St Joes Prep/Philly

sausmann9

Due to a cancellation St Joseph’s Prep HS in Philadelphia, PA is looking for a game on the weekend of 10/9/2020.  If interested please contact Tom Sugden at tsugden@sjprep.org

lets find them a good one!  this team will be loaded once again this coming season.  who's out there that needs a game this weekend???  tx.

40 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

@eaglesinsider do you think McD would take a game with SJP? I don't really know anything about their HC Sule ..

They seem to be backing off the national scheduling like the rest of the MIAA. Sule more concerned with winning percentage than a challenging schedule. Right now they're sitting at 6 home/3 away as well. They have a major P5 recruit at QB which could make the game tempting. Would be a signature game for them to keep up with MSJ, who's going to St. Iggy's on 8/29, though.

Here's where they're sitting right now:

McDonogh
Week 0 28-Aug Concordia Prep
Week 1 4-Sep at La Salle (PA)
Week 2 11-Sep Saint Mary's
Week 3 17-Sep Bullis
Week 4 25-Sep Avalon
Week 5 2-Oct at Calvert Hall
Week 6    
Week 7 16-Oct Mount Saint Joseph
Week 8 23-Oct Archbishop Spalding
Week 9 31-Oct at Gilman

50 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Being only games vs other MIAA-A team count for anything,  I don't see why they wouldn't take that game. Be a good  game for their QB to showcase his skills but again games like this can also expose a players weaknesses as well.. in any case the game is close enough and they should schedule it if SJP comes calling....IMHO  but again I know SJP is chasing the mythical rankings so they may not even want to play McD and looks like IMG is open that week .. I would guess they would take a IMG game again if they think they have a squad that can contend for the mythical precious..

Certainly either would be better than our experts suggestion of West Toronto Prep. Given McDonogh already has 6 home games they could easily travel to SJP as well.

Seaford (DE) and Maryland Freedom Home School are open that week but that would be like saying West Toronto Prep was their best option.

I have almost no games listed for Avalon, Central Maryland Christian Home School, Green Street Academy, Maryland Christian Home School, Mount Carmel, National Christian, Royalty Institute, Saint John's Catholic Prep or SEED School, so I can't really tell what's open and what's not for those schools.

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So sensitive. Fulton County pulled the plug on JC. Looking fwd to the 2021 match-up. 

Nah. Just find it kinda odd that you made sure to let us know that it was JC who cancelled the game......especially after what was revealed in the AJC article this week. You have his (the JC head coach) info.....reach out to him and ask him about why the game really fell through. Call his bluff if you can...lol. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Nah. Just find it kinda odd that you made sure to let us know that it was JC who cancelled the game......especially after what was revealed in the AJC article this week. You have his (the JC head coach) info.....reach out to him and ask him about why the game really fell through. Call his bluff if you can...lol. 

So wrong dude...turn on the news champ!

I would like to see SJP travel to tx to play a top 3-5 team in texas. A team a Step below the d'ville/Northshore teams of the past few years.

But Not a dallas Jesuit like sjp did years back I think that was 12 or 13  but someone like allen. 

• Like 1

Ahhh.......SJP.......I remember their fans crying like schoolgirls after our game saying the refs jobbed them. If I remember correctly Marietta had more penalties and one huge one was wrong. 

Take a fucking L with some class and if you can’t do that, just keep your fucking trap shut! 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

I would like to see SJP travel to tx to play a top 3-5 team in texas. A team a Step below the d'ville/Northshore teams of the past few years.

But Not a dallas Jesuit like sjp did years back I think that was 12 or 13  but someone like allen. 

They’re playing Houston area shadow creek this year who should start in the 8-10 range.  Pretty good team 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

They’re playing Houston area shadow creek this year who should start in the 8-10 range.  Pretty good team 

Shadow Creek going to catch them off guard; watch.  Philly area still in redzone quarantine until at least june 5-`2 sometime.  then another 2 - 4 weeks to hopefully come off that into the green zone.  then they can begin practicing.  Might be mid July before they get together as a team.  Hopefully they play a full season.  its still very fucked up around the Philly area w/ COVID.  

4 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Shadow Creek going to catch them off guard; watch.  Philly area still in redzone quarantine until at least june 5-`2 sometime.  then another 2 - 4 weeks to hopefully come off that into the green zone.  then they can begin practicing.  Might be mid July before they get together as a team.  Hopefully they play a full season.  its still very fucked up around the Philly area w/ COVID.  

I’m not even sure the game will be played but we’ll see.  

22 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

@SJR 04 said someone from SFA (a parent) contacted him for a 9/4 or 9/5 game.( same date as Cen10 game) . I assume they were asking about DBP being they lost the GA game that week..but SJR04 wants to play the saying something without saying anything game.... It would be odd for a SFA parent to be involved in it though typically they are kept in the dark and on a need to know basis regarding schedules.  I don't know who SJR04 is but with the joker as an avatar we have to take it with a grain of salt. Not to mention he said St Francis not St Frances...lmao

Screenshot_20200524-103400_Messages.jpg

22 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

@SJR 04 said someone from SFA (a parent) contacted him for a 9/4 or 9/5 game.( same date as Cen10 game) . I assume they were asking about DBP being they lost the GA game that week..but SJR04 wants to play the saying something without saying anything game.... It would be odd for a SFA parent to be involved in it though typically they are kept in the dark and on a need to know basis regarding schedules.  I don't know who SJR04 is but with the joker as an avatar we have to take it with a grain of salt. Not to mention he said St Francis not St Frances...lmao

04 is good people 

I think the avatar is trump in a joker 

there’s only a handful of guys I can trust with their info and 04 happens to be one of them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

04 is good people 

I think the avatar is trump in a joker 

there’s only a handful of guys I can trust with their info and 04 happens to be one of them

Appreciate the confidence. I do my best to be an upright participant of this community. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

hmm.. Could Ike White's dad.. the WR that transferred from SJP to SFA last year... what the hell would SFA need a parent to solicit games for.. they have the great PGL on retainer...loss of confidence?  lol

Yes, we have a mutual friend that was trying to connect us to fill the vacancy. I don't pretend to know it all, maybe it's not accurate, but I'm not pulling this stuff from my a$$

On 5/23/2020 at 1:26 AM, sausmann9 said:

Honest, realistic post. To add to this the  DC area is worst in America now.  PG County 13,000+ cases, Montgomery County 10,000+ cases, Fairfax County, 9,000+ cases, etc.  Major shopping centers (I.e. 300 store Tyson’s Corner are still closed) and hospitals have only now begun non emergency cases.

Then I read about similarly struck L. A. and the thought occurs to me that part of America really doesn’t understand what is happening elsewhere.

I think part of America will see early Fall games with almost empty stands and other parts will have parents pulling their kids back from playing for fear of contact and bringing the virus home.  This last point is huge.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 1:31 AM, Horsefly said:

I’m not even sure the game will be played but we’ll see.  

Staying positive for now; attitude that is, not COVID!  Depends how we all act this summer up here.  Most of the eastern part of PA is now closed for the summer.  No public  pools, picnics, amusement parks, music festivals up to Aug 1, a couple car/biker rallies, etc...if people follow guidelines set-forth by the pros, we may have a season up this way.  If not, if all these dipshit dummies revolt b/c they can and intentionally group-up, we're fucked!  

• Like 5