sausmann9

St Joes Prep/Philly

17 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

is it official somewhere that the Cen10 v SFA is off?

Little early to completely cancel the game imo. 

14 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Little early to completely cancel the game imo. 

@SJR 04 said someone from SFA (a parent) contacted him for a 9/4 or 9/5 game.( same date as Cen10 game) . I assume they were asking about DBP being they lost the GA game that week..but SJR04 wants to play the saying something without saying anything game.... It would be odd for a SFA parent to be involved in it though typically they are kept in the dark and on a need to know basis regarding schedules.  I don't know who SJR04 is but with the joker as an avatar we have to take it with a grain of salt. Not to mention he said St Francis not St Frances...lmao

18 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

is it official somewhere that the Cen10 v SFA is off?

I would think that any game requiring a team to get on a plane to play is highly questionable, if not already cancelled, at this point.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

St. Francis has open dates for 9/4 - 9/5 if anyone interested in scheduling them.

SFA is still scheduled and committed to play CC in the Honor Bowl in Cali that weekend. 

21 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA is still scheduled and committed to play CC in the Honor Bowl in Cali that weekend. 

Not from what I'm being told

22 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

@SJR 04 said someone from SFA (a parent) contacted him for a 9/4 or 9/5 game.( same date as Cen10 game) . I assume they were asking about DBP being they lost the GA game that week..but SJR04 wants to play the saying something without saying anything game.... It would be odd for a SFA parent to be involved in it though typically they are kept in the dark and on a need to know basis regarding schedules.  I don't know who SJR04 is but with the joker as an avatar we have to take it with a grain of salt. Not to mention he said St Francis not St Frances...lmao

Screenshot_20200524-103400_Messages.jpg

22 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

04 is good people 

I think the avatar is trump in a joker 

there’s only a handful of guys I can trust with their info and 04 happens to be one of them

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

04 is good people 

I think the avatar is trump in a joker 

there’s only a handful of guys I can trust with their info and 04 happens to be one of them

Appreciate the confidence. I do my best to be an upright participant of this community. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

Screenshot_20200524-103400_Messages.jpg

hmm.. Could be Ike White's dad.. the WR that transferred from SJP to SFA last year... what the hell would SFA need a parent to solicit games for.. they have the great PGL on retainer...loss of confidence?  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

hmm.. Could Ike White's dad.. the WR that transferred from SJP to SFA last year... what the hell would SFA need a parent to solicit games for.. they have the great PGL on retainer...loss of confidence?  lol

Yes, we have a mutual friend that was trying to connect us to fill the vacancy. I don't pretend to know it all, maybe it's not accurate, but I'm not pulling this stuff from my a$$

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Yes, we have a mutual friend that was trying to connect us to fill the vacancy. I don't pretend to know it all, maybe it's not accurate, but I'm not pulling this stuff from my a$$

I wasn't questioning you I was taking a sarcastic shot at PGL..

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 1:26 AM, sausmann9 said:

Shadow Creek going to catch them off guard; watch.  Philly area still in redzone quarantine until at least june 5-`2 sometime.  then another 2 - 4 weeks to hopefully come off that into the green zone.  then they can begin practicing.  Might be mid July before they get together as a team.  Hopefully they play a full season.  its still very fucked up around the Philly area w/ COVID.  

Honest, realistic post. To add to this the  DC area is worst in America now.  PG County 13,000+ cases, Montgomery County 10,000+ cases, Fairfax County, 9,000+ cases, etc.  Major shopping centers (I.e. 300 store Tyson’s Corner are still closed) and hospitals have only now begun non emergency cases.

Then I read about similarly struck L. A. and the thought occurs to me that part of America really doesn’t understand what is happening elsewhere.

I think part of America will see early Fall games with almost empty stands and other parts will have parents pulling their kids back from playing for fear of contact and bringing the virus home.  This last point is huge.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 1:31 AM, Horsefly said:

I’m not even sure the game will be played but we’ll see.  

Staying positive for now; attitude that is, not COVID!  Depends how we all act this summer up here.  Most of the eastern part of PA is now closed for the summer.  No public  pools, picnics, amusement parks, music festivals up to Aug 1, a couple car/biker rallies, etc...if people follow guidelines set-forth by the pros, we may have a season up this way.  If not, if all these dipshit dummies revolt b/c they can and intentionally group-up, we're fucked!  

• Like 5

12 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Honest, realistic post. To add to this the  DC area is worst in America now.  PG County 13,000+ cases, Montgomery County 10,000+ cases, Fairfax County, 9,000+ cases, etc.  Major shopping centers (I.e. 300 store Tyson’s Corner are still closed) and hospitals have only now begun non emergency cases.

Then I read about similarly struck L. A. and the thought occurs to me that part of America really doesn’t understand what is happening elsewhere.

I think part of America will see early Fall games with almost empty stands and other parts will have parents pulling their kids back from playing for fear of contact and bringing the virus home.  This last point is huge.

Vote red next time and you too can enjoy the luxuries of going to restaurants, playing golf, outdoor rec activities, and football beginning in June.

Georgia has seen a 38% decline in hospitalizations since reopening at the beginning of the month. I'm glad our government refused to be swayed by the democrats spearheading this economic shutdown.

• Like 3

On 5/23/2020 at 12:26 AM, sausmann9 said:

Shadow Creek going to catch them off guard; watch.  Philly area still in redzone quarantine until at least june 5-`2 sometime.  then another 2 - 4 weeks to hopefully come off that into the green zone.  then they can begin practicing.  Might be mid July before they get together as a team.  Hopefully they play a full season.  its still very fucked up around the Philly area w/ COVID.  

Texas schools are not allowed to start summer strength and Conditioning until June 8th.   This is with social distancing 

They are also allowed 60 min to work football specific drills/practice per day (no pads)

No 7 on 7 - no offense vs defense drills 

must somehow try to social distance in everything they do.

16 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Major shopping centers (I.e. 300 store Tyson’s Corner are still closed)

Tysons is open now, I don't know how many individual stores are open though. 10 customer limit per store.

TBH the "hot spots" are very localized in specific neighborhoods (and nursing homes!).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

Texas schools are not allowed to start summer strength and Conditioning until June 8th.   This is with social distancing 

They are also allowed 60 min to work football specific drills/practice per day (no pads)

No 7 on 7 - no offense vs defense drills 

must somehow try to social distance in everything they do.

LMAO - tackling drills and man-to-man coverage become something of a struggle now.

7 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

LMAO - tackling drills and man-to-man coverage become something of a struggle now.

Without an enforcer there to oversee the practices, I'd be willing to bet that many teams will be practicing as usual.

7 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Without an enforcer there to oversee the practices, I'd be willing to bet that many teams will be practicing as usual.

I don’t know about that as you may not have UIL enforcers running about but you do have snitches running around from rival schools etc. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I don’t know about that as you may not have UIL enforcers running about but you do have snitches running around from rival schools etc. 

Touche.

bgw