Georgia 7A Football Predictions 2020

ngdawg

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’m not sold on anybody. But I’ll tell you what, I’d take Burrow over Lawrence eight days a week. 

What he did this year was something nobody had ever done. EVER! The completion percentage combined with the TDs and the ridiculous ability to extend plays is otherworldly. 
He finally ran an offense suited to his skill set. 

He wasn’t bad last year, especially when you consider he had a grand total of a few months to get used to his new teammates, school and surroundings. 

He ran up in the puppies in 2018 Just as deep as last year. Went balls deep in Dabo and Saban too. 

Now don't get me wrong, I understand LSU is your squad, so the bias is understood, but this sound like a case of being a prisoner of the moment based off of what he accomplished this past season. 

The last player who had one year of production, won hesiman and natty is Cam Newton. If Joe can pull a Cam Newton (Cam's healthy years/best years at Carolina), then I'll be sold. But as of now, I'm taking Trevor. Got busy as a freshman, took Kelly's job, won a natty by throttling Bama. Suffered from the championship hangover and threw a few picks in the beginning of the season and got right the rest of the season. Lost one game as a starter (had an average/below average game in the natty.....missed quite a few throws that he usually makes). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Now don't get me wrong, I understand LSU is your squad, so the bias is understood, but this sound like a case of being a prisoner of the moment based off of what he accomplished this past season. 

The last player who had one year of production, won hesiman and natty is Cam Newton. If Joe can pull a Cam Newton (Cam's healthy years/best years at Carolina), then I'll be sold. But as of now, I'm taking Trevor. Got busy as a freshman, took Kelly's job, won a natty by throttling Bama. Suffered from the championship hangover and threw a few picks in the beginning of the season and got right the rest of the season. Lost one game as a starter (had an average/below average game in the natty.....missed quite a few throws that he usually makes). 

Agree when speaking of extending plays Trevor displayed that. This coupled with a stronger arm and physical stature makes him the pick.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:50 PM, FootballGuy said:

See that’s the thing. I’ve seen Trevor play in His biggest games and he has the same affliction. He chucks a lot of floaters. He did so against bama as well but was bailed out a few times by great WRs. You don’t see it often because he rarely plays other great teams. 

time will tell

4 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

See that’s the thing. I’ve seen Trevor play in His biggest games and he has the same affliction. He chucks a lot of floaters. He did so against bama as well but was bailed out a few times by great WRs. You don’t see it often because he rarely plays other great teams. 

time will tell

If you go back to his high school days, when did he not perform at a high level besides the BT game? He has two rings to his credit. 

And from what I seen, he has a lot of zip on those passes and 9 times out of 10 they were on point. I hope I'm comprehending this wrong, but are you implying that his receivers make him look better than what he is? I saw you use the word "great," so if they're great, what is he? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

If you go back to his high school days, when did he not perform at a high level besides the BT game? He has two rings to his credit. 

And from what I seen, he has a lot of zip on those passes and 9 times out of 10 they were on point. I hope I'm comprehending this wrong, but are you implying that his receivers make him look better than what he is? I saw you use the word "great," so if they're great, what is he? 

I do not think he is as good as advertised. He has been anointed as the wunderkind.

I can’t call it. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Speaking of great receivers and “pulling him out” look no further than LSU 2019. Burrow had a great year but let’s say he had Georgia’s WR he’s a middle of the pack in SEC stats. Lawerence is a more complete QB top to bottom. Took more snaps, played in more meaningful games and will have a longer career in the league. Simply said LSU, Milton and of course Marietta are one hit wonders.

2020 will bear this out if anyone plays!!

4 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Speaking of great receivers and “pulling him out” look no further than LSU 2019. Burrow had a great year but let’s say he had Georgia’s WR he’s a middle of the pack in SEC stats. Lawerence is a more complete QB top to bottom. Took more snaps, played in more meaningful games and will have a longer career in the league. Simply said LSU, Milton and of course Marietta are one hit wonders.

Truth be told, he (Joe) had those same receivers in 2018 and only threw 16....yes, 16 touchdowns. No one that I know was trippin on Joe Burrow before this past season. A lot of people didn't even know he even existed at Ohio State. I said this before and I'll say it again: he owes Joe Brady big time. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Truth be told, he (Joe) had those same receivers in 2018 and only threw 16....yes, 16 touchdowns. No one that I know was trippin on Joe Burrow before this past season. A lot of people didn't even know he even existed at Ohio State. I said this before and I'll say it again: he owes Joe Brady big time. 

Agreed, the next level is going to be an even bigger challenge. The OC was very good. Kid has talent but I will be surprised if he plays more than 5 years.

On 7/12/2020 at 4:57 AM, MTP28 said:

Whereas lowends and the puppy pissers are no hit wonders! 

Tell me again how LSU hasn’t seen a defense like puppy piss and how much trouble we were gonna be in.

And for fuck sakes, answer the question as to why the great lowends homegrowns who are all about community pride hired a dude from another fucking state to lead all of the kids who grew up in lowends district. Seriously. 

It’s been months and you have never answered the question. What a fucking bum. 

• Haha 2

On 7/12/2020 at 9:42 AM, FootballGuy said:

He had a bunch of underclassmen receivers that he spent less than two months with before the season started. Wtf did you expect?

