Sign in to follow this  
CODBEARD

Oh, Woe is SFA...

How many poor have nothing programs can up and travel  5 states away(700 miles) to work out/practice when they can't in their own state due to Corona?  Forget poor programs, will any other programs do this to start practice early? Thank God for Georgia the SFA kids are coming to "bless" their state..sheesh!

844293535_Screenshot2020-05-27at6_47_47PM.png.265868da826d27ead0376eeabd2f7392.png

33 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

How many poor have nothing programs can up and travel  5 states away(700 miles) to work out/practice when they can't in their own state due to Corona?  Forget poor programs, will any other programs do this to start practice early? Thank God for Georgia the SFA kids are coming to "bless" their state..sheesh!

844293535_Screenshot2020-05-27at6_47_47PM.png.265868da826d27ead0376eeabd2f7392.png

So.... they're coming all the way to Georgia to get sick and/or spread the virus some more? Makes total sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

#IGTBAP

😂. This is ridiculous!  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂. This is ridiculous!  

Yeeeeah this is a bit much...

(I sense undercover recruiting trip).

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah isn’t ducks elite a youth program?

hmmm..kwat tagged with SFA??  Technically SFA could also be a landing spot for kwats USAA reclassers..No rules stopping SFA from taking them..I would be willing to bet those jersey models will be out there working out/practicing ( trying out) with SFA..

hmmm..kwat tagged with SFA??  Technically SFA could also be a landing spot for kwats USAA reclassers..No rules stopping SFA from taking them..I would be willing to bet those jersey models will be out there working out/practicing ( trying out) with SFA..

Any of the USAA reclassers good enough for SFA? Poggi isn't running a charity operation.

• Haha 3

This crap is over the top ( especially in view of what we are going through ). Its a bad look and is currently sending what in my opinion, is the wrong message to all of today's youth.

Are we not learning ANYTHING relative to what should be important and what values should be prioritized with the kids. The money spent would be much better utilized helping First Responders or at the very least... helping to supply devices that will save lives.

• Thanks 4

Well KTwat got a landing spot for the Kids I'm guessing...not bad, better than what was....

Not my pick, but the choices of aquarium cleaner are limited.

bgw

• Haha 3

I saw one kid that "committed" and re-classed from 2020 to 2021 is now going to MTI Prep a Christian vo-tech prep  with seemingly a good football program..  https://mtiprep.org/ @eaglesinsider will probably have the skinny on them but from the surface it looks like the "school" is just the football team and address is listed as "south florida" that's odd. pretty website though..

I have seen other early committer's( in Feb) that went ahead and graduated and are committing to smaller colleges... There are still many showing going to USA so we will have to see where they land,, That will be interesting to follow..

I think some will end up at SFA.. Dixon and maybe Ellison also a few others.. Does Poggi want to win a MNC enough to bring in QB Dixon and displace his current QB his Sr yr?   hmmmm.. I am also guessing SFA will take these re-classed kids as with the pandemic they may not have the usual amount of transfers coming in..got some holes to fill or positions to improve..MNC at all costs..

another interesting tidbit is the NCAA has extended the recruiting "dead period" to July 31... That is going to put a huge kybosh on the hucksters looking to make bank off of the kids this summer with "exposure camps", combines, college bus tours.. etc... It might open some eyes that kids will still get offered and recruited without these pipe dreamer cash grabs..

Also I would suggest any 2021 kids better try and commit to any verbal offers they got as the chances of a better one coming much less...

• Like 1

ok this MTI Prep is weird...1st year program in 2019 and a lot like that Royalty Kings Institute.. not really a school per say but a post grad  6 month football/trade program. They got a barber class also.. lol  .. only it seems to be better funded but they play on some rec field.. They are in some Christian owned office building called the Forum in Pompano.. Claim they are the National Prep school Champions for 2019 but I am not sure how that is arrived at as they are not really a sanctioned "prep school" again @eaglesinsider will know more on this..

Their Twitter has a bunch of committed memes and singing days to them but as of yet none going on to sign with a university..I am all for supporting your kids but really?  Crazy these kids be like they are signing a D1 LOI .. ehh to each his own lol.. you can sell some shit on Twitter can't you..

LOI..seriousley..

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

ok this MTI Prep is weird...1st year program in 2019 and a lot like that Royalty Kings Institute.. not really a school per say but a post grad  6 month football/trade program. They got a barber class also.. lol  .. only it seems to be better funded but they play on some rec field.. They are in some Christian owned office building called the Forum in Pompano.. Claim they are the National Prep school Champions for 2019 but I am not sure how that is arrived as they are not really a sanctioned "prep school" again @eaglesinsider will know more on this..

Their Twitter has a bunch of committed memes and singing days to them but as of yet none going on to sign with a university..I am all for supporting your kids but really?  Crazy these kids be like they are signing a D1 LO..I  ehh to each his own lol.. you can sell some shit on Twitter can't you..

LOI..seriousley..

Reminds me of a certain league in the east that does "signing days" similar to this for 8th graders.  Lol

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Reminds me of a certain league in the east that does "signing days" similar to this for 8th graders.  Lol

What??!! No "left" coast 8th grade signings?

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

bgw

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

What??!! No "left" coast 8th grade signings?

