Georgia players and parents will be required

Ga96

41 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

To sign permission slips before players can begin workouts. Expect most schools to start varsity practice Monday and 9th and below the following week.

Hoss...you should see the waiver I had to sign to go back to the Amelia "Y".  My legal guys said...not to.  But...what in the hell do they know?

Went today.  Struggled with 225.  First time since March 14th.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Hoss...you should see the waiver I had to sign to go back to the Amelia "Y".  My legal guys said...not to.  But...what in the hell do they know?

Rufus>>

I might be stubborn but I think all anyone needs its the ole herschel walker routine. 1k pushups 1k crunches. Now I haven't been following any routine myself and have stayed in as much as possible due to my own ailments. You seem like the type of guy to stay to himself so I think you're going about things the right way.

• Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I might be stubborn but I think all anyone needs its the ole herschel walker routine. 1k pushups 1k crunches. Now I haven't been following any routine myself and have stayed in as much as possible due to my own ailments. You seem like the type of guy to stay to himself so I think you're going about things the right way.

Well...for full disclosure...I stay where Ms. Violet stays....(Smile).

But...you are pretty much in sync.  With the COVID scare...we've adjusted our routine to reflect the "shelter in place".  We've cancelled (3) trips.  One to Helen...one to New Orleans...and one to Charleston.  I haven't seen my children since December 2019 and that has been tough.  The "Y" shut down in mid-March...and you might say I was a regular attendee.

Ms. Violet says things will get back to normal...but I'm not sure we'll ever see those days again.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

I'll just stick with the 10-hr workday and 3-5 mile walks with the Mrs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

But...you are pretty much in sync.  With the COVID scare...we've adjusted our routine to reflect the "shelter in place".  We've cancelled (3) trips.  One to Helen...one to New Orleans...and one to Charleston.  I haven't seen my children since December 2019 and that has been tough.  The "Y" shut down in mid-March...and you might say I was a regular attendee.

Ms. Violet says things will get back to normal...but I'm not sure we'll ever see those days again.

Rufus>>

Yeah same I think once things clear up. It'll be normal for those who aren't risk unless we get a real cure but im sure you know no one cares to cure illnesses because you can't profit from cures that long. Sucks you can't see your kids I got nieces and nephews im tired of seeing.

22 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Hate that you haven’t seen your kids in that long. That sucks. 

As far as trips go, all I can say is iff’n you do choose to travel, be careful. 

The one positive from this whole mess is that more people seem to be taking their hygiene more seriously than before, which is good for everybody. Hate lying to somebody telling them I don’t feel well to avoid shaking their hand when I know they take a leak and don’t wash their hands. 

If you don’t mind my asking, what precautions has your Y taken? We are members at ours here in Marietta. Wife set up account so I’m not privy to the emails. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:24 PM, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Problem is body fluids on steel and how long perspiration lives on steel.  Or on a padded bench.  Be careful.  Use towels on everything you can, wash with Germ X or Purell don’t wipe off), shower at home. Remember when someone breathes hard or grunts breathe can be blown five or six feet or more.

Be careful-a gym can be s a breeding ground.  

Some gyms may want you to wear a mask. I miss the hell out of my Y.  I went 270-+ times in my first year and desperately want to go back.  But here (DC suburbs) gyms are last to open.

6 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Problem is body fluids on steel and how long perspiration lives on steel.  Or on a padded bench.  Be careful.  Use towels on everything you can, wash with Germ X or Purell don’t wipe off), shower at home. Remember when someone breathes hard or grunts breathe can be blown five or six feet or more.

Some gyms may want you to wear a mask. I miss the hell out of my Y.  I went 270-+ times in my first year and desperately want to go back.  But here (DC suburbs) gyms are last to open.

You're spot on.  I'm pretty diligent with wiping and cleaning the machines and the "Y" staff has done a real good job spreading them out.  Albeit, they took up the social areas (much to the dismay of many) when doing so.   They have 15 treadmills and you can use 8 of them.  Every other one.  Surprisingly...masks are optional.   They have 2 different Senior times  (10-12; 2-4) but honestly...almost EVERYBODY is a Senior on Amelia.

But you're right...gyms are a breeding ground.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2020 at 2:37 AM, BigDrop said:

My daughter lives on 4th St about 2 blocks from NASA headquarters.  She and her boyfriend came down here for two weeks and she was telling me about how tight everything is locked down.  They got back about 9:00pm on the Sunday night everything went sideways in a big way - just beat the curfew.  I was stroking out all night until things settled down some.