Justyn Ross out for next season...and maybe more?

954gator

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

How is it that college stars are always finding out about these types of injuries before they get drafted and not earlier.    With all the money in NcAA football can’t they do more thorough exams on these kids sooner?

But, but, that would eat into profits. I don't think so ...

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Yeah, former Packer Kiel Pollard (South Carolina) had the same congenital issue and made the choice to not have a surgery and basically ended his college football career with one final year of eligibility left. 

While every case is different, Kiel made a difficult choice after learning the prognosis for the surgery. He didn't expect to be a highly sought after NFL recruit though, so that obviously helped him make the decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, former Packer Kiel Pollard (South Carolina) had the same congenital issue and made the choice to not have a surgery and basically ended his college football career with one final year of eligibility left. 

While every case is different, Kiel made a difficult choice after learning the prognosis for the surgery. He didn't expect to be a highly sought after NFL recruit though, so that obviously helped him make the decision.

Hate that for the kid and Ross too. Nothing sucks like having a dream dashed by injury, believe me. 

Hope the young man is able to have a successful surgery and has no lingering effects going forward.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Hate that for the kid and Ross too. Nothing sucks like having a dream dashed by injury, believe me. 

Hope the young man is able to have a successful surgery and has no lingering effects going forward.

I think he's decided to just not have the surgery at all and go into coaching. South Carolina let him be what amounted to a sideline coach this past season and treated him really well as far as scholie and all that. Maybe they even hire him to be on staff this season. Idk where he'll land. Great kid that's grown up  into an impressive man. So far so good on his success story I think. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Worst case for me was a Fl kid named Randy Russell.   Great Gator and hasn’t played a down for us.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mygamedaygal.com/2020/04/16/randy-russell/amp/

I have to add to my post on Kiel. I can't find any confirmation on the fused vertebrae. I was told that he had a neck injury on the field and a congenital issue was found when they were xray studying that, by a close family member of his. I could be wrong on it being this same issue as Kiel's official statement was he had a broken bone in there and just decided to not try surgeries or anything after consults with his doctors. 

• Like 1