Tsk, tsk,tsk...

bgw

Yes we do have our own "signing day"  except out here we call it "registration" for high school.  Lol

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Yes we do have our own "signing day"  except out here we call it "registration" for high school.  Lol

Is THAT what it's called?

I thought ya'll did a "I'm taking my talents to somethin' somethin' " twitter blast?

No? registration...straight up?

LOL.

bgw

• Haha 4

The part of the "offer" in the LOI in bold says it all..hopefully the kids and parents can or actually read the contract..all the schooling is 3rd party and online and not covered by the "offer" also you have to pay upfront for the football fees but if you complete the program that money will get reimbursed.. good luck with that! that's the "offer" lol

575129031_Screenshot2020-05-28at11_34_43AM.thumb.png.082274d19b2dac6662a98fe7d50d6cb6.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, CODBEARD said:

The part of the "offer" in the LOI in bold says it all..hopefully the kids and parents can or actually read the contract..all the schooling is 3rd party and online and not covered by the "offer"

575129031_Screenshot2020-05-28at11_34_43AM.thumb.png.082274d19b2dac6662a98fe7d50d6cb6.png

So in essence a "paper" scholarship,  student/athlete pays for everything else? Everything else being "everything".

bgw

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So in essence a "paper" scholarship,  student/athlete pays for everything else? Everything else being "everything".

bgw

looking even further they have two trades they offer ( for a fee of course) Barbering and Massage Therapy.. good grief.. doing the cost estimator now this should be fun...

https://mtiprep.org/2020-2021-cost/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

looking even further they have two trades they offer (at a cost of course) Barbering and Massage Therapy.. good grief..

Well, if an student/athlete has identifies those as career choices and was looking to play the scholly lottery to "hope" to land a reasonably good scholarship, then okay... but it's a long shot in a big way.

High level fuckery out there.

bgw

• Haha 1

haha won't let me without being in their system ( a letter from them with code)..  basically it was $500 for everything GED, per NCAA credit, adult diploma SAT..etc.(the Barber and Message Therapy classes are a little more and 3rd party as with everything they "offer") .. for the 6 month program your probably looking at about 5 to 7 k with I am guessing $1500 of it reimbursable with a full scholarship but it doesn't look like many of the scholarships are full but a percentage.. looks like a money maker scheme feeding on these kids dreams to me..

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well, if an student/athlete has identifies those as career choices and was looking to play the scholly lottery to "hope" to land a reasonably good scholarship, then okay... but it's a long shot in a big way.

High level fuckery out there.

bgw

umm you can go to barber school anytime for 2k, massage therapy about 3k

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ok this MTI Prep is weird...1st year program in 2019 and a lot like that Royalty Kings Institute.. not really a school per say but a post grad  6 month football/trade program. They got a barber class also.. lol  .. only it seems to be better funded but they play on some rec field.. They are in some Christian owned office building called the Forum in Pompano.. Claim they are the National Prep school Champions for 2019 but I am not sure how that is arrived as they are not really a sanctioned "prep school" again @eaglesinsider will know more on this..

Their Twitter has a bunch of committed memes and singing days to them but as of yet none going on to sign with a university..I am all for supporting your kids but really?  Crazy these kids be like they are signing a D1 LOI .. ehh to each his own lol.. you can sell some shit on Twitter can't you..

LOI..seriousley..

Man, this stuff has really gotten out of hand. Hahaha. Committing to high schools and shit is ridiculous, and that's being easy on it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

I saw one kid that "committed" and re-classed from 2020 to 2021 is now going to MTI Prep a Christian vo-tech prep  with seemingly a good football program..  https://mtiprep.org/ @eaglesinsider will probably have the skinny on them but from the surface it looks like the "school" is just the football team and address is listed as "south florida" that's odd. pretty website though..

I have seen other early committer's( in Feb) that went ahead and graduated and are committing to smaller colleges... There are still many showing going to USA so we will have to see where they land,, That will be interesting to follow..

MTI Prep is pretty bog standard for the new wave of "prep schools" that have popped up in the past decade. It's really exploded in the last few years. Generally they're founded by coaches or whomever who realize what it's surprisingly affordable to start your own football team and get that "HC" title. They charge the kids a few grand for equipment/gear/housing/meals and then the kids have to pay to go to classes at a community college near wherever the school is located on top of that. Usually the guys in charge go in with decent intentions but then either end up in over their head or start taking more and more of the money for themselves. 

Florida has become a hotbed for them, there's got to be at least 8 operating in the state now. Part of that is due to the fact that Florida doesn't allow public community colleges to field football teams. Combine that with Florida having a reputation (at least when I was coaching college football) for having lots of great athletes with terrible grades and Florida being an attractive location to pull kids from all over the country and you get a perfect environment for these sketchy programs to thrive. There are also simply not enough traditional prep schools to support the demand/need for them so it really is a simple supply/demand thing where the free market is providing options (however shitty they might be) to compensate.

Delaware has actually had one of these programs for several years, going by the name "Delaware Gamecocks." Maryland has "Maryland Prep" as well. Most of these programs last a year or two before folding so it's hard to keep track of them all. I don't really try to keep track of them but do make note of them as they pop up and try to warn people about throwing away a year of their life and $8-10k for nothing.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1