Georgia 7A Football Predictions 2020

ngdawg

13 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Hey Dog boy is it safe to say Buford and Marietta won’t win the chip this year?

Buford and Valdosta look clean as compeititors for the 6A crown, but I highly doubt Marietta has a repeat championship. I may get hate from @Sweetlarry for that but with Parkview, Grayson, Lowndes, North Gwinnett, etc., Marietta doesn't stand a chance for a repeat.

28 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Buford and Valdosta look clean as compeititors for the 6A crown, but I highly doubt Marietta has a repeat championship. I may get hate from @Sweetlarry for that but with Parkview, Grayson, Lowndes, North Gwinnett, etc., Marietta doesn't stand a chance for a repeat.

Carrollton, Lee and westlake are the other 6a contenders and those mofos are loaded! It's gonna be an exciting 6a playoffs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Carrollton, Lee and westlake are the other 6a contenders and those mofos are loaded! It's gonna be an exciting 6a playoffs.

6A may be more interesting than 7A, I think I said it once, and I'll say it again. So many contenders from that level.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Interesting, with the stated mission of “ offering a good education” as the incentive it’s a wonder Marietta doesn’t lock down the Metro!

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 1:31 PM, georgiagator1 said:

Its been tried. Unsuccessful. He is the Lowndes rabid.. GA posters will know who that is, as do most of you.

Let’s be clear here friend we may support the same HS team but anything with gator in it smells like a Columbia supporter. Willing to bet I was with the Vikings before you or your second cousin near the I-10 and I-75 intersection Lake City area. Sounds like a possible new location for you and assist travel costs to the swamp.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ngdawg said:

No hate from me. We have a younger team this year. We will be better than many think and have enough talent to to shock a few folks, but I’m a realist. I know there are a lot of variables to actually WIN a title, as opposed to a good playoff run. Hope we get to find out. 

After much prayer, discussion and consideration we are sending our kids to schooL next month when they’re allows to go back. I know some folks who are keeping their kids home and I respect those decisions, we just feel that it’s time and that the proper precautions will be taken to keep our kids safe. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

No hate from me. We have a younger team this year. We will be better than many think and have enough talent to to shock a few folks, but I’m a realist. I know there are a lot of variables to actually WIN a title, as opposed to a good playoff run. Hope we get to find out. 

After much prayer, discussion and consideration we are sending our kids to schooL next month when they’re allows to go back. I know some folks who are keeping their kids home and I respect those decisions, we just feel that it’s time and that the proper precautions will be taken to keep our kids safe. 

Thank you for revealing this. At the moment, I am likely going to return to school as normal, too, but the decision is not finalized with my parents. We are all well aware of the risks, but my parents realize that it is my senior year and my last chance to see the friends that have shaped me the past few years. It is a very tough decision and I can't imagine that you'll have no regrets with either decision you make. 

Also, look for Lowndes to play North Forsyth if they can't find anyone from another class or OOS. Both teams have OOS games scheduled on the 4th of September, so they could end up playing each other. Tift County and Brookwood will likely have to schedule teams from lower classes to fill their final slot, as well as Camden's first OOS game. Milton has scheduled Hapeville Charter to relieve one of their OOS games after the game against St. Johns College.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Also, look for Lowndes to play North Forsyth if they can't find anyone from another class or OOS. Both teams have OOS games scheduled on the 4th of September, so they could end up playing each other. Tift County and Brookwood will likely have to schedule teams from lower classes to fill their final slot, as well as Camden's first OOS game. Milton has scheduled Hapeville Charter to relieve one of their OOS games after the game against St. Johns College.

Hmmm... I don't think Tift and Dothan(AL) will be cancelled they're all of about an 2 hours and 20 minutes apart... On a rough day... If 82 west is clear then it might be an 2 hours  on the dot... 

But there's always that chance... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Also, look for Grayson to play Camden County on September 18th. Both teams play OOS games that day and if both get canceled, they could potentially play each other. This is my early prediction. 

Camden will probably look for a lower class local team like Ware to replace it... 

Camden already has so many away games that are long distance... 

Disadvantage of being at the edge of a fat state like Georgia...

Every game feels like an OOS game

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 8:32 AM, ngdawg said:

I see your point, but Grayson's nonregion slate is a little weaker than I would think for a potential state championship team. You open with Creekview and play Bryant later on. Stephenson is a good game, along with McEachern and Archer. I just feel like Grayson should have switched either Creekview or Bryant to a better opponent, especially considering that they are favorites to win state.

