George Floyd’s Death and Protests

41 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I hate to see the emotional response a lot of blacks have to this dark, evil and ignorant act, but I understand.

What I don’t appreciate are provocateurs doing all they can to turn these protests into full blown riots...

this is such a toxic system 

909A4E8A-3718-4275-87F7-5E41E5C24308.jpeg

This one hit hard as there was no absolute reason to sit on his neck and we watched it unfold on video for quite a while.  His calling out to his mother was heart wrenching.  

• Thanks 3
  • Like 4

That officer should be put in jail. End of story. But the Looting and to see people running in of Target and just looting TVs and whatever they can get. What does that prove? That's not Justice for the person that died that's just a free ride. The burn buildings including low-income housing it's just spiting themselves. I'm hearing a lot of these people are not from the local area should I just looking for something free. Again I think what the officer did should put him in jail and I'm the son of a 30-year NYPD officer who Rose to captain during the pre Giuliani days when it was more like fort Apache the Bronx

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

THE BURNING BUILDINGS ARE THE TEARS OF YEARS OF SCREAMING THIS TO AMERICA.  And I don't condone the destruction.

DD... I respect you and appreciate what you did for our country brother and appreciate you gratefully what you did for our country. But what does burning down a building especially someone that's living in low-income housing trying to support their family or looting a Target have to do with this?

33 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This one hit hard as there was no absolute reason to sit on his neck and we watched it unfold on video for quite a while.  His calling out to his mother was heart wrenching.  

This was heart wrenching when you see Black Professors on TV crying the same a Black Man in the Ghetto.  No one seems to care no matter how much you scream this happens everyday.  It's always we don't know what happened before.  This shows the hypocrisy of a nation that is always lecturing others on Human Rights.  Let the world see the anger and understand where it comes from.  This on the heels of Ahmaud Arbery where without video they would just be silent voices who were murdered  That COP Murdered him and had no remorse.  And as far as the rioting it's not just black kids.  This is Hip Hop that has been telling your kids about this in Music and they listened.  Watch the Rioters its just as many other races of young people

As well as Target, looters also broke into smaller stores, including this one selling tobacco

Target was also broken into and looted and rioters were seen standing outside the store with their arms in the air. They had also sprayed graffiti on the store's sign

Looters also set fire to an AutoZone store and some looked on as one man tried to put the blaze out with a fire extinguisher

None of the above would have happened without the actions below and no charges or arrest in a murder in broad daylight.  I'm pro cop but this was painful to watch being a Black Man.  Floyd was filmed Monday begging the Minneapolis cop to stop and telling him he could not breathe before he lost consciousness and later died

• Like 2

11 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

My bad...mis read your post. But I don't believe that Kaepernick kneeling has anything to do with the officer kneeling on that guy's neck

Kapernick's kneeling was a message that these things are happening.  I don't condone anarchy I don't but I consider myself to be pretty reserved and  disciplined but I too am hurt and pissed over this.  I am not going to respond more on this because emotions could cause me to regret something and I don't want that.  Peace Brother and may we heal as a Nation and Fuck RACISM;    Lebron James posted that image on instagram as message and reminder.  

LeBron James, other athletes express outrage over George Floyd’s death

The Los Angeles Lakers star posted an image on Instagram in reference to Colin Kaepernick, who famously kneeled during the national anthem in protest of police brutality and racial injustice.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

Right now I'm watching the Looting and honestly I don't see a single white person doing the Looting so how is this helping the community or the honor of the person that died So wrongfully? Honestly what I'm seeing is everyone Looting is black trying to grab whatever they can and I don't believe they think this has anything to do with the Injustice it's just a free-for-all... I know I'll catch hell for this but I'm just texting or posting what I'm watching right now

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Right now I'm watching the Looting and honestly I don't see a single white person doing the Looting so how is this helping the community or the honor of the person that died So wrongfully? Honestly what I'm seeing is everyone Looting is black trying to grab whatever they can and I don't believe they think this has anything to do with the Injustice it's just a free-for-all... I know I'll catch hell for this but I'm just texting or posting what I'm watching right now

To answer you question directly, it’s not helping, there are opportunists whose intentions aren’t about seeking justice as much it is to simply be criminal and take personal adv of the situation 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

That officer should be put in jail. End of story. But the Looting and to see people running in of Target and just looting TVs and whatever they can get. What does that prove? That's not Justice for the person that died that's just a free ride. The burn buildings including low-income housing it's just spiting themselves. I'm hearing a lot of these people are not from the local area should I just looking for something free. Again I think what the officer did should put him in jail and I'm the son of a 30-year NYPD officer who Rose to captain during the pre Giuliani days when it was more like fort Apache the Bronx

In Jamaica there is a saying, "If you can't get Quako (maroon), you get im shirt." I think to some extent that explains the behavior. There is a very strong degree of frustration within the black community. A sense that little justice is ever achieved in situations like this. A sense that our lives don't matter. When a whole community starts thinking that way, bad things tend to happen. For it means that that community no longer believes that it can ever attain justice within the official framework. Now I am not saying that in all situations involving law enforcement and black people, LEO is at fault. But too many times, in too many places, bad endings seem to occur in situations that hardly warrant them.

Like all things involving a sense of injustice, eventually the aggrieved strike out in raw, pent up anger. When that happens, when the boiling point is reached, you get either riots or revolt. Either way, this does not need to, and should never be allowed to get to the point where it has to happen. Sadly, this is where we are heading ...

