Georgia 7A Football Predictions 2020

ngdawg

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

I was very generous with both Denmark and Harrison, honestly this season is a toss-up for both of them. The reason I awarded Denmark so many wins is because I believe that the region they are in is VERY weak. There is not one team that is a standout favorite to win the region, and every team in the region is average. I also researched Denmark's past two years and they seem to be a team that is on the rise and could potentially morph into a Milton several years down the road. Additionally, Denmark picked up a player from North Gwinnett who I think could fit well in their scheme. Denmark's weak schedule accounts for their early exit in the playoffs against Cherokee.

McEachern was also a tough one. The Indians play a very bipolar schedule, against national powerhouses but also low-level teams like Campbell. The two games that may stand out are against Grayson and Marietta. I believe Marietta is a middle-of-the-pack team and McEachern should win by a touchdown or more. The Grayson game, however, was purely an upset. In years past, there have been some unpredictability issues with McEachern and such teams. I just think this is a game which Grayson underestimates and overprepares, and McEachern gets lucky and has a good night. Also, McEachern does seem to play well historically, so I subconsciously made sure they had more than 5 or 6 wins I guess.

See now I can't take you serious when you mention ga teams and "National Powerhouses".  It's block. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

See now I can't take you serious when you mention ga teams and "National Powerhouses".  It's block. 

I fail to see how Grayson and St. Thomas Aquinas cannot be considered national powerhouses. Additionally, Hillgrove is a well-matched opponent as well. Again, this is just in my opinion. And also I have no clue who "block" is.

12 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I fail to see how Grayson and St. Thomas Aquinas cannot be considered national powerhouses. Additionally, Hillgrove is a well-matched opponent as well. Again, this is just in my opinion. And also I have no clue who "block" is.

STA is mos def a national powerhouse.  I will give you that one. 

14 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Because Grayson got blown out by the rich kids of Bergen county which automatically cancel any GA team from being mentioned nationally 

• Haha 1

I do think Georgia teams should be considered when discussing teams that have been nationally good the past few years. For example, many people judged 2017 North Gwinnett simply off a sloppy state championship game. However, having been to every game, that North Gwinnett team was most definitely a top team in the country. This is the same with 2019 North Gwinnett. This team was probably better than the 2017 North Gwinnett team, and I truly believe that if they had not run into Lowndes in the semis, they would have won the title again.

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Camden against Marietta and Oakleaf were also close decisions I had to make. I don't know about against Colquitt though, they seem to always be good even if they don't have any 4 or 5 star players. And yes, the North Gwinnett vs. Parkview game is the one I'm most excited for, especially since I go to North Gwinnett. This game means much more than what it seems on the surface because North Gwinnett has the state's longest home winning streak at 25 games, with our last home loss being in September of 2016. I really want to see my high school career through without any home losses, but if there's one team that can beat us at home, it's Parkview.

If yall stop the run game it'll be a easy win. They are like the Lowndes of past year run heavy. If you can outrun them it'll go a long way. I wouldn't get pass happy because i hear they could have the best secondary in the state.

56 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I do think Georgia teams should be considered when discussing teams that have been nationally good the past few years. For example, many people judged 2017 North Gwinnett simply off a sloppy state championship game. However, having been to every game, that North Gwinnett team was most definitely a top team in the country. This is the same with 2019 North Gwinnett. This team was probably better than the 2017 North Gwinnett team, and I truly believe that if they had not run into Lowndes in the semis, they would have won the title again.

Can't talk to some on here. They only see teams that recruit as national powers because their public schools are terrible.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Ga96 said:

If yall stop the run game it'll be a easy win. They are like the Lowndes of past year run heavy. If you can outrun them it'll go a long way. I wouldn't get pass happy because i hear they could have the best secondary in the state.

Yeah, Cody Brown is quickly catching the eye of fans around the nation. If North Gwinnett sticks to their style of play (equal pass and rush numbers per game) we have a solid chance. It's gonna be a great game!

Just now, ngdawg said:

Yeah, Cody Brown is quickly catching the eye of fans around the nation. If North Gwinnett sticks to their style of play (equal pass and rush numbers per game) we have a solid chance. It's gonna be a great game!

Key to stopping him will be your front 4 if they can get in the backfield before he gets momentum then yall will have success.

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

He finished with 21 carries for 22 yards against us.

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I forgot to add this in my last post, but the main way to stop North Gwinnett is by forcing them to be one-dimensional. That's what Lowndes did with our rush game and forced us to pass. However, if you let North have their way, it's over. Just ask Walton and Shiloh, we put up 396 yards rushing alone on one of them (I forgot which). 

2 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Key to stopping him will be your front 4 if they can get in the backfield before he gets momentum then yall will have success.

Also 5-star Barrett Carter at the linebacker spot will be key. If he can plug the gaps before Cody Brown exploits them or can force their QB to make risky passes, we have a great shot at winning the game.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Oh yeah, Lowndes is insane. Wish you woulda let us have a chance against Marietta instead of thoroughly smashing us and making us look stupid.