To a large degree, you play the games you can get.  When 7A came into being and the regions were realigned, Brookwod and Parkview were no longer in our region and they took that opportunity to refuse to play us until this coming year (assuming it gets played) when realignment again put them in our region.  We had been playing them since we started playing region football after we opened but they noped right on out of there after we got good and they weren't required to anymore.

On 7/1/2020 at 9:48 AM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Grayson  is the St. Peter’s prep of Ga,

Plethora of D1 athletes and  unlimited resources

but says F the national rankings all were worried about is winning States

On 7/1/2020 at 10:06 AM, ngdawg said:

I mean, several years ago, Grayson was ranked 4th in the country. But yeah, state seems to be their goal. @Fred and other Grayson fans may know more about this.

I think the feeling might be that if we take care of our state then the national rankings will follow.  I think after a couple of years to right some of the issues the program was experiencing you might see us scheduling some of the national teams.  That's my opine so don't take it to the bank.  I know there are those in the power structure that enjoyed the attention but recognize we've got to take care of home first.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

To a large degree, you play the games you can get.  When 7A came into being and the regions were realigned, Brookwod and Parkview were no longer in our region and they took that opportunity to refuse to play us until this coming year (assuming it gets played) when realignment again put them in our region.  We had been playing them since we started playing region football after we opened but they noped right on out of there after we got good and they weren't required to anymore.

I wish we had scheduled you. That would be a revenge game from the 2017 second round, when we halted your repeat championship run. I can see why many team would shy away from playing Grayson, though, because they are stacked. I feel like you should have been invited to the Corky Kell to play Roswell or another good team that provides an opportunity for revenge. But despite my hate, I think Grayson's schedule is fine, but it definitely could be harder.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:24 AM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

For only $99.99 coach Watson will do a one time Retweet of any highlight of your choice , for additional $20 he’ll post a  🔥 emoji

Except his tweets/retweets are seen and considered by many that count.  In your dreams you could only hope to have that kind of access and influence.

18 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

No need to wait. Here’s 11x (yes, eleven) I found instantly where you mentioned him by name. Let’s go pull the other times where you called him KW

802CD1C1-AFE8-4BA6-8104-1E5DCC4703AE.jpeg

8D9D7112-7CE5-4534-B636-D77F16DD1761.jpeg

D5258B81-AE67-44C5-947B-96E3E6F5C854.jpeg

FAEEBAAD-0A13-43A4-AF60-08082B503AD3.jpeg

19 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

You talk about KW all the time, it’s extremely weird. Haven’t been on months and you’re still talking about him to this day

Far be it for me to get between the two of you lovebirds but in fairness, One of the references you quoted was about Kenyatta JR and not SR.  And I will say the implication of your post as I read it was there were a multitude of *recent* posts.  Going back that far doesn't constitute recent to me.

Carry on.

Just now, ngdawg said:

@Fred@BUFORDGAWOLVES@FootballGuy@MTP28@Ga96@georgiagator1@Sweetlarry@TheMaximumHornetSting@CCBlackhatter@Rufus69@HawgGoneIt and basically everyone who follows Georgia football: What are your top 3 games of the year for any class of Georgia football next year?

Valdosta at Colquitt for obvious reasons. 

Grayson vs. McEachern

Archer ar North Gwinnett

All those seem like they'll be some slobberkmockers

12 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

@Fred@BUFORDGAWOLVES@FootballGuy@MTP28@Ga96@georgiagator1@Sweetlarry@TheMaximumHornetSting@CCBlackhatter@Rufus69@HawgGoneIt and basically everyone who follows Georgia football: What are your top 3 games of the year for any class of Georgia football next year?

Idk yet I've been thinking about that recently

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Camden will probably look for a lower class local team like Ware to replace it... 

Camden already has so many away games that are long distance... 

Disadvantage of being at the edge of a fat state like Georgia...

Every game feels like an OOS game

Biggest state east of the Mississippi.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Valdosta at Colquitt for obvious reasons. 

Grayson vs. McEachern

Archer ar North Gwinnett

All those seem like they'll be some slobberkmockers

Interesting. What about Parkview vs. North Gwinnett and Parkview vs. Grayson? Lowndes vs. Valdosta could be a top 3 game, too. But I like your take on this.