Edgewater Christian Leary has some serious wheels

954gator

On 5/21/2020 at 11:06 PM, 954gator said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8538411/5d7a5d9cf56a2d11483f73de

Damn he tore up STA and Marietta.   You just know he’s going OOS SMH.  

This film reminds me of some of the past high schoolers I became aware of due to similar posts on these sites, whether it was here or on Rivals or wherever. Being made aware of sophomores and juniors in high school like Adoree Jackson, Tavon Austin, Leonard Fournette, JJ Taylor, Dez Bryant, etc. over the years is a big reason I enjoy checking this out.

Years ago, I was with a group of friends and suggested they watch highlights of this kid from Junipero Serra high school in SoCal. Their response, or lack thereof, reminded me that my interests are not all shared by my buddies. But I still like it, and enjoy the tapes of these athletes, like how impressive Adoree was before he was exposed to the rest of the world. Hope to see Leary go on to similarly big things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Nobody knows anything right now.

Anyone who tells you that they're certain that any OOS game will be played is lying to you.

So @GardenStateBaller is lying to you.

This is correct. 

No one has BOB contracts except 2 local Shreveport teams who will play each other.  

...nolebob is just another nobody with no information. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

This film reminds me of some of the past high schoolers I became aware of due to similar posts on these sites, whether it was here or on Rivals or wherever. Being made aware of sophomores and juniors in high school like Adoree Jackson, Tavon Austin, Leonard Fournette, JJ Taylor, Dez Bryant, etc. over the years is a big reason I enjoy checking this out.

Years ago, I was with a group of friends and suggested they watch highlights of this kid from Junipero Serra high school in SoCal. Their response, or lack thereof, reminded me that my interests are not all shared by my buddies. But I still like it, and enjoy the tapes of these athletes, like how impressive Adoree was before he was exposed to the rest of the world. Hope to see Leary go on to similarly big things.

Yup we’re a rare breed!   I personally love it when people post highlights of guys I haven’t heard of.    That type of info is what makes this board so great!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

My “no information” is literally the head coach from Edgewater. 

Red Flag is just a pussy who can’t handle facts about the incompetence coming from Louisiana 

Redzone assumes people have no information because no coach can stand talking with him so he thinks it's how it is for everyone

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Edgewater vs Jones regular season highlights. @Nolebull813 as you can see from the video, all but one of Jones's playmakers were in the game. 

Edgewater played some pretty tough teams when you think about it.   STA, Marietta, Armwood, Lincoln, Winter Park, Wekiva, Jones, Bishop Moore, Niceville.    Has an Orlando area team ever had that type of slate?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Edgewater played some pretty tough teams when you think about it.   STA, Marietta, Armwood, Lincoln, Winter Park, Wekiva, Jones, Bishop Moore, Niceville.    Has an Orlando area team ever had that type of slate?  

Apopka has had equivalent slates a couple times. When scheduling, it is not always clear how some of the games are going to pan out. Yeah, you go on past records, but they don't always reflect what you're going to get in the current year. Also, you don't have much control over your playoff schedule. Edgewater's path to a state title last year was by far the hardest of any of the Orlando area teams.l That they almost won it all is testimony to the fact they were talented and motivated. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Apopka has had equivalent slates a couple times. When scheduling, it is not always clear how some of the games are going to pan out. Yeah, you go on past records, but they don't always reflect what you're going to get in the current year. Also, you don't have much control over your playoff schedule. Edgewater's path to a state title last year was by far the hardest of any of the Orlando area teams.l That they almost won it all is testimony to the fact they were talented and motivated. 

Yeah I feel like Orlando teams, much like Tampa,  have been known to kind of stay in their bubble.  I always considered  Apopka just outside that bubble.   Orlando teams tend to have the same schedules year after year.  Boone, S Seminole, evans, WP, Lake Brantley etc seem to always just play each other.    Apopka would go outside and schedule a bit more random like lakeland, Norland etc.   

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah I feel like Orlando teams, much like Tampa,  have been known to kind of stay in their bubble.  I always considered  Apopka just outside that bubble.   Orlando teams tend to have the same schedules year after year.  Boone, S Seminole, evans, WP, Lake Brantley etc seem to always just play each other.    Apopka would go outside and schedule a bit more random like lakeland, Norland etc.   

Jacksonville is same way 

The private schools may travel out but rarely do publics up there play teams from around the state, that's why I feel they tend to struggle once they face teams from other parts of the state because they don't see how programs shape up from different areas 

11 minutes ago, 954gator said:

To be honest, Apopka will pretty much schedule any team that will play them provided the terms can be worked out. In Tampa, schools are mostly constrained by the Hillsborough School Board. Orange, Seminole and Osceola counties' School Boards don't impose strict conditions on schedules. However, a number of schools prefer to stay local for a variety of reasons which range from money to not wanting to get exposed. In many cases, Apopka has had to schedule out of area, as filling the non-district games is often a big problem. 

We were happy to travel to Traz Powell, for our KOC game last year, and would have been just as happy to play BTW in a regular season game, if the schedule had permitted it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

To be honest, Apopka will pretty much schedule any team that will play them provided the terms can be worked out. In Tampa, schools are mostly constrained by the Hillsborough School Board. Orange, Seminole and Osceola counties' School Boards don't impose strict conditions on schedules. However, a number of schools prefer to stay local for a variety of reasons which range from money to not wanting to get exposed. In many cases, Apopka has had to schedule out of area, as filling the non-district games is often a big problem. 

We were happy to travel to Traz Powell, for our KOC game last year, and would have been just as happy to play BTW in a regular season game, if the schedule had permitted it. 

Maybe we can get columbia vs Apopka in a future regular season game 

Ik we got a Hillsborough team week 1 and hope we can get Orlando area team next year 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Hope it proves to be the right decision for him. Orlando area kids have not done especially well at Bama. Hope this is the exception. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Kids so fast I can’t believe Marietta even stopped them on any given possession. 

How badly did they beat us again? Uh. Oh. Wait.......

Well they gained more yards through the air and ground than Marietta so I’d say they did pretty decent.   I wonder why the score was a bit off?  Oh wait.... I forgot...Marietta is just so damn disciplined 🤣 

20C8DE36-1B83-4D0D-9740-5667072D8D2A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

543D473A-E73A-42AC-841D-014953789E13.jpeg

A17E4656-C047-4EEE-9FA3-9689E521FFEF.jpeg

Gator. You forgot one thing. You member, the one thing that matters most.......the score?

And If you watched the game, the fact that That edgewater only had 13 penalties was laughable. Trying to goad kids into fighting because you’re getting your ass beat isn’t a good look, especially for a Florida team that was supposed to be good. 

14 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Gator. You forgot one thing. You member, the one thing that matters most.......the score?

And If you watched the game, the fact that That edgewater only had 13 penalties was laughable. Trying to goad kids into fighting because you’re getting your ass beat isn’t a good look, especially for a Florida team that was supposed to be good. 

Just stating facts my man.   Your comment made it seem like he wasn’t that good, but the facts show Edgewater’s offense did work vs Marietta’s D.   They also show Edgewater outgained Marietta by 150 yards.

What also isn’t a good look is when a team is hosting an OOS team and the refs call 100+ Yards against said traveling team.    This is a VERY common theme when Fl teams play in GA.  It’s no secret Bud.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Clinton Dix did pretty well.   Then again his teammate  Dee Hart did not.

Both true statements. Dix, like Christian L, was also from Eatonville. He played his first two years as a running back at Edgewater before transferring to Dr. Phillips and getting moved to defense. 

• Thanks 1