• Like 6

Just arrest the officers involved. Put them through all of the same rigors of the law that a normal citizen goes through and most of the noise goes away. 

There was multiple witnesses to what happened there, and these officers are still free and basically their word taken over all of the witnesses and video evidence. You have to arrest them just as you would anyone else with so many witnesses and evidence of wrongful actions involved in a death. You have to. 

If the law is lawless, then the people are going to go next level as we see. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just arrest the officers involved. Put them through all of the same rigors of the law that a normal citizen goes through and most of the noise goes away. 

There was multiple witnesses to what happened there, and these officers are still free and basically their word taken over all of the witnesses and video evidence. You have to arrest them just as you would anyone else with so many witnesses and evidence of wrongful actions involved in a death. You have to. 

If the law is lawless, then the people are going to go next level as we see. 

That is exactly right. If you feel you have no legal recourse, at some stage you lash out in rage. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

And a guy who has no business being in the position he is once again shows his ridiculous leadership style:

image.png.a97fb982dbf01fe9fa06015fafc2049c.png

He's right. If people want to protest they should be allowed. In this case like all the others it is warranted. But looting and burning down their neighborhoods. That is fucking stupid. Then you hear the mayor and other officials saying they are giving them space to vent. No what they are doing is allowing them to destroy where they live. Where they do business. Where other minorities have businesses. And the people eat it all up. Loot and destroy...their own fucking neighborhoods. Do you think the Mayor and other officials would give people space to vent if they were looting and destroying neighborhoods that they live in? fuck no they wouldn’

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

13 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

He's right. If people want to protest they should be allowed. In this case like all the others it is warranted. But looting and burning down their neighborhoods. That is fucking stupid. Then you hear the mayor and other officials saying they are giving them space to vent. No what they are doing is allowing them to destroy where they live. Where they do business. Where other minorities have businesses. And the people eat it all up. Loot and destroy...their own fucking neighborhoods. Do you think the Mayor and other officials would give people space to vent if they were looting and destroying neighborhoods that they live in? fuck no they wouldn’

I saw a video of a group of African Americans riding around fucking up all the looters saying we’re here to protest not destroy our community, I’ll see if I can find that video

it sucks cause where the fuck you supposed to get diapers and health supplies food and clothing when your community just torched down the whole city

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Bullshit. The mayor has asked the people to not "let tragedy beget more tragedy" and has pleaded with them to not loot and destroy. He is not allowing any such behavior, except a right to peacefully protest. And the president of our country uses this as another opportunity to knock his opposition by calling the mayor of Minneapolis a "very weak Radical Left Mayor." Don't pretend otherwise.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I saw a video of a group of African Americans riding around fucking up all the looters saying we’re here to protest not destroy our community, I’ll see if I can find that video

it sucks cause where the fuck you supposed to get diapers and health supplies food and clothing when your community just torched down the whole city

Its not just black people looting man. Thats part of the problem. Its people that dont even live there fucking this neighborhood up 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't agree with the looting and rioting because these are places you're gonna wake up need the next day... 

But the anger is well warranted... Tell me how this officer has had 18 previous complaints but he's still apart of the force?  No reprimands or anything?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/minneapolis-officer-complaints-george-floyd/index.html

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I don't agree with the looting and rioting because these are places you're gonna wake up need the next day... 

But the anger is well warranted... Tell me how this officer has had 18 previous complaints but he's still apart of the force?  No reprimands or anything?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/minneapolis-officer-complaints-george-floyd/index.html

There is no exuse for this fucking dirt bag. Anyone trying to make one just loves to argue. The fuck should be in jail right now waiting for trial.

Anger although warranted looting and burning down your own neighborhood is not the way to express this anger. The people stealing and burning down other minority owned business dont give a fuck about the man that was killed.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Just came out that the officer and Floyd used to work together as security at a restaurant in town

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Just came out that the officer and Floyd used to work together as security at a restaurant in town

Dude looks like he had a sex change operation. He doesn't quite fill out his sleeves like most cops do. Ankles can't handle those boots, either. Probably was a scared security guard too. Shallow of me? Yep. But fuck him.

image.png.4975dfda88f4d5d685ceed56c31b405b.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

Bullshit. The mayor has asked the people to not "let tragedy beget more tragedy" and has pleaded with them to not loot and destroy. He is not allowing any such behavior, except a right to peacefully protest. And the president of our country uses this as another opportunity to knock his opposition by calling the mayor of Minneapolis a "very weak Radical Left Mayor." Don't pretend otherwise.

Exactly 100% correct.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The law has always been lawless. It appears to be getting much worse as we evolve as a young nation.

Not just in this case but so many others as well. 

Well, it's just interesting how we are being policed. Idk whether this incident was racially motivated or not, and it doesn't matter really. The colors of the people involved don't matter. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong regardless of color. 

It's interesting how a guy can go in and shoot up a church or school, and a guy can set up a pressure cooker bomb at a marathon and be taken alive. These are very violent people, and they get taken alive. This guy apparently used a counterfeit bill, and may not have even known it was counterfeit, and a cop chokes him to death in the street with people watching and pleading. Other police just standing there. 

Fuck it. Burn the whole shit down. I don't blame the people for lashing out. I don't think they're doing it right, but, they'll get attention one way or the other. Kap kneeling didn't solve it so fuck it. Burn it down. 

• Thanks 1