Changing the offense certainly helped, but anybody who watches LSU and thinks Burrow was a system QB knows zero about football. 

Then again.......

40 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

He had a bunch of underclassmen receivers that he spent less than two months with before the season started. Wtf did you expect?

Changing the offense certainly helped, but anybody who watches LSU and thinks Burrow was a system QB knows zero about football. 

Then again.......

Like I said, I understand the bias for your guy/team, but one season worth of production means that he's the real deal? The guy barely got on the field at OSU and he's still that dude? Even Tate Martell was getting more burn at OSU over him!!! Give Joe a full off season with those same guys (two freshmen and two sophomores) without JB, does he put up the same numbers? 

21 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Like I said, I understand the bias for your guy/team, but one season worth of production means that he's the real deal? The guy barely got on the field at OSU and he's still that dude? Even Tate Martell was getting more burn at OSU over him!!! Give Joe a full off season with those same guys (two freshmen and two sophomores) without JB, does he put up the same numbers? 

Are you this dumb or joking? Seriously.

Burrow has beaten Haskins out for the backup job them broke his finger. Haskins came in against Michigan and beat them and was anointed after that. The following spring, per many osu beat guys, Burrow beat Haskins out but Meyer gave the job to Haskins.

Go ask OSU people. 

8 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Burrow has beaten Haskins out for the backup job them broke his finger. Haskins came in against Michigan and beat them and was anointed after that. The following spring, per many osu beat guys, Burrow beat Haskins out but Meyer gave the job to Haskins.

Go ask OSU people. 

OSU person here.

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

Then you know that Burrow had beaten Haskins out prior to breaking his finger. 

I assume you also know how most of the team and beat writers said Burrow beat him out as well. 

You're right. Only change is that he broke his hand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Go ask OSU people. 

So now your so close to the OSU writers and you question the great Urban Cryer? This again demonstrates the far reaches you go too to prove a really meaningful position. As I said before Burrows had a good year. Boy you must be exhausted being a self proclaimed LSU guy and also be in tune with OSU beat writers. Paul Finebaum beware. 

you are a serious dumbass. 

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

So now your so close to the OSU writers and you question the great Urban Cryer? This again demonstrates the far reaches you go too to prove a really meaningful position. As I said before Burrows had a good year. Boy you must be exhausted being a self proclaimed LSU guy and also be in tune with OSU beat writers. Paul Finebaum beware. 

you are a serious dumbass. 

Ask the osu kid in the thread what happened. It isn’t being close to anybody, but an ability to read and comprehend above a third grade level. 

This is a skill you have proven many times over that you lack. 

8 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

You wanna explain this to “football guy” who said tathan was getting more run than Burrow. 

TIA

In 2017, Tate Martell didn't even see the field. Burrow went 7/11 for 61 yards and no touchdowns. However, in 2018, Burrow transferred and Martell took over the backup job. Martell got a lot of playing time mainly because Ohio State would easily jump out to a lead. As a result, Martell went 23/28 and 269 yds, with a touchdown to add. In the meanwhile, Burrow, at LSU, had thrown for 2,894 yds in his first year at LSU. He led them to a 10-3 record and a win over UCF. If Burrow was given the opportunity to start at Ohio State, I believe he would have done really well, but not as well as he did at LSU. And I do believe Burrow would have outplayed Martell. Burrow would have had a career at Ohio State if not for his injury, leading to a transfer. He singlehandedly brought LSU back to relevance, from losing to Troy without him in 2017 to winning a national championship over the legendary Clemson Tigers in 2019.

31 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

In 2017, Tate Martell didn't even see the field. Burrow went 7/11 for 61 yards and no touchdowns. However, in 2018, Burrow transferred and Martell took over the backup job. Martell got a lot of playing time mainly because Ohio State would easily jump out to a lead. As a result, Martell went 23/28 and 269 yds, with a touchdown to add. In the meanwhile, Burrow, at LSU, had thrown for 2,894 yds in his first year at LSU. He led them to a 10-3 record and a win over UCF. If Burrow was given the opportunity to start at Ohio State, I believe he would have done really well, but not as well as he did at LSU. And I do believe Burrow would have outplayed Martell. Burrow would have had a career at Ohio State if not for his injury, leading to a transfer. He singlehandedly brought LSU back to relevance, from losing to Troy without him in 2017 to winning a national championship over the legendary Clemson Tigers in 2019.

Here is where we disagree. We had 14 kids drafted and 5 more sign FA contracts. The staff did a great job of coaching the kids up. 

It will be almost impossible to duplicate last year, as it was the greatest CFB season ever witnessed. But undefeated seasons are tough to come by, ask pup fans who haven’t had better  than a two loss season with all of their 5* kids and great coaching. 

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

Here is where we disagree. We had 14 kids drafted and 5 more sign FA contracts. The staff did a great job of coaching the kids up. 

It will be almost impossible to duplicate last year, as it was the greatest CFB season ever witnessed. But undefeated seasons are tough to come by, ask pup fans who haven’t had better  than a two loss season with all of their 5* kids and great coaching. 

Wait, so what are you disagreeing with?