Maxpreps preseason top 25

HurricaneNick

11 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Interesting...GC really stepping up their schedule...four Top 20 teams from the DMV (only state with four is California...three from Texas and Florida)... pretty impressive for such a small area.

Good Counsel’s starting QB announced his transfer to St. Albans DC. I get why he would make the move academically, but do you know who is up next at GC? 

3 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Good Counsel’s starting QB announced his transfer to St. Albans DC. I get why he would make the move academically, but do you know who is up next at GC? 

No idea...the ex-DeMatha QB has gotten huge and is a starting lb...guess they can find somebody to hand off 40 times a game.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, WCACguy said:

No idea...the ex-DeMatha QB has gotten huge and is a starting lb...guess they can find somebody to hand off 40 times a game.

Look for a 6-6 210 sophomore to take the job but w/ Trace getting 5-6 snaps a game as an RPO player ... Yes agree with 5 OL coming back plus a 6-6 310 OT transfer and both RB's back it will be run run run at GC  

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 10:57 AM, LT4Spartan06 said:

Shoot I would take 16-21 over 10-15...

100% agree.  But it is MaxPreps and it is pre preseason so we gotta take it with a grain of salt.  As the season progresses they will start to mirror their rankings from more accurate polls such as our comp poll. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 4:11 PM, HurricaneNick said:

+ All American BJ Tolo #1 OG ‘23, Leviticus Su’a, Cameron Sidney, Josh hunter, Shoes Brinkley, + the other guys with offers. MD is loaded, I do not think we’ll hear the overrated chants this year. Except maybe from Servite but you know how frustrated they get during MD games

It reminds me, I was not in attendance at that game, it was the 2008 MD-Servite game at CSUF, that was Matt Barkley's final game against Servite, and the last game before the streak ended the following season.

MD fans chanted against Servite when the game was over "maybe next year", over and over out loud.

It's strange how that prophecy came true, but I'm sure it's no big deal to MD since they have lost only 3 times to Servite in the Rollo era over 30 years.

9 hours ago, Falcon said:

Look for a 6-6 210 sophomore to take the job but w/ Trace getting 5-6 snaps a game as an RPO player ... Yes agree with 5 OL coming back plus a 6-6 310 OT transfer and both RB's back it will be run run run at GC  

Is that the kid who started for the JV but got hurt? From Columbia or somewhere inHoward County?

9 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Big kid...heard some good things about him. Before the transfer did he have a shot to win the job? Is he a dual threat or primarily a passer?

Yes he did ... He is legit .. RPO QB with a ton of upside .. Chase peaked don’t think he was going to get better playing in the WCAC and a national schedule .. QB will be by committee for sure in 2020 with Ben Neeo and Trace but that’s ok GC will be very very physical on offense 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 3:18 PM, Ga96 said:

Yeah the ones actually playing on the field won't be home grown. I know you all glorify it because its the only way your teams have a chance. Its sad that you idiots actually think its a good thing. You'll be looking like marietta next year until you can recruit a new squad again.

You know way less about Grayson than you think you do.  Have you talked to our coach about his playing philosophy?  I have.  Did you pay any attention last year?  Obviously not.  I think the gnats buzzing in your ears have rattled your brains.

On 6/16/2020 at 3:32 PM, Columbiafan said:

I suppose that's fair, even though personally I feel like IMG biggest advantage is they usually hold a size advantage and they wear teams down

The year we played them their O line was an inch taller and 20lbs heavier on average than the Atlanta Falcons that year.

• Thanks 1