Seeing where Bull Barge is coaching at Valdosta.

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

He is one the best non Hoover players I have ever watched he was elite high motor player.

Good for him. He was a hitter for sure. A little undersized or he would have been SEC caliber. Big heart, knock his ownself out to make the tackle. South Georgia style football player. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Good for him. He was a hitter for sure. A little undersized or he would have been SEC caliber. Big heart, knock his ownself out to make the tackle. South Georgia style football player. 

He moved around the field like Roquan Smith. I loved watching him play. Those 14 and 15 teams had some great leaders as well as players. The Packers have lacked that since they all graduated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

He moved around the field like Roquan Smith. I loved watching him play. Those 14 and 15 teams had some great leaders as well as players. The Packers have lacked that since they all graduated.

Just never really had all the pieces all at once exactly the same. Seemed like we started having a little of that me me me shit filtering in and really could never get it out. Maybe that kind of comes with great success like that. 

Those were a lot of selfless and humble players on those teams.  I think that did make a lot of difference. All the attention after that run kind of made too many big heads, and it kind of showed up at the worst times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just never really had all the pieces all at once exactly the same. Seemed like we started having a little of that me me me shit filtering in and really could never get it out. Maybe that kind of comes with great success like that. 

Those were a lot of selfless and humble players on those teams.  I think that did make a lot of difference. All the attention after that run kind of made too many big heads, and it kind of showed up at the worst times.

Sometimes the most talented teams can't win it all due to egos and thinking about college offers. Hoover's most talented team was in 2006 we went 14-2 between getting  time on MTV and spending to much time thinking about college never played as one. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Still hard to believe a kid like him did not get a bunch of SEC offers. I have seen a lot of kids at LB go ahead play in the SEC  that were not near his level. A lot of times I think recruiting measures size instead of heart and will.

That's how recruiting has been for south Ga.  Most recruiters are piss poor at their jobs. they just go with the kids that get all the attention and hype( metro Atlanta) and ignore south Ga. Same with Florida the look at Miami to lakekand and skip north florida. Its getting a little better but still not on the level as other areas. Even camps kids have to go to either Atlanta or Miami to participate in high profile camps. They have them in Orlando on rare occasions but factor in how many of those kids are able to travel its no help for those kids. That's why packers love rush and cats and vikings are backing rush and dubose.

36 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Still hard to believe a kid like him did not get a bunch of SEC offers. I have seen a lot of kids at LB go ahead play in the SEC  that were not near his level. A lot of times I think recruiting measures size instead of heart and will.

It does measure size instead of heart and will. I think they miss on some real gems at times due to that, but, they end up doing OK usually either way. 

Bull made his own way without them.