....🤷‍♂️)

10 minutes ago, Troll said:

Weren't we just discussing how character attacks make people look 👀 stupid ???

🤔

While the referencing of 'twit replies' to bolster the 'popularity' of the 'stupid' finger 🖕 is cute, there is "NOTHING DUMB" about taking that stance, from the viewpoint of anyone who is supposed to be running a large corporate entity....

....or do you not understand how corporations work ? 🤔

Why would I feel stupid? 

I stand behind my initial thoughts on Elon Musk being the dumbest "smart" guy maybe ever. 

A brief look across his twitter since the beginning of the pandemic is the evidence. 

I understand that you have probably followed his same trajectory, so, you may not feel smart your own self. Some people have been very wrong the entire pandemic. Some folks did pivot eventually. Some pivoted then pivoted back again like Elon. Others have just remained wrong. 

(ps: hope you aren't feeling too stupid right now....🤷‍♂️)

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I stand behind my initial thoughts on Elon Musk being the dumbest "smart" guy maybe ever. 

A brief look across his twitter since the beginning of the pandemic is the evidence. 

I understand that you have probably followed his same trajectory, so, you may not feel smart your own self. Some people have been very wrong the entire pandemic. Some folks did pivot eventually. Some pivoted then pivoted back again like Elon. Others have just remained wrong. 

(ps: hope you aren't feeling too stupid right now....🤷‍♂️)

Sooooooooo.... sticking with your stance of:

stupid because he does not agree with your stances on the pandemic (AKA lacking the simplest understanding of 'positions'....)

...... so he is wrongfully stupid ? 🤔

or do you have some other argument..... 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Why would I feel stupid?

only because if you go back to page 1 in this thread, you appeared to understand the sillyness of character attacks....

I think that's called regression...

PS: you could have at least made fun of him for shooting his car into space.....probably more compelling in the

'stupid' arguments here...

15 hours ago, Blueliner said:

^^^^That is what the politicians think of you if you leave the plantation. I think it's safe to say that there will be no reconciling. There are LOTS of people and businesses leaving. The metro areas of CA are going to be a complete nanny state in a decade. Elites and poor people. Won't have much in between. Shitty schools, shitty roads, and taxation >50% for everyone. That is...if the dems retain the majority. I'm seeing and hearing about more and more Trump supporters out here that are tired of exactly this. Still not enough to even remotely come close to turning the state red, but I would bet my bottom dollar the results will be closer than in '16. I'm certainly not waiting around for that miracle, however. The only "normal" people left will be in the central valleys. 

Be careful bro you are starting to push the envelope. The personal attacks against you are ramping up. Soon the oh so tolerant will be calling you Ni^^er, and uncle Tom. All the while the liberal minorities will cheer and say you are not really black anyway. 

They will try to deny but they cant. You have the racist cajun calling a United States Marine the N word. Do the liberal minorites say anything? Nope Ah but they do agree and like most of his posts. You have douchebagpussy66 calling me a "stupid fucking Mexican". Is he called out for it? Not a chance however other hispanics on this very board cheer him on. 

Be careful bro.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Be careful bro you are starting to push the envelope. The personal attacks against you are ramping up. Soon the oh so tolerant will be calling you Ni^^er, and uncle Tom. All the while the liberal minorities will cheer and say you are not really black anyway. 

They will try to deny but they cant. You have the racist cajun calling a United States Marine the N word. Do the liberal minorites say anything? Nope Ah but they do agree and like most of his posts. You have douchebagpussy66 calling me a "stupid fucking Mexican". Is he called out for it? Not a chance however other hispanics on this very board cheer him on. 

Be careful bro.

Tolerant ONLY if you agree with them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Sooooooooo.... sticking with your stance of:

stupid because he does not agree with your stances on the pandemic (AKA lacking the simplest understanding of 'positions'....)

...... so he is wrongfully stupid ? 🤔

or do you have some other argument..... 🤷‍♂️

only because if you go back to page 1 in this thread, you appeared to understand the sillyness of character attacks....

I think that's called regression...

PS: you could have at least made fun of him for shooting his car into space.....probably more compelling in the

'stupid' arguments here...

I would have probably gotten around to that as we continued down the path of regression. xD

As an aside... I'm not arguing. I have an opinion that the guy is dumb as it has pertained to this pandemic, but, admit that he is also a smart business man... hence my description that he's possibly the dumbest smart guy I know. 

Apparently, you have a different opinion and consider my opinion some personal attack of Elon? Idk. Was his saying the pandemic panic dumb a personal attack on everyone that panicked? Not really was it? It was just his opinion about them all... much like my opinion about his reactions to the pandemic. 

So again...

• Haha 1

Ohhh, I get it now... You want to argue the merits of his constitutional argument although it hasn't been posted. 

Or, is it, that you are conflating his reopening in violation of government orders with his constitutional argument that he filed but fails to await a ruling on? 

Maybe, if you post his specific argument we can debate it. In the meantime, my opinion of his actions and reactions still stand. xD

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I would have probably gotten around to that as we continued down the path of regression. xD

As an aside... I'm not arguing. I have an opinion that the guy is dumb as it has pertained to this pandemic, but, admit that he is also a smart business man... hence my description that he's possibly the dumbest smart guy I know. 

