George Floyd’s Death and Protests

12 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Well, Amy Klobuchar was the prosecutor for Minneapolis during the officer's run of previous excessive force complaints, and declined to prosecute him on any of them. She also declined to prosecute 24 other instances of excessive force by other police officers. 

Hope this helps. 

Good to know Minneapolis as a whole is slacking Horribly.... 

We as a nation love to sweep our problems under the rug until they comeback tenfold.... 

We're the king's of doing that. 

But when it boils over everybody wants to go on the offensive... When half our problems could be solved if we confronted them head on when they first come up. 

All these complaints and nobody did anything? 

Sometimes the Powdered Keg has to explode to get folks attention huh....

• Like 2

As a boy, my Dad told me “Don’t shit where you eat.” This is an instance where that applies. 
Why you would destroy your own fucking community? It is the epitome of stupidly, IMO. 

Now if these people went to the governors mansion or mayors house, I’d be intrigued. But this? This is people looking to steal shit because they can. It solves nothing and diminishes the cause. 

“We want to honor “insert name here” because they were good people! We intend to honor their memory by breaking laws and destroying innocent people’s livelihoods who had nothing to do with this!”

Sorry. I don’t get it and never will. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Fuck it. Burn the whole shit down

This comment puts you in the 66 intellect grouping. How’s the view down there? 

Yes, burn down low income housing and 170 businesses, btw some owned by black people 🤷‍♂️

But burn baby burn! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedZone said:

We live in a calculus world when simple addition and subtraction would work just fine most of the time. 

What deep thought. 

What type of quantitative mathematics calls for  the use of the N word? 

You of all people should probably sit this one out .... just a thought. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Rioting was the only way this kind excessive force will get the attention it needed.

Has Minneapolis recovered after the riots following Justine Damond’s untimed death by law enforcement? Google that because you’re in the dark probably.  Media didn’t cover that one too much huh? 

Hmmmm 🤔

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

What deep thought. 

What type of quantitative mathematics calls for  the use of the N word? 

You of all people should probably sit this one out .... just a thought. 

Pretty humorous stuff coming from a sad trumper..     your lot has proven to have NO shame though.

You condem the world, but give the most racist President this county has ever had a free pass. 

Take a hike.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

There's protest in Atlanta as well... 

CNN is under attack... C'mon man this is ridiculous now... 

The city of Minneapolis should've long since fired this dude... 

I75 In Cincy is filled with protestors and shut down as we speak. 

Minneapolis - St. Paul is one of the most liberal cities in the nation.  The Star -Tribune is one of the most liberal papers.  To the extent this (the police brutality) has been allowed to fester there, it is a failure of liberal leadership.  Burn Minneapolis down = turn Minnesota red.

The lockdown protestors did not burn things and destroy property, did not get people killed - and were called fascists and worse.  Even the liberal Wisconsin protestors against Scott Walker several years ago did not engage in destruction and mayhem.  Nor did Martin Luther King, the Selma marchers etc.  There is a right way and a wrong way.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Pretty humorous stuff coming from a sad trumper..     your lot has proven to have NO shame though.

You condem the world, but give the most racist President this county has ever had a free pass. 

Take a hike.

What did I tell you bitch? Take your fucking racist ass on. 

• Thumbs Down 1

33 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Has anyone mentioned these protestors are spreading the coronavirus?  Not much social distancing going on there.

They are ALL taking hydroxychloroquine...a drug YOU and trump were/are so high on...

Remember? "will be the standard" lmao

59 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Minneapolis - St. Paul is one of the most liberal cities in the nation.  The Star -Tribune is one of the most liberal papers.  To the extent this (the police brutality) has been allowed to fester there, it is a failure of liberal leadership.  Burn Minneapolis down = turn Minnesota red.

Big win for trump tonight, right bormio?

5 hours ago, Bormio said:

Yup - voters hate riots

Doubtful this helps him much, or at all.

He's abdicated leadership on this, and threw gas on the fire with his flagged tweet where he borderline or outright called for the slaughter of American citizens, on American soil - for what amounts to property crimes. (In no way do I feel these idiot rioters are doing any good - I am distinguishing between the rioters and the protesters, but walking up to that line of calling for them to be shot was disgraceful of a sitting President to do no matter how idiotic the looters are).

"These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!" - Donald Trump

I don't see how you can spin that. At best, he's inciting people to riot more by being an internet troll asshole that happens to be the President, at worst...well, he's calling for a mass casualty event of American citizens. (His ignorance of the racist origin of that statement was another horrifically stupid mistake on his part).

Rioters won't like that...but neither will people that hate riots.

He's been incapable of providing any comfort to a country on fire and swarmed with pestilence and his disapproval numbers are consistently awful, even in the most Republican leaning of polls (Rasmussen for example).

These riots could normally work in his favor, but he's done nothing to calm them, and has only made his own weakness (ability to show genuine empathy) more a star of the show. He's very good at blaming people though, but I'm not sure that help at all right now when people are looking for real answers.

People hate riots...okay, and HOW has Trump made that fact work in his favor?

"Just because?" seems to be your reasoning.

Nobody is buying into that nonsense walk-back tweet he tossed up today in reference to his "looting/shooting" tweet from earlier, and he scampered away after that press conference without taking a single question - the TOUGH GUY you all say he is was afraid to man up to his own stupid words and instead ran away more afraid than he was of the Vietnam War.

I thought Donald Trump vowed that "This American carnage is over," however it seems after 3.5 years of Trump's America it would seem to be as bad as it has been in quite some time.

You may well be right though; after all, his approval numbers can't get much worse so maybe so by default this can't possibly hurt him more than he's already hurt himself the last few months (in terms of public approval numbers).

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3