Not gonna lie yall players were disrespectful in the pregame but we loved it. When we came out your guys ran to the 50 talking trash and dancing on our logo. I forgot his name but #11 for yall got NFL written all over him. Would like to see him be a little more humble. He reminds me of Odell Beckham. Hands down best receiver I seen this past season.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

Not gonna lie yall players were disrespectful in the pregame but we loved it. When we came out your guys ran to the 50 talking trash and dancing on our logo. I forgot his name but #11 for yall got NFL written all over him. Would like to see him be a little more humble. He reminds me of Odell Beckham. Hands down best receiver I seen this past season.

Yeah I apologize on their behalf. But #11, his name is Josh Downs and he is a BEAST (headed to UNC). Three years of watching him play makes me think he could be great in the future. And now looking back, we may have provided you guys with the spark you needed to beat us like you did. I would love to see a rematch at a neutral venue or at our field. There's simply no chance we can win at Martin Stadium/Joe Wilson Field.

14 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Yeah I apologize on their behalf. But #11, his name is Josh Downs and he is a BEAST (headed to UNC). Three years of watching him play makes me think he could be great in the future. And now looking back, we may have provided you guys with the spark you needed to beat us like you did. I would love to see a rematch at a neutral venue or at our field. There's simply no chance we can win at Martin Stadium/Joe Wilson Field.

No need to apologize kids will be kids. Yeah that's him wish we had a wr like that. That definitely woke our guys up for that game. Its easy to stop up in these past years we only ran 3-5 plays. With the fans the band and the atmosphere its hard to come out of their with a win. We even got our own little rule from the ghsa which is ridiculous. Ive only seen it used against our bang because of their magnitude. When the opposing team can ask the refs to make the opponents band stop playing during game play. Its a bogus rule because on every level you have all kinds of outside noise including bands but we get punished for it.

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

No need to apologize kids will be kids. Yeah that's him wish we had a wr like that. That definitely woke our guys up for that game. Its easy to stop up in these past years we only ran 3-5 plays. With the fans the band and the atmosphere its hard to come out of their with a win. We even got our own little rule from the ghsa which is ridiculous. Ive only seen it used against our bang because of their magnitude. When the opposing team can ask the refs to make the opponents band stop playing during game play. Its a bogus rule because on every level you have all kinds of outside noise including bands but we get punished for it.

As a band member, we've been told this several times. Our director forces us to stop playing once football play resumes. And yes I'm very VERY jealous of how big the Georgia Bridgemen are. I even remember laughing when Marietta and Harrison Bailey complained about the band noise during the state championship game. I'm glad that someone realizes the impact that the band can have on the outcome of a football game. I'd love to have that rule abolished so we can continue to wreck other teams' plans.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ngdawg said:

As a band member, we've been told this several times. Our director forces us to stop playing once football play resumes. And yes I'm very VERY jealous of how big the Georgia Bridgemen are. I even remember laughing when Marietta and Harrison Bailey complained about the band noise during the state championship game. I'm glad that someone realizes the impact that the band can have on the outcome of a football game. I'd love to have that rule abolished so we can continue to wreck other teams' plans.

Exactly. Its a part of the game. In my opinion it grooms players for the next level being able to handle that type of atmosphere.

6 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Exactly. Its a part of the game. In my opinion it grooms players for the next level being able to handle that type of atmosphere.

Definitely agree. I could tell our players weren't ready for the noise at the Lowndes game and it showed immediately, as Jacurri Brown ran 90 yards for a TD on like the first drive. That was the loudest high school football atmosphere I've ever been in. Although I bet Lowndes-Colquitt County games have much more hype and tension behind it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Definitely agree. I could tell our players weren't ready for the noise at the Lowndes game and it showed immediately, as Jacurri Brown ran 90 yards for a TD on like the first drive. That was the loudest high school football atmosphere I've ever been in. Although I bet Lowndes-Colquitt County games have much more hype and tension behind it.

Yes you are right about that. Lowndes vs Colquitt and The Winnersville classic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

Yes you are right about that. Lowndes vs Colquitt and The Winnersville classic.

Can't think of any rivalries in GA better than the Winnersville Classic. Although if North Gwinnett and Colquitt keep playing each other, that could be a pretty neat North-South GA rivalry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Maybe our Publix’s don’t poach and recruit players like your public’s do 🧐 

Well here's one thing I can say for sure. Anyone who follows GA football knows that North Gwinnett is a very good team. However, we have only had 1 person transfer into our school for football in the past 5 years. In fact, he hasn't even played a down of varsity football yet. To offset this gain, one player even transferred out of our school to a nearby school that is nowhere near the level of a great team. North Gwinnett does not recruit players yet we manage to tread deep into playoffs year after year. The only notable transfer cases I've heard about are to Westlake (GA) and Valdosta (GA). There's no point generalizing Georgia public high schools as "poachers" because you would be factually incorrect.