Apparently, you have a different opinion and consider my opinion some personal attack of Elon? Idk. Was his saying the pandemic panic dumb a personal attack on everyone that panicked? Not really was it? It was just his opinion about them all... much like my opinion about his reactions to the pandemic. 

yup just took it as a weak argument for the case....

as an opinion it can stand...so there is definitely that.

But I would be careful how you express your opinion....

Some people tend judge you on that 🤔

PS: "opinion wise".... I've always thought elon was  a little  hmmmm.... does 'eccentric' work? 🤣 

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So again...

not in the least....

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ohhh, I get it now... You want to argue the merits of his constitutional argument although it hasn't been posted. 

Or, is it, that you are conflating his reopening in violation of government orders with his constitutional argument that he filed but fails to await a ruling on? 

Maybe, if you post his specific argument we can debate it. In the meantime, my opinion of his actions and reactions still stand. xD

I thought the argument was self evident....latest news on constitutional battles...

Do you not understand Elon's position of "right to run/open a business" being the claim ?

or do you need something more specific?

8 minutes ago, Troll said:

I thought the argument was self evident....latest news on constitutional battles...

Do you not understand Elon's position of "right to run/open a business" being the claim ?

or do you need something more specific?

Well, apparently through a tweet he claimed that the county or someone has overstepped the governor or whatever, but, there was no formal complaint or anything posted, no copy of the county order or state order to compare the merits of that particular argument from him.

Has the governor lifted any orders that would allow Tesla to reopen under specific guidance to which the county or mayor or whoever has blocked in that community? If so, wouldn't an appeal to the governor be sensible? 

Or is the argument something else? Something like the government never had the authority to tell Tesla they had to suspend operations? 

In the original post we had some specific arguments put forth to the courts, that, by having those, it didn't matter who posed them. In this latest mess, we have none of that, and a company reopening in apparent violation of some government orders without any injunctions. 

So...

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, apparently through a tweet he claimed that the county or someone has overstepped the governor or whatever, but, there was no formal complaint or anything posted, no copy of the county order or state order to compare the merits of that particular argument from him.

Has the governor lifted any orders that would allow Tesla to reopen under specific guidance to which the county or mayor or whoever has blocked in that community? If so, wouldn't an appeal to the governor be sensible? 

Or is the argument something else? Something like the government never had the authority to tell Tesla they had to suspend operations? 

In the original post we had some specific arguments put forth to the courts, that, by having those, it didn't matter who posed them. In this latest mess, we have none of that, and a company reopening in apparent violation of some government orders without any injunctions. 

So...

All very good questions 👍

Not sure as this is "breaking news" for me...and certainly not up to speed on it....

Kinda why I made the thread 😉

Posted the latest msm clip that gave a brief...

an open forum can certainly go from there 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Troll said:

All very good questions 👍

Not sure as this is "breaking news" for me...and certainly not up to speed on it....

Kinda why I made the thread 😉

Posted the latest msm clip that gave a brief...

an open forum can certainly go from there 🤷‍♂️

So, I was safe to assume that he was just being dumb about this all because of my opinion about his historical dumbness about the pandemic, in my opinion of course. xD

The best I can tell, he really hasn't filed a constitutional claim. He's just disgusted with the situation as is pretty much everyone. He's probably being intentionally dense due to his disgust, because as the clip stated, the governor apparently didn't have any issue with the local government's order or whatever. Possibly the governor's order has something in it to the affect allowing municipalities some leeway. Without seeing all of that idk. 

In the meantime of Elon potentially being intentionally dense, other people that are also disgusted with the pandemic situation are likely conflating what he's doing with some constitutional argument and uplifting him as a martyr because they hold similar possibly dense opinions. 

I admit to taking some leaps there due to the governor's lack of action toward the municipality if they've overriden his statewide order without legal footing as Elon claims. 

Just my opinion in light of so little evidence.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2020 at 11:30 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

So, I was safe to assume that he was just being dumb about this all because of my opinion about his historical dumbness about the pandemic, in my opinion of course. xD

Well  here's the latest.....

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/california-reaches-deal-with-tesla-to-reopen-factory/

Stupid or not stupid....

That's why he runs that corporation...🤔

...but It was very nice of them to say he could...

after he did...😆

I wonder where they wound up putting their finger? 🙄

As part of an agreement established in Musk’s 2018 compensation package, the Tesla CEO can access the first 12 tranches of options to buy Tesla stock once the company reaches a six-month average of $100 billion. Each tranche gives Musk the option to buy 1.69 million shares in Tesla stock for $350.02 a piece. If the price holds the levels it’s seen this week––prices on Tuesday reached $798.75––that means Musk could sell them and earn a $758 million profit.

Why would Elon exercise the first option as a California resident and give the state 104 million to support illegals? 

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-ca-taxpayers

It costs California taxpayers approximately $22,068,000,000 each year to provide services to their state's illegal alien population..... 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/california-to-give-cash-payments-to-immigrants-hurt-by-coronavirus.html

Leave for Texas where space X rocket development facility is and tell newsom and pelosi to suck a dick. 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 5:31 PM, Blueliner said:

That is...if the dems retain the majority.

One of the two states Musk mentioned was Nevada which has a Democratic Governor and a Democratic controlled House/Senate.

Also, let's see if he actually follows through because there's a reason why Tesla is located in California in the first place: Silicon Valley.

There's a reason why California remains the 5th largest economy in the world despite claims from dumbasses like you that "business are fleeing California every day!"